NDP volunteer charged after girl sexually assaulted


Locutus
#1
A man who once sought to replace Jack Layton in his Toronto riding faces a slew of charges after a young girl claimed she was inappropriately touched early Friday morning in a downtown Ottawa hotel.

Ashraf Ali Rao a 47 year-old NDP volunteer and recruiter travelled with the girl to Ottawa from Toronto and was staying at the Quality Hotel on Rideau St. with a 14-year-old girl.

Cops were called there around 4:20 a.m. to deal with a complaint about sexual assault.

Investigators believe Rao groped the girl, but wont say if the pair were sharing a room. They also wont say why they were here, except that it was to attend a function.

Rao is charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and forcible confinement.

He appeared in court Friday and was released on a $2,000 bond.


more


NDP volunteer charged after girl sexually assaulted | Ottawa & Region | News | Ottawa Sun
 
lone wolf
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
Why is a 47 year old travelling with a 14 year old?

Political stripe is relevant only to the propaganda machine
 
Locutus
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Why is a 47 year old travelling with a 14 year old?

Political stripe is relevant only to the propaganda machine


Ok then, this paper:


Man who sought NDP nomination charged with sexually assaulting teen in Ottawa hotel
 
L Gilbert
+3
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

A man who once sought to replace Jack Layton in his Toronto riding faces a slew of charges after a young girl claimed she was inappropriately touched early Friday morning in a downtown Ottawa hotel.

Ashraf Ali Rao a 47 year-old NDP volunteer and recruiter travelled with the girl to Ottawa from Toronto and was staying at the Quality Hotel on Rideau St. with a 14-year-old girl.

Cops were called there around 4:20 a.m. to deal with a complaint about sexual assault.

Investigators believe Rao groped the girl, but wont say if the pair were sharing a room. They also wont say why they were here, except that it was to attend a function.

Rao is charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and forcible confinement.

He appeared in court Friday and was released on a $2,000 bond.


more


NDP volunteer charged after girl sexually assaulted | Ottawa & Region | News | Ottawa Sun

But everything would be ok if it were a Con or a Glib, right?lol

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Why is a 47 year old travelling with a 14 year old?

Political stripe is relevant only to the propaganda machine

EggZachary.
 
lone wolf
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Ok then, this paper:


Man who sought NDP nomination charged with sexually assaulting teen in Ottawa hotel

Focus is still on buggerboy's unsuccessful bid to get into politics rather than the deed ... though Citizen gives it a racial overtone.

Sun part's a laugh - considering when they started out, they couldn't sell a paper until they started posting half-naked jailbait on Page 3

If he's guilty, I hope he gets to try out MacKay's new diddler sentencing....
Last edited by lone wolf; Feb 28th, 2014 at 07:41 PM..
 
El Barto
+3
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

But everything would be ok if it were a Con or a Glib, right?lol

EggZachary.

When will you ever get unbiased news from this source?
 
JLM
+3
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

A man who once sought to replace Jack Layton in his Toronto riding faces a slew of charges after a young girl claimed she was inappropriately touched early Friday morning in a downtown Ottawa hotel.

Ashraf Ali Rao a 47 year-old NDP volunteer and recruiter travelled with the girl to Ottawa from Toronto and was staying at the Quality Hotel on Rideau St. with a 14-year-old girl.

Cops were called there around 4:20 a.m. to deal with a complaint about sexual assault.

Investigators believe Rao groped the girl, but wont say if the pair were sharing a room. They also wont say why they were here, except that it was to attend a function.

Rao is charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and forcible confinement.

He appeared in court Friday and was released on a $2,000 bond.


more


NDP volunteer charged after girl sexually assaulted | Ottawa & Region | News | Ottawa Sun


Not sure why the political party is relevant, the only party this dude should be part of is a Neck tie party. -
 
damngrumpy
+1
#8
How is it that sexual assault became the center for a political agenda I thought
such activities were criminal not political If we are going to follow that rule we
must therefore mention and expect it be mentioned the political background of
every Priest and Evangelical Minister, and every other faith leader of any religion
because of course we have entered into the nonsense of dragging politics into
an alleged criminal offense.
Is it relevant what party he was from? I would say no not really anymore than its
relevant what political stripe a businessman or preacher is from/
All I need to know is that a forty seven year old creep was with a fourteen year old
girl, traveling to a function and he supposedly physically assaulted her.
I have a few relevant questions though.

1 Why were they traveling together and was there third person as a chaperone?
2 What was the relationship to the girl or was there one?
3 What function were they attending?
4 What was in effect as far as parental supervision?
5 Were they sharing a hotel room?
6 How could the parents allow such behavior and what was his position of trust?

These are the real questions that are valid and they are scarcely eluded to in the
story.
If however this was an NDP sanctioned event and they knew they were traveling
together without a family relationship that would call into question the decision of
the party. If not it lacks relevance. I guess for some half a story without detail is
better than no story
 
pgs
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

How is it that sexual assault became the center for a political agenda I thought
such activities were criminal not political If we are going to follow that rule we
must therefore mention and expect it be mentioned the political background of
every Priest and Evangelical Minister, and every other faith leader of any religion
because of course we have entered into the nonsense of dragging politics into
an alleged criminal offense.
Is it relevant what party he was from? I would say no not really anymore than its
relevant what political stripe a businessman or preacher is from/
All I need to know is that a forty seven year old creep was with a fourteen year old
girl, traveling to a function and he supposedly physically assaulted her.
I have a few relevant questions though.

1 Why were they traveling together and was there third person as a chaperone?
2 What was the relationship to the girl or was there one?
3 What function were they attending?
4 What was in effect as far as parental supervision?
5 Were they sharing a hotel room?
6 How could the parents allow such behavior and what was his position of trust?

These are the real questions that are valid and they are scarcely eluded to in the
story.
If however this was an NDP sanctioned event and they knew they were traveling
together without a family relationship that would call into question the decision of
the party. If not it lacks relevance. I guess for some half a story without detail is
better than no story

Yup your points are all very well taken but from an outsiders perspective it could look like this NDP rep really was for the little girl not the little guy .
 
no new posts