Mystery man who gave out free money in Halifax detained

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
in P.E.I. mental hospital

Thank god the RCMP caught this menace to society.

Prince Edward Island RCMP say Richard Wright, the mystery man believed to be handing out free cash across HRM last week, has been sent to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for a medical assessment.

Sgt. Leanne Butler said RCMP received a call for a wellness check on Wright last Thursday. Butler said the officers spotted Wright driving his car and stopped him for the assessment.

“The officers concluded that the gentleman should go to the hospital for further assessment by a medical health person,” she said.

“It’s not a criminal act. There’s no charges.”

more

Mystery man who gave out free money in Halifax detained in P.E.I. mental hospital | Metro

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Sure hope they don't find out we gave $5000 to the minor hockey association in town last fall....I could get years locked up and force-fed lithium. I mean I must be really dangerous giving 12 kids who can't afford it the chance to play. Bad me! Bad, bad me! :roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And don't get caught topping off parking meters for other peoples cars in Boston. The BPD responds immediately!

"Ya gotta a problem kid? This youh cah? Ya think ya wicked smaht?"

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
And don't get caught topping off parking meters for other peoples cars in Boston. The BPD responds immediately!

There was someone in Vancouver a few years ago that got in trouble for plugging meters as he walked down the street. Not sure why it is illegal or wrong to add time for strangers...except that then the armed gang can't leave extortion letters on your window.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There was someone in Vancouver a few years ago that got in trouble for plugging meters as he walked down the street. Not sure why it is illegal or wrong to add time for strangers...except that then the armed gang can't leave extortion letters on your window.

$$$$

That's why it's illegal. That extra quarter may have cost the city $50 or so.

Obstruction maybe?

Obstruction of what?

I know it pi**es the city off. As I said... the send they cops immediately if a meter maid sees you.

"Weah is he? Dat guy? Comemeh smaht guy... youa hero?"

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
So preventing a cop from handing out a ticket for overtime parking would be what if not obstruction? :D

A good deed! A charitable act! Fuking priceless! Preventing extortion!

Whatever you want to call it there is no law against it and if they make a law it just proves our govts are corrupt and unconstitutional.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Money is the new god. It is sacred and only a fruit loop would give it away. It is equivalent to defacing a religious object.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

That Bostonian accent in type. I am impressed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh, and I did say "maybe". Also maybe, public nuisance charges.
So preventing a cop from handing out a ticket for overtime parking would be what if not obstruction? :D

If you are actually preventing a police officer from doing it of course. As in he's writing a ticket and you walk up to him and start talking trash, etc.

Topping off a meter isn't obstructing.