Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

Locutus
How very green of them.

The remains of more than 15,000 babies were incinerated as 'clinical waste' by hospitals in Britain with some used in 'waste to energy' plants

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.

more

Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals - Telegraph

petros
Babies burn like cord wood? If flesh was combustible I'd light a roast on fire in the yard and cut away the char instead of paying $1.10 per lb of propane to BBQ.

Blackleaf
Most British people are cremated after they die anyway. I don't see why the DH has a problem with it.

petros
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Most British people are cremated after they die anyway. I don't see why the DH has a problem with it.

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

And 90% of those parents would most likely have incinerated their babies anyway.

relic
+1
Ever try to set fire to meat !? What a fn knob ! He'll be one of steves back benchers soon.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

Ever try to set fire to meat !? What a fn knob ! He'll be one of steves back benchers soon.

I'm assuming you don't have crematoriums in Canada, then?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

And 90% of those parents would most likely have incinerated their babies anyway.

You know this how?

taxslave
Incineration is generally what is done with biological waste. Mostly for health reasons.

relic
Oh yeah,we have crematoriums,what's that have to with my point ? It takes a lot of fuel to burn a body, you don't set a match to it and heat , anything Richard !

MHz
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

How very green of them.

Your internet history must be a sight to behold, lol.
That being said, overweight old people who die naturally would probably give off more heat.

Scooby
Well, here is a good example of irresponsible media.
Perhaps the percentage of discarded flesh and bone in the entire volume of medical waste being incinerated would provide a more realistic picture.

Liberalman
Usually they end up on women's faces

MHz
Next thing they will promote that all hydrocarbons will burn, ha.
God forbid they ever discover the 'wick' or oxygen being able to put the crack into the whip.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Usually they end up on women's faces

Which is then licked off by men.