Lesbian predator sentenced to one year in jail!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
no where do I see the term "Lesbian predator" in any of the news articles or court documents. The terms YOU are using are inflamitory and discriminatory. What the offenders sexual preferences are are irrelevant to any of this. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
no where do I see the term "Lesbian predator" in any of the news articles or court documents. The terms YOU are using are inflamitory and discriminatory. What the offenders sexual preferences are are irrelevant to any of this. She is a female sexual predator, no different than a male sexual predator.

Sorry, my mistake! I thought Lesbians are acceptable in modern society and the term is no longer a slur!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Using "lesbian" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not. Her sexual preferences do not factor in. You used "male" sexual predator, why use "lesbian" rather than "female"?

As for the comparison with James, how many kids did he molest? How many kids did she molest? I'm sure you will see the difference and why there is a difference in sentencing when you answer those 2 questions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Using "lesbian" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not. Her sexual preferences do not factor in. You used "male" sexual predator, why use "lesbian" rather than "female"?

As for the comparison with James, how many kids did he molest? How many kids did she molest? I'm sure you will see the difference and why there is a difference in sentencing when you answer those 2 questions.

I don't think either one of us know how many either one of them molested. I suppose if I had to take a stab in the dark at how many James molested I would say 3 (but the possibility could be 10 times that for all I know)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Sorry, my mistake! I thought Lesbians are acceptable in modern society and the term is no longer a slur!

JLM I think that you along with many others would be surprised at a low sentence. If I recall correctly it used to be 30 days as a minimum.
Your use of Lesbian was the hot wire that got the responses you did.
Gay - Male - Female - sex offenses upon the young -- - They are predators, you singled out Lesbian as she happens to be lesbian.

In my opinion we do not see cases like this as often as male sex offenses inflicted upon the young - be they male or female.
Being gay, does not make a predator.
She is a predator.
You had an poor choice of words for an OP.
No more no less.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't think either one of us know how many either one of them molested. I suppose if I had to take a stab in the dark at how many James molested I would say 3 (but the possibility could be 10 times that for all I know)

He was found guilty of molesting 3, she was found guilty of molesting 1.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Regardless she is a predator. Longer terms in jail.

James got hit with 5 years after crown appealed the original 18 month sentence. Looking at that, the 12 month sentence is in line. Note, James was eligible for full parole as of the fall of 2013.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
James got hit with 5 years after crown appealed the original 18 month sentence. Looking at that, the 12 month sentence is in line. Note, James was eligible for full parole as of the fall of 2013.

That in itself is the problem. Each sentence at a lower sentence sets guideline to be followed by Judges. Much like a race to the bottom.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM I think that you along with many others would be surprised at a low sentence. If I recall correctly it used to be 30 days as a minimum.
Your use of Lesbian was the hot wire that got the responses you did.
Gay - Male - Female - sex offenses upon the young -- - They are predators, you singled out Lesbian as she happens to be lesbian.

In my opinion we do not see cases like this as often as male sex offenses inflicted upon the young - be they male or female.
Being gay, does not make a predator.
She is a predator.
You had an poor choice of words for an OP.
No more no less.

Yeah, I suppose that while all Lesbians are women attacked to other females, there's an off chance that not all females attracted to other females are lesbians. Mea culpa!

a year is not long enough for this type of crime

I tend to agree although I'm not sure what the answer is. Jail won't cure them so if jail is to be an appropriate sentence maybe it should be for life.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Heidi Ferber, ex-hockey coach, gets 1 year in jail in teen sex case - British Columbia - CBC News

I get the sense that lesbian predators are less despised than male predators! Do we have a double standard here?

Round here we had a male teacher who got 26 years for having consensual sex with three girls 16-17 years old. Then there was a female swim coach who had consensual sex with three boys 10-14 years old. She got 60 days, then got that knocked down to 30 because 60 days was excessive.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I tend to agree although I'm not sure what the answer is. Jail won't cure them so if jail is to be an appropriate sentence maybe it should be for life.
we can't cure them yet, but perhaps learn to better control in the future to keep youth safe, that would be a huge positive step

the reason I think a year is not enough is because the young girl has expressed experiencing trauma...I believe when sentencing ideally the victims healing process would impact jail time.

Round here we had a male teacher who got 26 years for having consensual sex with three girls 16-17 years old. Then there was a female swim coach who had consensual sex with three boys 10-14 years old. She got 60 days, then got that knocked down to 30 because 60 days was excessive.
part of the reason for that is male/female attitude often expressed after hearing of such crimes

often men will say (and I've heard it said on here) I should be so lucky. It is often viewed as a win/win situation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
we can't cure them yet, but perhaps learn to better control in the future to keep youth safe, that would be a huge positive step

the reason I think a year is not enough is because the young girl has expressed experiencing trauma...I believe when sentencing ideally the victims healing process would impact jail time.

part of the reason for that is male/female attitude often expressed after hearing of such crimes

often men will say (and I've heard it said on here) I should be so lucky. It is often viewed as a win/win situation.

What healthy normal 14 or 15 year old boy is going to be traumatized being seduced by a gorgeous 22 year old woman? Ain't gonna happen!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

She's a lesbian and a sexual predator. She's a lesbian predator.

Jesus. I can't see the problem here. Just bloody say it as it is.

Why use the word "female". Using "female" implies that that is the reason she is a predator. It is not.

And that one year sentence she received is despicable. She would have been sentenced to a lot longer in Britain.