Lesbian predator sentenced to one year in jail!


JLM
#1
Heidi Ferber, ex-hockey coach, gets 1 year in jail in teen sex case - British Columbia - CBC News


I get the sense that lesbian predators are less despised than male predators! Do we have a double standard here?
 
Goober
#2
151. Sexual interference | Criminal Code of Canada
 
gerryh
#3
no where do I see the term "Lesbian predator" in any of the news articles or court documents. The terms YOU are using are inflamitory and discriminatory. What the offenders sexual preferences are are irrelevant to any of this. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.
 
JLM
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

no where do I see the term "Lesbian predator" in any of the news articles or court documents. The terms YOU are using are inflamitory and discriminatory. What the offenders sexual preferences are are irrelevant to any of this. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.


Sorry, my mistake! I thought Lesbians are acceptable in modern society and the term is no longer a slur!
 
BornRuff
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Sorry, my mistake! I thought Lesbians are acceptable in modern society and the term is no longer a slur!

Lol, I don't think you quite get what they were getting at.
 
JLM
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Lol, I don't think you quite get what they were getting at.


Anything is possible! -

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.


And yet I have a sense that she is not regarded so despicably as Graham James (who I detest) is.
 
gerryh
#7
Using "lesbian" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not. Her sexual preferences do not factor in. You used "male" sexual predator, why use "lesbian" rather than "female"?

As for the comparison with James, how many kids did he molest? How many kids did she molest? I'm sure you will see the difference and why there is a difference in sentencing when you answer those 2 questions.
 
JLM
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Using "lesbian" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not. Her sexual preferences do not factor in. You used "male" sexual predator, why use "lesbian" rather than "female"?

As for the comparison with James, how many kids did he molest? How many kids did she molest? I'm sure you will see the difference and why there is a difference in sentencing when you answer those 2 questions.


I don't think either one of us know how many either one of them molested. I suppose if I had to take a stab in the dark at how many James molested I would say 3 (but the possibility could be 10 times that for all I know)
 
Goober
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Sorry, my mistake! I thought Lesbians are acceptable in modern society and the term is no longer a slur!

JLM I think that you along with many others would be surprised at a low sentence. If I recall correctly it used to be 30 days as a minimum.
Your use of Lesbian was the hot wire that got the responses you did.
Gay - Male - Female - sex offenses upon the young -- - They are predators, you singled out Lesbian as she happens to be lesbian.

In my opinion we do not see cases like this as often as male sex offenses inflicted upon the young - be they male or female.
Being gay, does not make a predator.
She is a predator.
You had an poor choice of words for an OP.
No more no less.
 
gerryh
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I don't think either one of us know how many either one of them molested. I suppose if I had to take a stab in the dark at how many James molested I would say 3 (but the possibility could be 10 times that for all I know)

He was found guilty of molesting 3, she was found guilty of molesting 1.
 
Goober
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

He was found guilty of molesting 3, she was found guilty of molesting 1.

Regardless she is a predator. Longer terms in jail.
 
Sal
#12
a year is not long enough for this type of crime
 
gerryh
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Regardless she is a predator. Longer terms in jail.


James got hit with 5 years after crown appealed the original 18 month sentence. Looking at that, the 12 month sentence is in line. Note, James was eligible for full parole as of the fall of 2013.
 
Goober
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

James got hit with 5 years after crown appealed the original 18 month sentence. Looking at that, the 12 month sentence is in line. Note, James was eligible for full parole as of the fall of 2013.

That in itself is the problem. Each sentence at a lower sentence sets guideline to be followed by Judges. Much like a race to the bottom.
 
JLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

JLM I think that you along with many others would be surprised at a low sentence. If I recall correctly it used to be 30 days as a minimum.
Your use of Lesbian was the hot wire that got the responses you did.
Gay - Male - Female - sex offenses upon the young -- - They are predators, you singled out Lesbian as she happens to be lesbian.

In my opinion we do not see cases like this as often as male sex offenses inflicted upon the young - be they male or female.
Being gay, does not make a predator.
She is a predator.
You had an poor choice of words for an OP.
No more no less.


Yeah, I suppose that while all Lesbians are women attacked to other females, there's an off chance that not all females attracted to other females are lesbians. Mea culpa!

Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

a year is not long enough for this type of crime


I tend to agree although I'm not sure what the answer is. Jail won't cure them so if jail is to be an appropriate sentence maybe it should be for life.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Heidi Ferber, ex-hockey coach, gets 1 year in jail in teen sex case - British Columbia - CBC News


I get the sense that lesbian predators are less despised than male predators! Do we have a double standard here?

Round here we had a male teacher who got 26 years for having consensual sex with three girls 16-17 years old. Then there was a female swim coach who had consensual sex with three boys 10-14 years old. She got 60 days, then got that knocked down to 30 because 60 days was excessive.
 
Sal
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I tend to agree although I'm not sure what the answer is. Jail won't cure them so if jail is to be an appropriate sentence maybe it should be for life.

we can't cure them yet, but perhaps learn to better control in the future to keep youth safe, that would be a huge positive step

the reason I think a year is not enough is because the young girl has expressed experiencing trauma...I believe when sentencing ideally the victims healing process would impact jail time.

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Round here we had a male teacher who got 26 years for having consensual sex with three girls 16-17 years old. Then there was a female swim coach who had consensual sex with three boys 10-14 years old. She got 60 days, then got that knocked down to 30 because 60 days was excessive.

part of the reason for that is male/female attitude often expressed after hearing of such crimes

often men will say (and I've heard it said on here) I should be so lucky. It is often viewed as a win/win situation.
 
Mak54291
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Heidi Ferber, ex-hockey coach, gets 1 year in jail in teen sex case - British Columbia - CBC News


I get the sense that lesbian predators are less despised than male predators! Do we have a double standard here?

At least they are dispised.
 
JLM
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

we can't cure them yet, but perhaps learn to better control in the future to keep youth safe, that would be a huge positive step

the reason I think a year is not enough is because the young girl has expressed experiencing trauma...I believe when sentencing ideally the victims healing process would impact jail time.


part of the reason for that is male/female attitude often expressed after hearing of such crimes

often men will say (and I've heard it said on here) I should be so lucky. It is often viewed as a win/win situation.


What healthy normal 14 or 15 year old boy is going to be traumatized being seduced by a gorgeous 22 year old woman? Ain't gonna happen!
 
Blackleaf
+2
#20  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

no where do I see the term "Lesbian predator" in any of the news articles or court documents. The terms YOU are using are inflamitory and discriminatory. What the offenders sexual preferences are are irrelevant to any of this. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.


She's a lesbian and a sexual predator. She's a lesbian predator.

Jesus. I can't see the problem here. Just bloody say it as it is.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Using "lesbian" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not. Her sexual preferences do not factor in. You used "male" sexual predator, why use "lesbian" rather than "female"?


Why use the word "female". Using "female" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not.

And that one year sentence she received is despicable. She would have been sentenced to a lot longer in Britain.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#21
A.k.a. a "lesbidator." Or less formally, a snatchsnatcher. Not to be confused with the dinosaur species of the same name.
 
Locutus
#22
How'd your 'right wing' lesbian beaters make out in that other thread boney?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

How'd your 'right wing' lesbian beaters make out in that other thread boney?

Hang on, Locutus, they're making great strides in the treatment of coprocephalitis.
 
Locutus
#24
Make it snappy; your fans wanna know.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#25
 
Locutus
#26






bonus meme:

 
JLM
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

She's a lesbian and a sexual predator. She's a lesbian predator.


That was the conclusion I came to based on the definition of a lesbian as a woman sexually attracted to other women, which made sense to me. Although I've heard objections from a few posters, I'm still not convinced I was wrong in that assumption unless as I alluded to that all woman sexually attracted to other women are not lesbians.
 
55Mercury
+2
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

That was the conclusion I came to based on the definition of a lesbian as a woman sexually attracted to other women, which made sense to me. Although I've heard objections from a few posters, I'm still not convinced I was wrong in that assumption unless as I alluded to that all woman sexually attracted to other women are not lesbians.

Is that like how wondering if a phallus going in would feel as good as a poop going out doesn't make you gay? lol
 
JLM
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by 55MercuryView Post

Is that like how wondering if a phallus going in would feel as good as a poop going out doesn't make you gay? lol


Sheesh, hadn't thought of that!
 
Goober
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

That was the conclusion I came to based on the definition of a lesbian as a woman sexually attracted to other women, which made sense to me. Although I've heard objections from a few posters, I'm still not convinced I was wrong in that assumption unless as I alluded to that all woman sexually attracted to other women are not lesbians.

A sexual predator is just that. A predator. Their sexual orientation has nothing to do with making nor does it contribute to making them a sexual predator.
 

Similar Threads

3
Crossbow Cannibal is sentenced to die in jail
by Blackleaf | Dec 22nd, 2010
1
Cop killers sentenced to 81 years in jail
by Blackleaf | Dec 22nd, 2006
no new posts