B.C. measles outbreak infects Washington state resident

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Measles are part of growing up and developing an immune system. Most of us had it growing up, so what is the big deal? More over protecting kids from life.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Measles are part of growing up and developing an immune system. Most of us had it growing up, so what is the big deal? More over protecting kids from life.

Encephalitis and death. It happens to some children. That's why they want to prevent it. So that some kids don't die.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
People who do not get their shots or have their children vaccinated, place themselves, their families, and others in jeopardy. I would support their decision if only they fell ill and suffered the effects, but... It is a very selfish and dangerous decision.

It is analogous to drinking and driving. The innocent suffer.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
People who do not get their shots or have their children vaccinated, place themselves, their families, and others in jeopardy. I would support their decision if only they fell ill and suffered the effects, but... It is a very selfish and dangerous decision.

I rely on herd immunity due to an deathly allergic reaction to the vaccinations as a baby. I'm now hoping they'll have changed their formula or I've grown out of the reaction so I can get vaccinated. Feeling scared to say the least.