Man dies 'subway surfing' New York train

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man dies 'subway surfing' New York train
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:42 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:54 AM EDT
A New York man died while apparently "subway surfing" on top of a train, the New York Daily News reports.
Isabel Rios, 45, was found unconscious and unresponsive atop a No. 6 train Wednesday night.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police told the newspaper Rios suffered fatal head trauma when he slammed into an overhead barrier as the train pulled into a station near Elder Ave. in the Bronx.
The Daily News said Rios was an architect who managed a project to rebuild parts of Staten Island destroyed by hurricane Sandy.
A commuter stands on a train platform waiting for a subway train during the morning commute in New York December 19, 2013. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Man dies 'subway surfing' New York train | World | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah ya have to watch those overhead barriers before lifting your head up...oh wait...that's difficult

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I could say that I feel bad but I'd be lying if I did.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
When will he get his Darwin Award? If anyone deserves one, he does.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He was 45 years old and an architect and he was train surfing? Tell me something is not really weird with that picture.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Some new sort of concrete test. Apparently it's sound....

That would be more of an Engineer's job though wouldn't it? ;)

Lol. Seriously though, one doesn't reach the ripe middle age of 45 and go through the schooling required to become an Architect, never mind an Architect in charge of a large project, while at the same time being a no-brained yahoo. So either the description of this guy is wrong or else it's drugs/severe mental illness.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
That would be more of an Engineer's job though wouldn't it? ;)

Lol. Seriously though, one doesn't reach the ripe middle age of 45 and go through the schooling required to become an Architect, never mind an Architect in charge of a large project, while at the same time being a no-brained yahoo. So either the description of this guy is wrong or else it's drugs/severe mental illness.

Architects sign off on the engineering so he best be checking that work.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's amazing the stupid games that people make up and call "extreme". Car-surfing, train-surfing, leaping off a skyscraper for a basejump, jumping off a roof to land on a huge silver ball (which didn't end well for the fellow's legs), various stunts on skateboards/bikes that involve railings and high places, etc.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's amazing the stupid games that people make up and call "extreme". Car-surfing, train-surfing, leaping off a skyscraper for a basejump, jumping off a roof to land on a huge silver ball (which didn't end well for the fellow's legs), various stunts on skateboards/bikes that involve railings and high places, etc.

And then there's this guy.

I don't even want to know what the hell he was trying to do.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well that was the problem then. Not supposed to fly on an overpass, supposed to drive on them.

They couldn't help it. They were singing "I believe I can fly" at the time, and they had to follow through.;)