Crimea referendum on joining Russia

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If Quebec wants out all she has to do is let the rest of Canada do the voting. That wouldn't in the Ukraine as she is seeking to join Russia rather than become a sovereign Nation themselves. (among other issues)

Would that not also have to be part of the choices on the ballots for the rest of the country gets when they vote a few months from now?

The article I read said it would be voted on in a referendum. If that works the same way it did when England gave the Canadian Provinces independence from England then the Provinces were to hold a referendum on whether or not to join together and form a single country. Does the Ukraine have anything like Provinces? They would be the current power, whoever was voted in (any party) and only the 'federal government leadership' has been 'fired'. In May the next 4 years could be decided. It would be interesting to see what the campaign promises would be from the 'competing in the Ukraine Political Olympics' (in that the whole world would be watching very closely)

In our world it doesn't take many voter signatures to make any bill that is being considered that has to be voted on changed to it being by the public voters rather than anybody they voted in or was appointed as a representative of the people. I'll bet the next few months will teach us alot about international law and a failed coup.
Ukraine was violence by rebel forces, Crimea was by the local military that 'changed sides' and became 'masked gunmen' who had modern Russian equipment. They could have been under the direction of Crimean Military Officers in their coup and they are now in a place like Egypt was when the military took over prior to elections taking place.

Last edited:

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC
If Quebec wants out all she has to do is let the rest of Canada do the voting. That wouldn't in the Ukraine as she is seeking to join Russia rather than become a sovereign Nation themselves. (among other issues)

Would that not also have to be part of the choices on the ballots for the rest of the country gets when they vote a few months from now?

The article I read said it would be voted on in a referendum. If that works the same way it did when England gave the Canadian Provinces independence from England then the Provinces were to hold a referendum on whether or not to join together and form a single country. Does the Ukraine have anything like Provinces? They would be the current power, whoever was voted in (any party) and only the 'federal government leadership' has been 'fired'. In May the next 4 years could be decided. It would be interesting to see what the campaign promises would be from the 'competing in the Ukraine Political Olympics' (in that the whole world would be watching very closely)

In our world it doesn't take many voter signatures to make any bill that is being considered that has to be voted on changed to it being by the public voters rather than anybody they voted in or was appointed as a representative of the people. I'll bet the next few months will teach us alot about international law and a failed coup.
Ukraine was violence by rebel forces, Crimea was by the local military that 'changed sides' and became 'masked gunmen' who had modern Russian equipment. They could have been under the direction of Crimean Military Officers in their coup and they are now in a place like Egypt was when the military took over prior to elections taking place.
That is what I like , you are able to misunderstand what you read and misinterpret the facts while totally ignoring everything else staring right at you.

But you know what they say "ignorance is bliss" and you my young scoundrel are a prime example .
Have another great day misreading everything.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I wouldn't go too far with the "misreading" thing.

I asked you:

If there is so little freedom, how do you happen to get e-mails from within closed borders. I suggest there is much exaggeration and disinformation from BOTH perspectives.

Your reply was:

Now that is misinformation and misleading but nice try . Next time use facts I hear it is more reliable than telling tales.

No need to reiterate. The response follows directly. I suggest a large part of the problem exists in your mirror.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is ginger a natural look in the Ukraine?

John Kerry: Russia has until Monday to reverse course in Ukraine | WashingtonExaminer.com
So what is not going so well for the West today. Monday should prove interesting, a threat like this would have been better if the deadline was on Saturday, putting it after the referendum means the US will be at war with the people of Crimea, rather than with the people of the Ukraine so they must recognize that the referendum is valid.
WTF is the US going to do when Russia demands payment (in any currency other than USD) for all the US $ they hold, backed by China doing the same as she is no fool.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/germ...t-about-russia-sanction-spiral-banks-at-risk/
Here is how the cash flow is going to go belly up. I'm thinking Russia would come out on top of either a short incident or a long protracted one because bailing on the USD would be many times bigger than what Germany could do to Russia. The shot heard round the world this time will be the echo a penny makes when hitting the bottom of the US treasury.

Mainstream Media Twisting Truths About Russia
LOL, the military trapped in their own bases when all it takes is a truck to break down the front gates. Did the French give them their training, when the enemy shows up don't do anything until you run out of food and the surrender. (unless they open the main gate then you can surrender as soon as you finish your wine cause your whine will last for years in the West's news. In Russian, ... not so much, maybe a full day at best.

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC
Is ginger a natural look in the Ukraine?

John Kerry: Russia has until Monday to reverse course in Ukraine | WashingtonExaminer.com
So what is not going so well for the West today. Monday should prove interesting, a threat like this would have been better if the deadline was on Saturday, putting it after the referendum means the US will be at war with the people of Crimea, rather than with the people of the Ukraine so they must recognize that the referendum is valid.
WTF is the US going to do when Russia demands payment (in any currency other than USD) for all the US $ they hold, backed by China doing the same as she is no fool.

German Exporters Fire Warning Shot About Russia “Sanction-Spiral,” Banks At Risk | InvestmentWatch
Here is how the cash flow is going to go belly up. I'm thinking Russia would come out on top of either a short incident or a long protracted one because bailing on the USD would be many times bigger than what Germany could do to Russia. The shot heard round the world this time will be the echo a penny makes when hitting the bottom of the US treasury.

Mainstream Media Twisting Truths About Russia
LOL, the military trapped in their own bases when all it takes is a truck to break down the front gates. Did the French give them their training, when the enemy shows up don't do anything until you run out of food and the surrender. (unless they open the main gate then you can surrender as soon as you finish your wine cause your whine will last for years in the West's news. In Russian, ... not so much, maybe a full day at best.
I am glad this entertains you so much which shows your stupidity on issues and for your facts well what can I say other than ....growup.... lies never changed the facts and you excel at the lies and why because you have no clue about past present or future and are just worried about being popular here which by the way you are not doing so well.
Now please read and read much for you are living in the pages of lies and then passing them off as if they are your own ideas....that is called delusional which describes you quite well .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How about you keep your bitching about me to other thread and this one can be for the very few that actually care about what is really going on over there?

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC
How about you keep your bitching about me to other thread and this one can be for the very few that actually care about what is really going on over there?
Again this is not about you....this is about telling the whole story not the side you wish to see come out ahead like we are watching a hockey game.
You keep showing clips and news stories as if those are the only ones that matters and talk like an expert on the region. Read my posts from 2 years ago , this is not new .
Having lived there and actually talking with people from there on both sides makes a very different point of view if you even care . We can choose to have an intelligent debate or start a thread called "How I think it should be" To many people in this world say things as facts and when no one challenges them they think they are right and when challenged and shown different they get angry , how dare they challenge your idea as if you are the authority on this. Ask questions , learn read all sides before drawing conclusions you are not prepared to defend with facts not conjecture .

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Again this is not about you....this is about telling the whole story not the side you wish to see come out ahead like we are watching a hockey game.
You keep showing clips and news stories as if those are the only ones that matters and talk like an expert on the region. Read my posts from 2 years ago , this is not new .
Having lived there and actually talking with people from there on both sides makes a very different point of view if you even care . We can choose to have an intelligent debate or start a thread called "How I think it should be" To many people in this world say things as facts and when no one challenges them they think they are right and when challenged and shown different they get angry , how dare they challenge your idea as if you are the authority on this. Ask questions , learn read all sides before drawing conclusions you are not prepared to defend with facts not conjecture .

The Crimea was part of The Ukraine in 1880 was it not?

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC
Russia annexed Crimea in 1783 from the Ottoman empire and then in 1954 it was given to the Ukrainian part of the USSR by Krushchev

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They want to be part of Russia, we can sit back and by Sunday night the referendum will show if that is a fact or not.

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC
Do the people of Crimea want to be an autonomous nation or part of Russia again?
That is a good question and the other is "Should they be part of Russia?"

There is no easy answer to either one of these. The vote will be fairly close but I know for sure it will be yes and it is already decided before anyone even votes. Putin,aka Russia, still has not acknowledged that they have any troops there which would make it an invasion of a foreign country thus making a "free" vote redundant.
Crimea was already autonomous with Ukraine so it comes down to what you want to believe , many have left Crimea
mainly ethnic Jews and Tartar people worried about what will happen if Russia remains in control.
This will also set rights of provinces states or Oblasts on whether they have the right to be autonomous within a country and if they are do other countries have the right to invade given present circumstances and again it depends on who you believe , bearing in mind there was not a civil war or any threat to outside countries during this.