Latest Canadian federal election poll


#juan
#1
Yes would consider voting for a party
Liberal Party: 49%
NDP: 41%
Conservative Party: 38%
Green Party: 26%
Bloc Québécois [Quebec only]: 33%

Nothing Earth shaking but the Liberals seem to still be in the lead by slightly more than the poll before this one.

 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Cliffy
+3
#2
Interesting. That represents 183% of voters. Someone's math is slightly askew.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+5
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Interesting. That represents 183% of voters. Someone's math is slightly askew.

It's clear why election reform is necessary.
 
#juan
#4
Methodology

The views of 1,000 respondents are compiled into a party power brand index for each party that goes from 0 to 100, where 0 means that the party has no brand power and 100 means it has maximum brand power. A score above 50 is an indication of brand power for the party and its leader at this time.

The important factors in this weekly tracking include the direction of the brand strength or weakness and also the brand power of one federal party relative to another.

The data is based on random telephone interviews with 1,000 Canadians, using a four week rolling average of 250 respondents each week, 18 years of age and over. The interviews are compiled into a four week rolling average of 1,000 interview where each week, the oldest group of 250 interviews is dropped and a new group of 250 interviews is added. The latest research was conducted over the four week period ending on February 1, 2014.

A random telephone survey of 1,000 Canadians is accurate 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20.

All references or use of this data must cite "Nanos Party Power Index" as the source.
 
JLM
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Yes would consider voting for a party
Liberal Party: 49%
NDP: 41%
Conservative Party: 38%
Green Party: 26%
Bloc Québécois [Quebec only]: 33%

Nothing Earth shaking but the Liberals seem to still be in the lead by slightly more than the poll before this one.



Looks like the Conservatives are in good shape to win the next election. (People tend to go out on a limb when it doesn't count) -
Don't forget May 14, 2013.

 
#juan
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Looks like the Conservatives are in good shape to win the next election. (People tend to go out on a limb when it doesn't count) -
Don't forget May 14, 2013.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Is that what that poll says to you JLM? I would have put the tories in third place.
 
JLM
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Is that what that poll says to you JLM? I would have put the tories in third place.

I would have thought that you would know that there is only one "poll" that counts. In B.C. we should know that better than anyone! -

By next election a lot of the "shine" will be off Junior.
 
taxslave
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Interesting. That represents 183% of voters. Someone's math is slightly askew.

Irs the new math they teach nowadays.
 
#juan
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I would have thought that you would know that there is only one "poll" that counts. In B.C. we should know that better than anyone! -

By next election a lot of the "shine" will be off Junior.

True enough, but wouldn't you say that the "shine" has definitely gone off Harper?
 
mentalfloss
+1
#10
If you want see the best aggregates then go to ThreeHundredEight.com.


As of Feb 3rd it's Libs: 32%, Cons: 26%, NDP: 23%.
 
#juan
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

If you want see the best aggregates then go to ThreeHundredEight.com.


As of Feb 3rd it's Libs: 32%, Cons: 26%, NDP: 23%.

Interesting, The Nanos poll had the NDP ahead of the Cons
 
JLM
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

True enough, but wouldn't you say that the "shine" has definitely gone off Harper?

Definitely (I'm not a fan of Harper) but I think he does adhere to some core values. Junior may be a little more impetuous.
 
petros
#13
The Nanos poll? Shazbot!
 
pgs
+3
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Methodology

The views of 1,000 respondents are compiled into a party power brand index for each party that goes from 0 to 100, where 0 means that the party has no brand power and 100 means it has maximum brand power. A score above 50 is an indication of brand power for the party and its leader at this time.

The important factors in this weekly tracking include the direction of the brand strength or weakness and also the brand power of one federal party relative to another.

The data is based on random telephone interviews with 1,000 Canadians, using a four week rolling average of 250 respondents each week, 18 years of age and over. The interviews are compiled into a four week rolling average of 1,000 interview where each week, the oldest group of 250 interviews is dropped and a new group of 250 interviews is added. The latest research was conducted over the four week period ending on February 1, 2014.

A random telephone survey of 1,000 Canadians is accurate 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20.

All references or use of this data must cite "Nanos Party Power Index" as the source.


Yup that has to be a very accurate polling method . No wonder the pollsters have got things so wrong lately .
A Nick Nanos poll by liberals for liberals naturally the liberals are in front . It helps with fund raising when you are the front runner don't you know .
 
#juan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Definitely (I'm not a fan of Harper) but I think he does adhere to some core values. Junior may be a little more impetuous.

You keep calling him "Junior". He's forty four years old for God's sake. Hardly a boy.
 
L Gilbert
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Yes would consider voting for a party

Nope. Not at this point in time. I dislike all 3 of the main parties' leaders. So we'll be voting Indie or Pot Party or whatever wiill aid to have a minority gov't.
Quote:

Liberal Party: 49%
NDP: 41%
Conservative Party: 38%
Green Party: 26%
Bloc Québécois [Quebec only]: 33%

Nothing Earth shaking but the Liberals seem to still be in the lead by slightly more than the poll before this one.

Yep. We Canucks are pretty dense. Keep electing the same parties that have gotten Canada into this wonderful state we're in. Brilliant,
 
#juan
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Nope. Not at this point in time. I dislike all 3 of the main parties' leaders. So we'll be voting Indie or Pot Party or whatever wiill aid to have a minority gov't.
Yep. We Canucks are pretty dense. Keep electing the same parties that have gotten Canada into this wonderful state we're in. Brilliant,

What "state" do you think we are in? Compared with whom? I would say we are in better shape than most.
 
JLM
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

What "state" do you think we are in? Compared with whom? I would say we are in better shape than most.

Apparently of the G7 countries we are the only one that is not in dire financial shape! That must say something.
 
taxslave
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Apparently of the G7 countries we are the only one that is not in dire financial shape! That must say something.

Making the lefties jealous.
 
L Gilbert
+2
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

You keep calling him "Junior". He's forty four years old for God's sake. Hardly a boy.

Turdeau Jr. So what if he's 40? Harry Connick Jr. is 46, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 39 and probably won't drop the "Jr." when he reaches 40, Robert Downey Jr. is 48, etc.
 
#juan
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Turdeau Jr. So what if he's 40? Harry Connick Jr. is 46, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 39 and probably won't drop the "Jr." when he reaches 40, Robert Downey Jr. is 48, etc.

And those people have to do with Justin Trudeau how?
 
Goober
+3
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Interesting. That represents 183% of voters. Someone's math is slightly askew.

Liberals have been raiding the cemeteries again.
 
taxslave
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Liberals have been raiding the cemeteries again.

Been long enough since they got caught doing that there is now a whole generation knows nothing about it.
 
#juan
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Liberals have been raiding the cemeteries again.

That was a Nanos poll. I also posted a blurb explaining the poll methodology. If you can't read I can't help.
 
Goober
+3
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

That was a Nanos poll. I also posted a blurb explaining the poll methodology. If you can't read I can't help.

Rather testy today.
If you could not see the humor of what happened in elections in days gone by I will not waste my time explaining it.
 
JLM
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

And those people have to do with Justin Trudeau how?

Born in the same era and have a recognized father.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

What "state" do you think we are in? Compared with whom? I would say we are in better shape than most.

Depends upon which aspect we're thinking of. Economically, we survived the recession better than most countries but we're still adding more to our nat'l debt faster than most, Canucks are still living quite a bit beyond our means even if we are starting to turn that tide around, etc.
We've slipped from 5th to 39th (or something like that) as far as healthcare goes, we've managed to stay steady in education, etc.
 
Goober
+2
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

You keep calling him "Junior". He's forty four years old for God's sake. Hardly a boy.

Ever met older people with the sense the good Lord gave a rock?
 
L Gilbert
+3
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

And those people have to do with Justin Trudeau how?

JLM called Turdeau, "Junior". You commented on it and said he's 40, implying that he shouldn't be called Junior because of his age. I simply pointed to other people that are called "Jr." at older ages. Try to keep up, huh?
 
#juan
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Ever met older people with the sense the good Lord gave a rock?

Not worthy of a comment.......
 

Similar Threads

10
Was the Canadian Federal Election Cheated
by onguardforthee | May 17th, 2011
217
Latest poll on Capital punishment
by JLM | Dec 4th, 2010
3
Canadian Content Election Poll
by Andem | Jan 12th, 2006
79
Latest Poll: Conservative Lead widens
by Jersay | Jan 5th, 2006
42
Latest Poll: Conservatives Lead
by Jersay | Jan 4th, 2006
no new posts