Brits can't tell time eh - Bomb may have exploded in Irish suspect’s face - he forgot

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Bomb may have exploded in Irish suspect’s face because he forgot to change clocks for Daylight Savings Time | National Post

Irish police believe that a “high-grade” bomb may have gone off prematurely on a Dublin street Sunday night because a man forgot to change his clocks for Daylight Savings Time, according to U.K. reports.

“It would appear that the bomber got his timings wrong,” a police source told the Mirror. “It could be a case where he didn’t put his watch forward on Sunday and the timer went off too soon.”

Although much of Canada lost an hour on March 9, the U.K. and Ireland switched to “summer time” early Sunday morning, at 1 a.m.

The explosion rocked Ireland’s capital at about 11 p.m. Sunday night.

Police are hunting for a man who fled the scene “dripping in blood” after a bomb exploded in his face while he was apparently trying to plant it under a Volvo SUV in the densely populated New Street and Clanbrassil Street area.

“His entire face was covered in what I thought was blood, but now know were severe burns,” a witness told the Irish Examiner. “He was running down the street with his hands up to his face screaming ‘please help me, please help me.’ ”

The suspect bumped into several parked cars as he ran, because he was blinded by the blast, the Herald reported. He fled the scene in a taxi as the vehicle burned.

“This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb. It wasn’t garbage stuff,” a police source told the Mirror. “If anyone had been in the car or walking near it at the time then they would have been killed.”

The owner of the targeted vehicle, a local businessman, has reportedly declined to speak with any media about the incident.

Only the alleged bomber was injured in the explosion, but other cars and a few houses reportedly suffered minor damage.

“We are concerned as to this person’s wellbeing,” police said.

A man was admitted to Mater Hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries to his face and upper body, the Belfast Telegraph reported. The police are waiting to interview him.

Police reportedly believe a crime gang was behind the attack, but detectives are also investigating whether bombing is linked to an alleged “love triangle,” the Herald reported.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How is an Irishman a Brit? The people of Dublin haven't been British since 1922.

Also, this story just fits right into the stupid Irishman stereotype.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Bomb may have exploded in Irish suspect’s face because he forgot to change clocks for Daylight Savings Time | National Post

Irish police believe that a “high-grade” bomb may have gone off prematurely on a Dublin street Sunday night because a man forgot to change his clocks for Daylight Savings Time, according to U.K. reports.

“It would appear that the bomber got his timings wrong,” a police source told the Mirror. “It could be a case where he didn’t put his watch forward on Sunday and the timer went off too soon.”

Although much of Canada lost an hour on March 9, the U.K. and Ireland switched to “summer time” early Sunday morning, at 1 a.m.

The explosion rocked Ireland’s capital at about 11 p.m. Sunday night.

Police are hunting for a man who fled the scene “dripping in blood” after a bomb exploded in his face while he was apparently trying to plant it under a Volvo SUV in the densely populated New Street and Clanbrassil Street area.

“His entire face was covered in what I thought was blood, but now know were severe burns,” a witness told the Irish Examiner. “He was running down the street with his hands up to his face screaming ‘please help me, please help me.’ ”

The suspect bumped into several parked cars as he ran, because he was blinded by the blast, the Herald reported. He fled the scene in a taxi as the vehicle burned.

“This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb. It wasn’t garbage stuff,” a police source told the Mirror. “If anyone had been in the car or walking near it at the time then they would have been killed.”

The owner of the targeted vehicle, a local businessman, has reportedly declined to speak with any media about the incident.

Only the alleged bomber was injured in the explosion, but other cars and a few houses reportedly suffered minor damage.

A man was admitted to Mater Hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries to his face and upper body, the Belfast Telegraph reported. The police are waiting to interview him.

Police reportedly believe a crime gang was behind the attack, but detectives are also investigating whether bombing is linked to an alleged “love triangle,” the Herald reported.

Why would anyone want to help him? He's a cowardly bomber and I doubt he would try to help any of the innocent people caught in the blast had it gone off when it was supposed to.

Suuuuure they are. They just want to be able to see if he had co-conspirators in this little gambit.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I wonder who he was working for. The IRA maybe.