Dude in rape case uses the "I'm really, really, ridiculously good-looking" defense

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Dude in rape case uses the "I'm really, really, ridiculously good-looking" defense

A man charged with kidnapping, robbing and raping an Atlanta woman says the sex was consensual because he’s just so damn good looking.

A previous trial resulted in a hung jury, where one juror believed Darriuos Mathis’s “good looking” defense while 11 voted to convict him.

The 24-year old survivor testified Wednesday that one night over two years ago, Mathis stopped her as she was leaving a CVS and kidnapped her at gunpoint, forced her to take money out of various ATMs and ultimately sexually assaulted her. “He had told me to get in the car and I actually begged him to take my car,” she said. “I had pushed my wallet that was in my hand and my keys toward him and I was like ‘Please take my car. You can take my cards and everything.”

Mathis’s defense attorneys are arguing that the victim consented to the sex, mostly because of Mathis’s sexy appearance and the fact that she gave him her phone number. The survivor says she gave him the phone number because she was terrified.

more

Alleged Rapist Darrious Mathis Says It Wasn’t Rape Because He is Hot - TIME

exhibit eh
really handsome scumbag

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Re: Dude in rape case uses the "I'm really, really, ridiculously good-looking" defens

if he is so sexy why does he need to rape women? :confused:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Re: Dude in rape case uses the "I'm really, really, ridiculously good-looking" defens

Hey, I know you just raped me
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Good looking? I guess he doesn't own any mirrors, eh?

And one of the jurors in the previous case actually agreed with his reasoning?!? Maybe that idiot should go on an all expenses paid "date" with this doofus and see how good looking he really is...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

A man charged with kidnapping, robbing and raping an Atlanta woman says the sex was consensual because he’s just so damn good looking.

A previous trial resulted in a hung jury, where one juror believed Darriuos Mathis’s “good looking” defense while 11 voted to convict him.

they need to remove that juror from the gene pool

Hey, I know you just raped me
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe?
awesome :eek:ccasion5:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

So in Atlanta they don't prevent idiots from serving on juries.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Maybe if they got a not-so-well-endowed jury, they'd have more brains in the box?