Transgender student files complaint against Christian university

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
for not letting him live in male dorms

via bcf

A female-to-male transgender student has filed a discrimination complaint against his Christian university, claiming the school must allow him to live in men’s dormitories regardless of its theological principles.

George Fox University released a statement on Friday claiming that allowing the student, named Jayce, to live in on-campus male housing would interfere with its efforts “to be a Christ-centered community.”

“Our residential facilities are single gender because of our theological commitments,” it continues.

more

Transgender student files complaint against Christian university for not letting him live in male dorms

“If we decide to go to George Fox knowing full well like the stance, then we should follow those rules,” freshman Mckenna Miner said in an interview with KOMO News.

ya think?

oh, unless there is an intentional squeaky reason to go there. surely that wouldn't be the case though. surely not.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
oh, unless there is an intentional squeaky reason to go there. surely that wouldn't be the case though. surely not.

Which squeaky reason?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'd think he'd be more comfortable in a women's dorm. Unless methane is his preferred gas of choice.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Another person trying to destroy Christianity, and everything that it stands for.

If he doesn't want to follow the rules of a Christian University, the answer is really very simple:

Just do not attend that school!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
But it's nice of the good folk here to give hesheit some of the attention hesheit is so desperate for.

Would giving him attention be such a bad thing? If his mind is unable to wrap itself around the logic of why this fight is not worth fighting then maybe this attention will help inform him or others thinking this path is walkable.

This is not directed at only you, Tecumsehsbones, but intended as a more general question.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Not being a big cause fighter, I never get this type of behaviour.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the 'just because i'm a whiny a s s h o l e' accommodation of some twerp should be met with a 'take off eh'.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Should have seen the Sikh going thru Cdn Military Basic Training. Had 24 access to a phone and lawyers ready on the other end.
Fact, not fiction.

Which is total BS.

Would giving him attention be such a bad thing? If his mind is unable to wrap itself around the logic of why this fight is not worth fighting then maybe this attention will help inform him or others thinking this path is walkable.

This is not directed at only you, Tecumsehsbones, but intended as a more general question.

The worst thing you can do is give her attention. But since she brought lawyers into the fray for yet another attack on a Christian institution.

I tell you this... if it was a public college they would do the same thing. Who the f* wants her for a room mate?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Let him live in the boys dorm. This is a person who decided to change their gender because they obviously were uncomfortable in their own skin. It must be extremely tough to do this and even harder when those around you discriminate against you. Who makes this decision lightly, I feel for anyone faced with this. What are they afraid of? That he might convince the boys to become women.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Did he need it?

No he did not.
I know the instructors.
I listened to a CBC interview a few days ago of a retiring Saskatoon Police Officer the other day.
He had left school, in trouble etc.
Joined the Military. The PPCLI as a matter of fact.
He stated that the soldiers he served with gave not a whit to your color, religion and such. They cared about if you could be a soldier. No tolerance for those that could not carry their fair share.
They judged him on his abilities, not the other crap.
Yes he was Aboriginal.
Retired as a police officer after 30 years or so.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The worst thing you can do is give her attention. But since she brought lawyers into the fray for yet another attack on a Christian institution.

I tell you this... if it was a public college they would do the same thing. Who the f* wants her for a room mate?

Thanks for engaging, Eagle. This may sound totally flaky and dumb but...why do you think it`s the worst thing?

I'm of 2 minds about giving attention. On the one hand he is clearly needing some kind of attention. On the other attention, at least the kind he is generating for himself, is only pandering to a wrong kind of need.

Should have seen the Sikh going thru Cdn Military Basic Training. Had 24 access to a phone and lawyers ready on the other end.
Fact, not fiction.

Tell me more. I don't know this story.