Misleading headlines!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We are living in the information age where news is the new entertainment media.
We are over the shock of reality shows so unreal happenings in real life are all we
have left. The new real is he unreal

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'pulse signal' detected, Chinese report says - World - CBC News

W.T.F. is the point of reporting pulses from the Black box if it is NOT from the missing plane?

it is no win for the report either way, they will be trashed if they say nothing, and like you did, will
be trashed for saying something, so i say, say something, and let those who want to follow up along with
them do so, and the others can ignore the report.
realistic people will know that it could be, or not, and will accept that.

maybe there is something else down there that has been missing, the signal is 'something'.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
True JLM. The media has been misleading at every step in order to grab a catchy headline.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
It's the nature of the 24 hour news cycle, even news that isn't news is news. That's why I don't watch CNN or any other cable news network. They feed off those who try to be every bit in tune but are so without a clue that they run into you or walk onto roadways oblivious to their surroundings while they have their heads down checking their phones or other "connected"devices.

I quit watching the steady news cycle 3 months after I started watching it in '88. Nothing has changed since then, except how easily we can get it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When the plane is found or the black box is in someone's hand we want to hear about it, until then focus on news! -:)

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
When the plane is found or the black box is in someone's hand we want to hear about it, until then focus on news! -:)

You know, I just wish they would stop calling them "black boxes", they're not black, they're orange. They are CVR's and DFDR's, or they could just call them data boxes, or recorders. The media just love to add that little bit of mystery and /or shock value.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You know, I just wish they would stop calling them "black boxes", they're not black, they're orange. They are CVR's and DFDR's, or they could just call them data boxes, or recorders. The media just love to add that little bit of mystery and /or shock value.

"A rose by any other name is still a rose" -:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

OMG. Well that's it. My enchantment with the aviation industry is gone!

;)

LOL