Torture, waterboarding failed to extract any key evidence in hunt for Osama bin Laden

Goober
Torture, waterboarding failed to extract any key evidence in hunt for Osama bin Laden: U.S. Senate report | National Post

I recall a US Col taking mortar or sniper fire in Iraq, held a gun to one of 2 captured insurgents head for info, stating basically talk or die. Got the info, target was acquired and destroyed.

Pain and suffering can be tolerated. Coming face to face with someone that will make you a martyr is completely different.

captain morgan
What if your goal is to be a martyr?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

What if your goal is to be a martyr?

Then you go to the other guy. Number 2 after seeing his fellow martyrs brains blown all over him may be more cooperative.
Does this sound harsh, does this make people think i do not believe in the rules of justice.

Not directed at you. I posted a thread, Jake coming home.
I bet no one listened to it.
Kids as young as 8 or so were loaded up with a bomb and sent towards US soldiers on post.
And what action does the soldier take?

captain morgan
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
I get what you're saying.

Fact is, if you (as a military in going into a foreign land), had better understand the motivation and tactics of your opponent if you wish to be effective.

RE: the title of the thread/OP: I get a kick out of the Nat Post and the very real possibility of their level of naivety in terms of believing the 'report' or source that the wrote the piece. No military would divulge their process regardless of effectiveness

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I get what you're saying.

Fact is, if you (as a military in going into a foreign land), had better understand the motivation and tactics of your opponent if you wish to be effective.

RE: the title of the thread/OP: I get a kick out of the Nat Post and the very real possibility of their level of naivety in terms of believing the 'report' or source that the wrote the piece. No military would divulge their process regardless of effectiveness

If you wish listen.
forums.canadiancontent.net/me...ming-home.html (external - login to view)