Latest Canadian federal election poll

#juan
Yes would consider voting for a party
Liberal Party: 49%
NDP: 41%
Conservative Party: 38%
Green Party: 26%
Bloc Québécois [Quebec only]: 33%

Nothing Earth shaking but the Liberals seem to still be in the lead by slightly more than the poll before this one.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Cliffy
+3
Interesting. That represents 183% of voters. Someone's math is slightly askew.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+5
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

It's clear why election reform is necessary.

#juan
Methodology

The views of 1,000 respondents are compiled into a party power brand index for each party that goes from 0 to 100, where 0 means that the party has no brand power and 100 means it has maximum brand power. A score above 50 is an indication of brand power for the party and its leader at this time.

The important factors in this weekly tracking include the direction of the brand strength or weakness and also the brand power of one federal party relative to another.

The data is based on random telephone interviews with 1,000 Canadians, using a four week rolling average of 250 respondents each week, 18 years of age and over. The interviews are compiled into a four week rolling average of 1,000 interview where each week, the oldest group of 250 interviews is dropped and a new group of 250 interviews is added. The latest research was conducted over the four week period ending on February 1, 2014.

A random telephone survey of 1,000 Canadians is accurate 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20.

All references or use of this data must cite "Nanos Party Power Index" as the source.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Nothing Earth shaking but the Liberals seem to still be in the lead by slightly more than the poll before this one.

Looks like the Conservatives are in good shape to win the next election. (People tend to go out on a limb when it doesn't count) -
Don't forget May 14, 2013.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Looks like the Conservatives are in good shape to win the next election. (People tend to go out on a limb when it doesn't count) -
Don't forget May 14, 2013.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Is that what that poll says to you JLM? I would have put the tories in third place.

JLM

Is that what that poll says to you JLM? I would have put the tories in third place.

I would have thought that you would know that there is only one "poll" that counts. In B.C. we should know that better than anyone! -

By next election a lot of the "shine" will be off Junior.

taxslave

Irs the new math they teach nowadays.

#juan
+1

I would have thought that you would know that there is only one "poll" that counts. In B.C. we should know that better than anyone! -

By next election a lot of the "shine" will be off Junior.

True enough, but wouldn't you say that the "shine" has definitely gone off Harper?

mentalfloss
+1
If you want see the best aggregates then go to ThreeHundredEight.com.

As of Feb 3rd it's Libs: 32%, Cons: 26%, NDP: 23%.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

If you want see the best aggregates then go to ThreeHundredEight.com.

As of Feb 3rd it's Libs: 32%, Cons: 26%, NDP: 23%.

Interesting, The Nanos poll had the NDP ahead of the Cons

JLM

True enough, but wouldn't you say that the "shine" has definitely gone off Harper?

Definitely (I'm not a fan of Harper) but I think he does adhere to some core values. Junior may be a little more impetuous.

petros
The Nanos poll? Shazbot!

pgs
+3

Methodology

The views of 1,000 respondents are compiled into a party power brand index for each party that goes from 0 to 100, where 0 means that the party has no brand power and 100 means it has maximum brand power. A score above 50 is an indication of brand power for the party and its leader at this time.

The important factors in this weekly tracking include the direction of the brand strength or weakness and also the brand power of one federal party relative to another.

The data is based on random telephone interviews with 1,000 Canadians, using a four week rolling average of 250 respondents each week, 18 years of age and over. The interviews are compiled into a four week rolling average of 1,000 interview where each week, the oldest group of 250 interviews is dropped and a new group of 250 interviews is added. The latest research was conducted over the four week period ending on February 1, 2014.

A random telephone survey of 1,000 Canadians is accurate 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20.

All references or use of this data must cite "Nanos Party Power Index" as the source.

Yup that has to be a very accurate polling method . No wonder the pollsters have got things so wrong lately .
A Nick Nanos poll by liberals for liberals naturally the liberals are in front . It helps with fund raising when you are the front runner don't you know .

#juan

Definitely (I'm not a fan of Harper) but I think he does adhere to some core values. Junior may be a little more impetuous.

You keep calling him "Junior". He's forty four years old for God's sake. Hardly a boy.

L Gilbert

Nope. Not at this point in time. I dislike all 3 of the main parties' leaders. So we'll be voting Indie or Pot Party or whatever wiill aid to have a minority gov't.
Quote:

Yep. We Canucks are pretty dense. Keep electing the same parties that have gotten Canada into this wonderful state we're in. Brilliant,

#juan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Nope. Not at this point in time. I dislike all 3 of the main parties' leaders. So we'll be voting Indie or Pot Party or whatever wiill aid to have a minority gov't.
Yep. We Canucks are pretty dense. Keep electing the same parties that have gotten Canada into this wonderful state we're in. Brilliant,

What "state" do you think we are in? Compared with whom? I would say we are in better shape than most.

JLM

What "state" do you think we are in? Compared with whom? I would say we are in better shape than most.

Apparently of the G7 countries we are the only one that is not in dire financial shape! That must say something.

taxslave

Apparently of the G7 countries we are the only one that is not in dire financial shape! That must say something.

Making the lefties jealous.

L Gilbert
+2

You keep calling him "Junior". He's forty four years old for God's sake. Hardly a boy.

Turdeau Jr. So what if he's 40? Harry Connick Jr. is 46, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 39 and probably won't drop the "Jr." when he reaches 40, Robert Downey Jr. is 48, etc.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Turdeau Jr. So what if he's 40? Harry Connick Jr. is 46, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 39 and probably won't drop the "Jr." when he reaches 40, Robert Downey Jr. is 48, etc.

And those people have to do with Justin Trudeau how?

Goober
+3

Liberals have been raiding the cemeteries again.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Been long enough since they got caught doing that there is now a whole generation knows nothing about it.

#juan

That was a Nanos poll. I also posted a blurb explaining the poll methodology. If you can't read I can't help.

Goober
+3

That was a Nanos poll. I also posted a blurb explaining the poll methodology. If you can't read I can't help.

Rather testy today.
If you could not see the humor of what happened in elections in days gone by I will not waste my time explaining it.

JLM

Born in the same era and have a recognized father.

L Gilbert
+1

Depends upon which aspect we're thinking of. Economically, we survived the recession better than most countries but we're still adding more to our nat'l debt faster than most, Canucks are still living quite a bit beyond our means even if we are starting to turn that tide around, etc.
We've slipped from 5th to 39th (or something like that) as far as healthcare goes, we've managed to stay steady in education, etc.

Goober
+2

Ever met older people with the sense the good Lord gave a rock?

L Gilbert
+3

JLM called Turdeau, "Junior". You commented on it and said he's 40, implying that he shouldn't be called Junior because of his age. I simply pointed to other people that are called "Jr." at older ages. Try to keep up, huh?

#juan

Ever met older people with the sense the good Lord gave a rock?

Not worthy of a comment.......