Report warns pancake syrups in U.S. may cause cancer

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
American pancake and waffle lovers who consume large quantities of syrup containing caramel colour may be putting themselves at a higher risk of developing cancer, a new report reveals.
Caramel colour is often used to give imitation maple syrups in the U.S. their amber hue common in more expensive pure maple syrups.
Consumer Reports, an American magazine published by the Consumers Union, says that some types of caramel colour contain 4-MeI, a potential carcinogen.

Read more: Report warns pancake syrups in U.S. may cause cancer; advises choosing real maple syrup instead | CTV News

When plan to order pancakes in a restaurant I also ask if they have real maple syrup, the imitation in blaaaaa.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm kinda feeling like a pancake now...anything with the word cake in it and I'm so there...

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I'm kinda feeling like a pancake now...anything with the word cake in it and I'm so there...

Oh boy you are making me hungry. YUMMMMMMMMY. I usually make blueberry pancakes the pile on fruit and a good helping of maple syrup.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Oh boy you are making me hungry. YUMMMMMMMMY. I usually make blueberry pancakes the pile on fruit and a good helping of maple syrup.
tell you what, you work on that, I'll head out the door and be right there... can ya put the coffee on too...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Beet wine will freak out any drug inspector, lots of it the night before, 2 days is even better. Turnip wine just kept blowing that caps off too much. There has to be some way to use it without a dollop of moist white flour being the 'bulk' of the food. Time for a new 'trail treat' maple flavored, as a gummy thing or ground into your oat fiber treats, ....... when you need the extra 64,000 calories per hour. It does cure that drool some people get as they pass the bacon isle but at a heavy cost.

If you dig a well in the middle the round fruity things won't roll away. (blending is optional after that point)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
American pancake and waffle lovers who consume large quantities of syrup containing caramel colour may be putting themselves at a higher risk of developing cancer, a new report reveals.

I think there's probably a greater risk of developing rotten teeth! -:)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Spent a summer in SC when I was 16. Frequented this restaurant, where they advertised pancakes with REAL Maple Syrup. The shyte was terrible.

I never have liked, and still don't ..............REal Maple Syrup.,,,,,even worse was their pancakes.

asked them where they got their syrup, and they told me "from the north"

Well fukk, good enough for the girl I go with.......................eh.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Caramel colour is often used to give imitation maple syrups in the U.S. their amber hue common in more expensive pure maple syrups.
Consumer Reports, an American magazine published by the Consumers Union, says that some types of caramel colour contain 4-MeI, a potential carcinogen.

Read more: Report warns pancake syrups in U.S. may cause cancer; advises choosing real maple syrup instead | CTV News

When plan to order pancakes in a restaurant I also ask if they have real maple syrup, the imitation in blaaaaa.

Blame that Aunt Jemima beotch....she's the one that made it popular.

OMG. Now I so want that breakfast!!!

Do you know how seriously dangerous it is that I have a Cora's right next door to me?8O

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
OMG. Now I so want that breakfast!!!

Do you know how seriously dangerous it is that I have a Cora's right next door to me?8O
Well I know how dangerous it would be for me. And then I was stupid enough to start a pancake discussion in the pool this morning at 7:00 A.M.

Torture.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Pancakes are my feel good food. Don't have them too often so when I do the are delicious.

However a discussion at 7:00AM is dangerous.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
table syrup is so unappetizing. I love maple syrup. It's goes really well on vanilla ice cream too.

I can't stand "maple" flavoured stuff. ick.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
table syrup is so unappetizing. I love maple syrup. It's goes really well on vanilla ice cream too.

I can't stand "maple" flavoured stuff. ick.

Maple syrup is the best but I can only take it in small doses, it's far, far too sweet. But I agree on the maple flavoured yuck, blah! Lol.