Elections are beyond corrupt in the US. Those with the money do get paid in the end.

Goober
Elections are beyond corrupt in the US. Those with the money do get paid in the end. The rest of the peasants get it in the end as well.

Inside the $400-million political network backed by the Kochs - The Washington Post

Koch-backed political network, built to shield donors, raised $400 million in 2012 elections - The Washington Post

Koch Donor Conference Meetings | Mother Jones
Exclusive Audio: Inside the Koch Brothers' Secret Seminar | Mother Jones

A rare look inside the Koch brothers political empire

The labyrinthian design of the political network backed by the Koch brothers and their fellow conservative donors serves several purposes, but one of the biggest is to ensure the privacy of its financial backers. As we detailed last month, the money flows through a complex maze of tax-exempt groups and limited liability corporations, creating multiple barriers that shield the identities of the donors. Such anonymous contributions should be allowed, Charles Koch has argued, to protect people from the attacks that he and his brother David and their company have fielded. Critics say the Kochs and their allies seek to influence elections without accountability.

Now a document published by Mother Jones provides a rare glimpse inside the closely held network. The spreadsheet -- apparently left behind by a guest who attended a recent Koch-sponsored donor seminar at a resort outside Palm Springs – lists the names of more than 40 top donors, along with the senior Koch officials they met with during the three-day conclave.

This is not the first time we’ve learned the names of some of the Koch network donors. But the document reveals the vast resources of the group’s backers, which includes top corporate executives, hedge fund billionaires and longtime Republican financiers. Several of those in attendance also have been top contributors to American Crossroads, the super PAC co-founded by Karl Rove.

taxslave
+2
No surprise here. Long gone are the days when "anyone" could become prez.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

No surprise here. Long gone are the days when "anyone" could become prez.

Yep- Billion Dollar puppets.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Elections are beyond corrupt in the US. Those with the money do get paid in the end. The rest of the peasants get it in the end as well.
Inside the $400-million political network backed by the Kochs - The Washington Post
Koch-backed political network, built to shield donors, raised $400 million in 2012 elections - The Washington Post
Koch Donor Conference Meetings | Mother Jones
Exclusive Audio: Inside the Koch Brothers' Secret Seminar | Mother Jones
A rare look inside the Koch brothers political empire

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Yep. And people grumble about fixed counts at election points. lol They're usually unaware of the depth of election fixing and the amount of favors running back n forth in the background. apparently, the Harpy gov't is trying to keep our elections from being bought. I hope it works. But, as of yet, I'm still positive that politics and religions are the two biggest banes of humanity.

relic
"the harpy gov't is trying to keep our elections from being bought" ??????? Well if not bought, he's not above putting the fix in where ever he can.Have you heard/read any of the new election rules ? none of those are suspect ??

Walter
+1
Your source is Mother Jones? Tis to laugh.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

"the harpy gov't is trying to keep our elections from being bought" ??????? Well if not bought, he's not above putting the fix in where ever he can.Have you heard/read any of the new election rules ? none of those are suspect ??

Didja miss where I said " Politics and religions are the two biggest banes to humanity" and where I said "Apparently"? It should be fairly obvious that I don't trust politicians - especially when I've said it many times. I don't have to read the rules. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Your source is Mother Jones? Tis to laugh.

lol I had to look that up and see who Mother Jones was.

GreenFish66
+1
Harper's all about Big Oil...
Ok... Not fair...He has a Bird Sanctuary. - Stephen Harper lays cornerstone at Hula Valley bird sanctuary - Politics - CBC News

IS all about Jobs/Economy/People/Environment....

What kinda Job/Economy do People Need/Want to Live in?

When Oil Pipe lines are branched out all over Canada, will Taxes go down?

Light is Green; The Future Clear...Green/Clean Tech. is Now; Is the Future.

BaalsTears
+3 / -1
#9  Top Rated Post
Govt. works for those who govern. Any benefit to others is purely accidental.

GreenFish66
Enough Chatter!...Now Back to Work Zombie Slave Drones.!

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Govt. works for those who govern. Any benefit to others is purely accidental.

Egg Zachary.

damngrumpy
Harper's crowd relies on dirty tricks not money fixing. In the USA both sides
have special groups collecting money. Perhaps the time has come to make
all contributors large and small identify themselves that would do it.