Has Rob Ford gone a little beyond the pale?

JLM
Rob Ford admits to lying about drug use, says he was embarrassed as YouTube show debuts | National Post

For awhile I was in favour of cutting Rob a little slack, as people do break down under stressful conditions. But I think his "15 minutes in the sun" has about expired. I believe the only way he is going to smarten up now is if he is ignored. The news people should find someone else.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Rob Ford admits to lying about drug use, says he was embarrassed as YouTube show debuts | National Post

For awhile I was in favour of cutting Rob a little slack, as people do break down under stressful conditions. But I think his "15 minutes in the sun" has about expired. I believe the only way he is going to smarten up now is if he is ignored. The news people should find someone else.

Ignore him and the news media and they will soon find a different horse to flog .

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Ignore him and the news media and they will soon find a different horse to flog .

Maybe Pamela Wallin could use a little more! -

BornRuff
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

It is hard to imagine us finding anyone who would provide even 1/4 of the material that Ford serves up on a weekly basis.

Regardless of your opinion on how the media treats Rob, I think it is undeniable that Rob craves attention from the media as well. Someone who doesn't want attention wouldn't be doing US media tours and taking multiple stabs at creating their own show. He seems to get antsy whenever people are not talking about him.

WLDB
+1

If this story is true his 15 minutes is just starting:

Casting Crazy Town: Now that the Rob Ford book is being filmed, here’s who we think should star | National Post

DaSleeper
+1

Posting another "Ford" thread???

You're doing a bang up job of "Ignoring"........-

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

If this story is true his 15 minutes is just starting:

Casting Crazy Town: Now that the Rob Ford book is being filmed, here’s who we think should star | National Post

A movie was inevitable. Probably a miniseries too. It may be tough to roll out if he doesn't lose the election though.

grumpydigger
+2
#8  Top Rated Post
Admitting to drug use embarrasses him. but babbling incoherently in a public place is merely a delightful evening on the town.

lone wolf
Addiction might just be the symptom. I don't know if he needs a councellor or a shrink....

BornRuff
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Addiction might just be the symptom. I don't know if he needs a councellor or a shrink....

He's been taking advice from a certain councilor for years and it doesn't seem to be doing much for his addiction problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

Admitting to drug use embarrasses him. but babbling incoherently in a public place is merely a delightful evening on the town.

Well, he wouldn't be the only person who's definition of what is embarrassing and what is a wonderful idea shifts when intoxicated.