SF suicide capital

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The Golden Gate Bridge is merely iconic, no different than the Empire State Building in New York.

But I rather doubt that San Francisco is the suicide capital. The U.S. doesn't even crack the top 30 in the world here: List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And most of the other searches I've seen with relatively up to date information (within the past decade), neither the state of California nor the city of San Francisco make the top ten in the U.S.

Suicide Statistics at Suicide.org! Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics, Suicide Statistics!

The 15 Most Suicidal Cities In America - Business Insider

That being said, they should be erecting effective barriers for suicide prevention, because being an iconic landmark, the bridge will draw people to it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If I lived in California or anywhere in America, and have to put up with those grating, nasal accents, I'd jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, too.

Anyway, I'm off. There's loads of little Muslim schoolkids who have just arrived wearing (for some reason, on a sunny day) hi-viz jackets coughing and spluttering all over the place as usual. I don't want to catch TB.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If I lived in California or anywhere in America, and have to put up with those grating, nasal accents, I'd jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, too.
Now there's a win-win if I ever saw one!

Anyway, I'm off. There's loads of little Muslim schoolkids who have just arrived wearing (for some reason, on a sunny day) hi-viz jackets coughing and spluttering all over the place as usual. I don't want to catch TB.
Where's the EDL when you need them?