Numerous Stabbings

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There's hardly a day that goes by that we don't hear of a stabbing and most often fairly close to home. I think it's time an end was put to this bullsh*t. I suggest that anyone convicted of pulling a knife gets an automatic prison sentence of ten years (no parole or time off for good behaviour) It's just reached the point where it's ridiculous. It's not the guns that are the problem as much as the knives.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The reason 'automatic' or 'min length' sentences don't work is because they are enforced after after the crime is committed;

A) People who commit crimes think they are smarter than the Police and will not be caught.

B) Others commit crimes of 'rage' where in they get overly excited and do something they wouldn't normally do without consideration for said acts.

Yes, 10 years would keep them off the street but for the victim, it's too late...........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There's hardly a day that goes by that we don't hear of a stabbing and most often fairly close to home. I think it's time an end was put to this bullsh*t. I suggest that anyone convicted of pulling a knife gets an automatic prison sentence of ten years (no parole or time off for good behaviour) It's just reached the point where it's ridiculous. It's not the guns that are the problem as much as the knives.
How about a national registry on knives?..............

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2010001/article/11146-eng.htm

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I would hope someone has learned something from the gun registry!

Obviously you haven't.

if we are going register anything it should be the culprit,

So, having a criminal record and already being "registered" as an offender isn't good enough for you eh? You want to create ANOTHER registry to list these offenders.

Typical former government employee, all for throwing the taxpayers money down the toilet for no appreciable gain.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If you want peace to prevail in a group setting then bureaucracy is important.

I understand that you have trouble differentiating between "bureaucracy" and "registry". You should PM me and I can explain it to you as not to bore others reading this thread

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't think this is a problem that can be fixed. We have what we call our every day knives and forks. We have our silverware. We have several sets of steak knives. We have a full set of Henkel knives, carving etc. All in all, we have probably 70 or more knives that one could use to carve up someone........Hell with just a few tools, you could make a pretty mean knife in a couple hours....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think this is a problem that can be fixed. We have what we call our every day knives and forks. We have our silverware. We have several sets of steak knives. We have a full set of Henkel knives, carving etc. All in all, we have probably 70 or more knives that one could use to carve up someone........Hell with just a few tools, you could make a pretty mean knife in a couple hours....

Yep and add to that chisels, screw drivers, drills etc.