China’s dirty emissions creeping into the US

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
China’s dirty emissions creeping into the US

Pollutants from China’s manufacturing industry are traveling across the Pacific Ocean, contributing to smog in the United States, according to a new study.

Chinese power plants and factories produce enough dirty emissions that pollutants can make it across the Pacific in around six days, exacerbating smog levels on the US West Coast, according to a scientific study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Around one-fifth of the pollution China pumps into the atmosphere comes from the production of cheap goods for export to the United States and other countries, the study suggest.

For example, based on Chinese emissions from export manufacturing, Los Angeles experienced at least one extra day of smog that exceeded federal health standards for the ozone in 2006.

“Rising emissions produced in China are a key reason global emissions of air pollutants have remained at a high level during 2000–2009 even as emissions produced in the United States, Europe, and Japan have decreased,” the study’s leaders wrote. “Outsourcing production to China does not always relieve consumers in the United States - or, for that matter, many countries in the Northern Hemisphere - from the environmental impacts of air pollution."

The team of scientists - based in the US, China and the UK - used data from 2006 to weigh how much of the air pollution from China that reached the US came from the production of goods ultimately exported to the United States and other countries. Scientists followed the route of pollutants, including sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide and black carbon, through the atmosphere to gauge their effects outside China.

Source: ?China?s dirty emissions creeping into the US - study ? RT USA

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This is funny. Karma at work. The US exports all her jobs to China and then gets back the smog. The irony of it all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Breath deep. Enjoy the CO2 from the fermentation.

PS It was Bayer not Monsanto

Bayer is German. They were at Auschwitz as IG Farben.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They are trying to shut it down... and the faster the better.. fukking greedy pricks don't give a rats a$$ about our environment.

Azle Residents Take Their Earthquake Concerns To Austin « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Sh*t is constantly falling out of my cupboards from vibrations from being on a living planet. A soup can really do a number on your toes.The ground moves in waves. There is a lot of water below our feet the follows the tides too. DFW had a wet year last year and surfs up.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
This is funny. Karma at work. The US exports all her jobs to China and then gets back the smog. The irony of it all.
Not only the smog but the other pollution which constitutes the planned obsolescence nightmare of shoddy consumer goods. I wanna buy one anything that will last me forever. I think that's why I dig knives so much....you buy a good one and unless you lose it or do something stupid it may well outlive you.

There's nothing the US can do about Chinese pollution traveling with the jet stream. Americans should just accept it.
That's a joke right?