Premier Wall appoints delegation in bid to ease railway grain backlog


petros
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
We didn't have this problem under the CWB.....

Saskatchewan’s premier has appointed a delegation that includes three cabinet ministers and an MLA in an effort to ease an ongoing railway grain backlog.

The delegation will meet with representatives from major grain companies this week to discuss the challenges they are facing in moving grain and potential solutions.

Producer contracts and lower grain prices will also be discussed, and the delegation will encourage grain companies to pursue level of service contracts with the railways.

“This grain movement backlog is a very serious situation for the entire province and it is a high priority for our government,” Premier Brad Wall said in a news release.

“The delays in moving grain have led to lower prices for our producers at the farmgate and are harming our reputation as a reliable supplier of agriculture products throughout the world. We want every possible avenue explored to ensure our producers have the ability to market and deliver their grain in a timely manner.”

The delegation appointed by Wall includes Agriculture Minister Lyle Stewart and his legislative secretary, MLA Scott Moe, as well as Economy Minister Bill Boyd, and Highways and Infrastructure Minister Don McMorris.

The Saskatchewan government says it will continue to pressure Ottawa to ensure improved grain movement remains a top priority.

I need to get paid before it all it's worthless.

Read more: Premier Wall appoints delegation in bid to ease railway grain backlog | CTV Regina News
 
petros
#2
Tick tock tick tock as millions of tonnes of food degrades or rots.
 
Locutus
#3
yeah, yeah, yeah...from the comments:

If the farmers think their grain is more important then oil good luck with that.Welcome to the free market.The CWB had alot to do with the logistics of when and where grain was shipped.The farmers want to manage their grain sales on their own they better get to work.Selling commodities in the free market is very competitive.I see alot more oil being produced in the next year and years away from any pipelines being built.Brad Walls biggest money maker right know is oil.Good luck competing against that.

 
petros
#4
yeah yeah yeah from reality.

Oil isn't being shipped west to port is it? There are no bottlenecks.

Potash is the biggest money maker for us right now and it doesn't go west either.
 
lone wolf
#5
I wonder how much backlog there would be if CN and CP still had transcontinental railroads....
 
petros
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I wonder how much backlog there would be if CN and CP still had transcontinental railroads....

CN and CP are North America wide now.
 
lone wolf
#7
Only if they are routed through Toronto or leave Canada to do it
 
petros
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Only if they are routed through Toronto or leave Canada to do it

Noooooo. Soo and GT are Canadian lines into the US from SK and MB.
 
L Gilbert
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

We didn't have this problem under the CWB.....

Saskatchewan’s premier has appointed a delegation that includes three cabinet ministers and an MLA in an effort to ease an ongoing railway grain backlog.
I need to get paid before it all it's worthless.

Read more: Premier Wall appoints delegation in bid to ease railway grain backlog | CTV Regina News

Must be time to buy shares in railroads and companies that manufacture railroad equipment.
 
lone wolf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Noooooo. Soo and GT are Canadian lines into the US from SK and MB.

Uh-huh.... That's "leave Canada" isn't it?
 
petros
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Must be time to buy shares in railroads and companies that manufacture railroad equipment.

Not really. No. CP is in financial trouble aand CN isn't doing so sh*t hot either.

Procor who makes oil tanks is private owned. Canpotex is private owned.

Name Exchange Symbol Last trade Change Mkt cap Union Tank Car Company Private Progress Rail Services Corporation Private General Electric Railcar Services Corporation Private Marmon Holdings, Inc. Private ACF Industries LLC Private Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co. Private Seacastle, Inc. Private XTRA Corporation Private Excel Railcar Corporation Private TTX Company Private Invensys Rail Corporation Private

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Uh-huh.... That's "leave Canada" isn't it?

Nooooooo. They bought US lines.
 
lone wolf
+1
#12
Did they move the tracks to Canada?

Do you have something to say or just have to say something?

My point was: Somewhere buried in the national debt are remains of bills for Canadian Pacific then Canadian Northern and National Transcontinental railways - the latter two becoming 1 when Canadian National was formed. CN's eastern route is gone from just beyond Capreol and CP's is gone from beyond Mattawa - after having become a RailAmerica then Genessee & Wyoming property.
 
Nuggler
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Tick tock tick tock as millions of tonnes of food degrades or rots.


I thought the grain producers had got together and formed an unofficial CWB. ???


Could they not agree on something ?


Did Helmethead put together a scheme to fukkem ?


Aside from what he already did ?
 
petros
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Did they move the tracks to Canada?

Do you have something to say or just have to say something?

My point was: Somewhere buried in the national debt are remains of bills for Canadian Pacific then Canadian Northern and National Transcontinental railways - the latter two becoming 1 when Canadian National was formed. CN's eastern route is gone from just beyond Capreol and CP's is gone from beyond Mattawa - after having become a RailAmerica then Genessee & Wyoming property.

Sooline and Grand Truck are Canadian owned.

Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

I thought the grain producers had got together and formed an unofficial CWB. ???


Could they not agree on something ?


Did Helmethead put together a scheme to fukkem ?


Aside from what he already did ?

Would you deliver for someone who paid up front over somebody that you have to bill and wait for payment IF they can afford to pay?
 
lone wolf
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Sooline and Grand Truck are Canadian owned.

So what? The thing that confuses you is my original statement about the stuff leaving Canada when there were once tracks that could get them right to Atlantic tidewater wholly within Canada unhampered by US priorities.
Last edited by lone wolf; Feb 13th, 2014 at 11:19 PM..
 
no new posts