Naval Station Norfolk Shooting Leaves 2 Dead

Locutus
At least two people were killed (external - login to view) on Monday night in a shooting at Naval Station Norfolk in Virginia.

According to the station's official Facebook fan page, which is sponsored by Naval Station Norfolk (external - login to view), the incident occurred at approximately 11:20 p.m. at Pier 1.

Terri Davis, a base spokeswoman, told The Associated Press that the two men who died were a sailor and a civilian. (external - login to view)

No other injuries (external - login to view) were reported.

U.S. Navy security forces responded to the shooting and placed the station in lockdown as a precaution. The lockdown was later lifted.
At the time of this writing, no other details have been released.

Naval Station Norfolk is the world's largest naval station (external - login to view), Military.com reports. The station supports at least 75 ships and 134 aircraft.

Naval Station Norfolk Shooting Leaves 2 Dead (VIDEO) (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
That's what we get for our gun culture. We need to ban guns on military bases.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

That's what we get for our gun culture. We need to ban guns on military bases.

Or ban gun nuts from the military.

Blackleaf
I watched an episode of Horizon on BBC Four last night about the scientists looking at ways to predict earthquakes.

One British earthquake scientist went to earthquake zones all over the world with different instruments to study ways to predict earthquakes.

He mentioned that America was the only country in the world, out of all the countries he went to, in which people (for reasons known only to themselves) were shooting at him.

It was the only country in which he felt in any danger by the locals.

Says it all, I think.

DaSleeper
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Link please......I suspect you're bullshyting....

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I watched an episode of Horizon on BBC Four last night about the scientists looking at ways to predict earthquakes.

One British earthquake scientist went to earthquake zones all over the world with different instruments to study ways to predict earthquakes.

He mentioned that America was the only country in the world, out of all the countries he went to, in which people (for reasons known only to themselves) were shooting at him.

It was the only country in which he felt in any danger by the locals.

Says it all, I think.

Perhaps he was trespassing. Obviously no one was trying to hit him or we wouldn't be reading about his exploits.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Link please......I suspect you're bullshyting....

I'm not. I watched it last night. It was a bearded chap.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Perhaps he was trespassing.

Or perhaps America is a just a nation of gun-toting idiots who take pot shots at innocent people for no satisfactory reason.

I tell a lie. He isn't bearded.

Why Can39t We Predict Earthquakes - YouTube