Junior says "F**K"

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Not sure the issue here. I have heard many politicians and officials use 'bad words' before. Personally I have a lot less trust for someone who wouldn't say 'sh*t' if you filled their mouth with it than for someone who can bluntly call someone a 'dumb-fu*k'. Don't we actually want real and honest everyday people in govt....or do you prefer the lying phonies we got now because somehow using a swear word is a reason to not elect somebody.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not sure the issue here. I have heard many politicians and officials use 'bad words' before. Personally I have a lot less trust for someone who wouldn't say 'sh*t' if you filled their mouth with it than for someone who can bluntly call someone a 'dumb-fu*k'. Don't we actually want real and honest everyday people in govt....or do you prefer the lying phonies we got now because somehow using a swear word is a reason to not elect somebody.

You make a good point, Nick, I've never been one for mincing words too much, although I suppose a point is reached that calls for articulation and décor and there is the philosophy that vulgarity does nothing to reinforce your point. People of my generation were taught that, that kind of language was not used when ladies were present!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I had a school teacher who once told me people don't learn to swear but they should
learn how to. If there is another descriptive use it if no other word other than a swear
word describes it then swear. That way you are always in command of your own
words.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I had a school teacher who once told me people don't learn to swear but they should
learn how to. If there is another descriptive use it if no other word other than a swear
word describes it then swear. That way you are always in command of your own
words.

Swearing is definitely a double edged sword, it often gets your point across, at the same time bringing to people's attention that your command of your native language is inadequate.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Swearing is definitely a double edged sword, it often gets your point across, at the same time bringing to people's attention that your command of your native language is inadequate.
That's so retro, dood. You're showing your age. Times have changed. I'm with Nick and Gerry on this one.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
People of my generation were taught that, that kind of language was not used when ladies were present!

Which is rather condescending. Thats more or less treating them like children. My grandmother swore like a sailor and couldnt care less what anyone thought of it.

I'll take swearing over the scripted bs most politicians use all the time. Its nice to hear something other than the same talking points for the 10,000th time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's so retro, dood. You're showing your age. Times have changed. I'm with Nick and Gerry on this one.

Maybe, but can we dismiss people's feelings who are offended by it? Seems a little presumptuous to me! -:)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So Justin said asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk. What's the big f_cking deal.

Yoy guys are seeing the irony here right?

:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So Justin said asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk. What's the big f_cking deal.

Yoy guys are seeing the irony here right?

:)

So are you saying that all the stuff we were taught growing up is invalid? Is there any point in teaching our kids and grandkids anything? I swear as much as any body but I still think there's a time and place for it!-:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Which is rather condescending. Thats more or less treating them like children. My grandmother swore like a sailor and couldnt care less what anyone thought of it.
Me too. I have potty mouth and there is nothing wrong with my vocabulary. If people don't like the way I express myself they can fuk off.

I think mine comes partially from my generation where we used it to freak out the old since they thought we were all going straight to hell. Then I used it because I was in an environment where females really were condescended to in my time. I would go to a mall to check out a site for a store and the mall manager would assume that the male I was with would be doing the assessing. He would often times shake his hand and nod politely to me.

At first it did unnerve me. My good old Jewish boss got me over that one fast. He was an awesome mentor. Taught me to yell and swear with the best of them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My little brother uses the F word so many times in one sentence nobody can understand what the fucck he's talking about. He spits a lot while he's at it as well.

It's when it gets to be too many times in one word that it gets a little much. Like I've know people who will say automof*ckingbile.-:)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe, but can we dismiss people's feelings who are offended by it? Seems a little presumptuous to me! -:)

If they are offended by that word they are over sensitive. Its a fairly common word these days. I rarely swear myself but dont particularly care if others do it often or at all. They're just words. Get over it.