Key stroke of genius

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A 14-year-old student who is possibly smarter than 99% of us has figured out a way to save the U.S. government $400 million a year, just by switching the font they use to print out documents

Teenager finds way for government to save $400MILLION a year just by changing their font

• Suvir Mirchandani measured ink used in typefaces and found Garamond was most cost-effective

• Teenager came up with the idea for his school science project

more

Pennsylvania student Suvir Mirchandani could help US government save $400m | Mail Online

If you say so kid, but it feels like having a salad at The Keg.

Thankfully though, nobody will likely print this off. Enjoy your earthy day.
:lol:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I've never heard of the Garamond font. the Garamond font doesn't seem to be working. :confused:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Gary Somerset, of the Government Printing Office, described the work as 'remarkable' but told CNN the office was focused more on switching to digital rather than changing the font.
Suvir has not been deterred however, and hopes his discovery will be adopted.
'I recognize it's difficult to change someone's behavior,' he said. 'I definitely would love to see some actual changes and I'd be happy to go as far as possible to make that change possible.'
He's about to get himself an education. . .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I wasn't aware of that. :shock:

Just the fonts on your PC use up about 400 megs of drive space....we used to delete all the unused ones on old PCs just to save space...

;)