Accused Craigslist killer teen claims to have killed more than 20 people

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Accused Craigslist killer teen claims to have killed more than 20 people
QMI Agency
First posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:00 AM EST | Updated: Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:10 AM EST
A Pennsylvania teen charged in a gruesome murder claims she has killed more than 20 people.
The Sunbury Daily Item reported Saturday that Miranda Barbour, 19, admitted her guilt in the stabbing death of a man in Port Trevorton, Pa., last November and confessed she has killed many others in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California in the past six years.
"When I hit 22, I stopped counting," Barbour told the newspaper from Northumberland County Prison Friday night. "I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them."
She said she is ready to plead guilty to the murder of Troy LaFerrara, who she said she killed after agreeing to have sex with after meeting him through a Craigslist ad, and is willing to talk to police about the other alleged killings.
Court documents allege Barbour, who joined a satanic cult in Alaska when she was 13, stabbed LaFerrara 20 times while her 22-year-old husband, Elytte Barbour, had a cord wrapped around his neck.
Miranda Barbour told the paper she was confessing to being a serial killer because she wanted to stop living a lie, though she added she felt no remorse because she only killed "bad people."
Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo said authorities were taking her claims seriously.
"From information we gathered and from information gathered from her interview we are seriously concerned and have been in contact with the proper authorities," he told the Daily Item.
Accused Craigslist killer teen claims to have killed more than 20 people | World | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dad of accused teen Craigslist killer calls daughter a liar
Reuters
First posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 02:12 PM EST | Updated: Thursday, February 20, 2014 02:32 PM EST
The father of a woman charged with murdering a man she lured via the Craigslist classified ad website has described his daughter as a manipulative liar and said he could accept her execution if a jury deems it just, a Pennsylvania newspaper reported.
However, Sonny Dean told Sunbury paper the Daily Item that he does not believe his daughter Miranda Barbour is a serial killer, even though she has admitted to the Craigslist killing and at least 22 other slayings.
"Miranda lives in a fantasy world made up in her own mind," Dean, who is from Texas, told the paper in an article published on Wednesday. "She craves attention, is selfish, dishonest and manipulative."
Barbour, 19, could face the death penalty in connection with the Pennsylvania murder of Troy LaFerrara, the 42-year-old man who answered her bogus ad offering sex for $100, authorities said.
The paper said Dean wrote a statement to the LaFerrara family saying he would willingly trade his life for the victim's.
If the jury recommends capital punishment for his daughter, he told LaFerrara's widow he "would stand side by side with you, take your hand, and silently pray that some good may come of this," the paper said.
Dean did not respond to an email request to speak about his daughter and told the paper he would not respond to any more media requests seeking interviews.
"I can honestly say that I had no idea my daughter was capable of this kind of horrendous act," he told the paper. "I've tried everything in my power to get her the help that she needed. Was I the perfect father? Not at all."
In a jailhouse interview, Barbour said she was part of a satanic cult and had no remorse for her victims, according to an article published in Saturday's edition of the Daily Item, a 25,000-circulation paper that has been closely following the case.
Barbour also said she had killed people in different parts of the country, including Alaska, California, Texas and North Carolina.
Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, in a Pennsylvania state court in December pleaded not guilty to killing LaFerrara, whose body was found dumped in an alley.
Prosecutors say the husband hid under a blanket in the back of the car when his wife picked up LaFerrara at a mall near Harrisburg, about 50 miles (80 km) south of Sunbury.
Dad of accused teen Craigslist killer calls daughter a liar | World | News | Toronto Sun