Remember when that kid "accidentally" killed himself by falling into a gym mat?

Locutus
Thought not.

The federal government remembers

[...] Johnson's body was found in a rolled-up mat in the Lowndes High School gymnasium on January 11, 2013. Investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office ruled his death accidental, concluding that Johnson climbed into the center of the gym mat to reach for a shoe and got stuck.

State officials later concurred that Johnson's death was accidental and listed his cause of death as "positional asphyxia," or suffocation by his own body weight. [...]

more

Feds subpoena Kendrick Johnson's schoolmates amid teen's death probe - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Sal
Quote:

Johnson's parents have called the official story a "coverup" and said they believe their son's death was a homicide. A separate autopsy commissioned by the family attributed the 17-year-old's death to "apparent non-accidental, blunt force trauma."

yeah there's a shock...

L Gilbert
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
More:

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (external - login to view)

Coroner slams handling of Kendrick Johnson case - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Sal
+1
the only blurry camera images....no edits (are claimed)...

there's this bridge I have for sale...

SLM
Yes, I do remember that one. I was discussing it with my daughter one day, quite some time ago. Seemed like an oddly rushed job getting to accidental death to me. Especialy since accidentally dying in that manner would take some real explaining, in my opinion.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

the only blurry camera images....no edits (are claimed)...

there's this bridge I have for sale...

Yeah. Not quite sure what we're supposed to conclude from the vids either.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yeah. Not quite sure what we're supposed to conclude from the vids either.

Here's what I think we "could" conclude....this is a FUBAR situation, including....whoever was paid to cover up is a mental midget that "almost" got away with it

Said mental midget may still get away with it.

SLM
Parents sue Georgia school after teen found dead in gym mat

David Beasley, REUTERS

Jul 29, 2014 , Last Updated: 7:31 PM ET

ATLANTA - The parents of a Georgia teenager whose body was found in a rolled-up wrestling mat in his school gym are suing school officials for failing to stop bullying by classmates who may have beaten their son to death, their attorney said on Tuesday.
Kendrick Johnson's parents filed a wrongful death lawsuit in order to subpoena witnesses and investigate the 17-year-old's death. They refuse to believe an official autopsy concluding their son accidentally suffocated last year after falling into an upright rolled-up wrestling mat while retrieving a tennis shoe.
The death of the black teenager has drawn wide attention due to its unusual circumstances and charges of racism. Johnson's parents say their son was harassed by a white classmate before his death.
The lawsuit, filed on Monday, claims the Lowndes County school system in south Georgia failed to investigate assaults and harassment that ultimately escalated and led to his death.
"The focus has been placed on one or more of these kids," said the family's attorney, Chevene King, adding that he cannot prove that a fellow student killed the teenager.
A Lowndes County school spokeswoman was not immediately available to comment.
Suspecting foul play, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson hired a private pathologist who found their son's death was caused by a bodily blow. The teen's father said he believes his son's body was placed inside the wrestling mat to cover up his murder.
An investigation into the death, opened last year by U.S. Attorney Michael Moore for Georgia's Middle District, is still pending, said a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor.
The death is being treated as accidental and not a homicide, said Brad Shealy, chief assistant district attorney for Lowndes County.

Parents sue Georgia school after teen found dead in gym mat (external - login to view)

This has been a weird, weird case. Hard to imagine there isn't some kind of cover up going on, the 'official' explanations sounds so far fetched. Maybe by filing suit the family may be able to get some real answers.

Death of Kendrick Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Kendrick Johnson's parents filed a wrongful death lawsuit in order to subpoena witnesses and investigate the 17-year-old's death. They refuse to believe an official autopsy concluding their son accidentally suffocated last year after falling into an upright rolled-up wrestling mat while retrieving a tennis shoe.

If he were 5-10 years younger Id consider that explanation plausible. In elementary school I remember being told not to climb on the mats or go int he circular ones in storage for obvious reasons. Didn't stop some of us though. It seems unlikely to me that a kid that old would do something like that without help. The risks look pretty obvious. They didn't really describe what sort of condition the body was in. It should be easy to tell if he was beaten or not.

Locutus
*posts merged*