You're gone? Good


Locutus
#1
Fury over teacher's shocking Facebook post about a 16-year-old student who'd killed himself 24 hours earlier


  • The Australian teacher posted the message the day after the pupil had committed suicide
  • Simon Cox called the student a 'bully' and 'brat' who'd 'made life hell'
  • Most callously of all, he said it was good that the student had died, saying the pupil would get 'no sympathy or empathy from me'
  • The post was passed on to parents, who contacted the school. The teacher has been stood down
  • The boy's uncle said the shattered family had been hurt by the post


more


Teacher Simon Cox's Facebook post after boy commits suicide | Mail Online
 
Tecumsehsbones
#2
Telling the truth is usually a bad idea.
 
B00Mer
+4
#3


Obviously this "child" had issues.. for a person to take his own life and also be a bully.. there should be some empathy for the child and his family that are left behind...

To bad someone didn't send the kid to a psychologist or other professional help.
 
Twila
+3
#4
We've all heard the expression "he/she is acting out". Seems no one ever goes the extra step and asks "why?" There's always a reason.
 
Sal
+5
#5  Top Rated Post
"your gone, good no sympathy or empathy from me"

hope he was a math teacher because spelling is not his forte

next he needs some help...a kid is dead, regardless of what he did or did not do, this is going to be a tragic time for some, the fact that he can not discern this points to a socially challenged individual.

I wouldn't want him teaching my kid. Period.
 
EagleSmack
+5
#6
There are times when one should just be silent I think.
 
Sal
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

There are times when one should just be silent I think.

I agree!
 
Zipperfish
+1
#8
Yup. I've always done well with a general philosophy not to celebrate the death of others. The dead are beyond reproach. The living, some of whom are innocent of the wrongdoings of the deceased, are the ones hurt by tantrums like this.
 
Locutus
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

Yup. I've always done well with a general philosophy not to celebrate the death of others. The dead are beyond reproach. The living, some of whom are innocent of the wrongdoings of the deceased, are the ones hurt by tantrums like this.

Yeah, it's kinda like screaming at a rock.
 
EagleSmack
+4
#10
May the virtues of our brothers be carved in stone and their wrong doings be written upon the sand

Something like that
 
Nuggler
#11
"your" gone. Surprisingly bad grammar from a teacher.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

Yup. I've always done well with a general philosophy not to celebrate the death of others. The dead are beyond reproach. The living, some of whom are innocent of the wrongdoings of the deceased, are the ones hurt by tantrums like this.


Yahbutt: sometimes is nice to know you beat them, if even for a few days, cause no one knows, do they ?

Still, a teacher, bastion of our moral compass and whatnot. Not good.
 
spaminator
#12
I have no sympathy for that punk and others like him. I have had first hand experience with domestic terrorism at school and from a former friend of my sisters. there are times when I wish I could have defended myself with the rotating firearm used in predator and terminator. its irks me that those terrorists and others like them get away with it.
 
WLDB
+2
#13
You can say whatever you want but be ready to pay for it before you say it. This guy had to know this would happen before he wrote that status. If he didnt he is a special kind of idiot.

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Yeah, it's kinda like screaming at a rock.

Yeah, it is pretty funny and strange that he used "you" in the status. As if the dead kid is going to read it. He isnt. I never really understood why people write messages like that online addressed to people who will never read them. Its not really for them, its for those you know will read them. He wanted to hurt people, there is no other reason to post this message.
 
Locutus
#14
When you're emotional, or simply just can't decide, it's sometimes a good idea to read the questionable post out loud before hitting 'post' or 'send'.
 
taxslave
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

When you're emotional, or simply just can't decide, it's sometimes a good idea to read the questionable post out loud before hitting 'post' or 'send'.

What? and deprive all the facebook and forum fanatics of something juicy to write about for days afterward.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#16
No comment on the dead child however a comment on the living teacher is fair game
Inside the teacher is a shriveled up miserable excuse for a human being. What the
hell is his mission in life? A teacher is not there just to teach a subject in school.
A teacher helps to mold the future of his students and part of that is by personal
example. To actually make the comments he made his is actually admitting his own
failure as a teacher.
We all become frustrated and say a few things from time to time we shouldn't but the
statements this teacher made there was and is no excuse for.
 

Similar Threads

1
The good ol' CBC
by Locutus | Nov 22nd, 2012
39
Good Fences make Good Neighbours?
by rufus | Apr 18th, 2009
3
"Good Night, and Good Luck"
by GL Schmitt | Nov 4th, 2005
no new posts