Tens of thousands raised in horrific animal abuse case

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
Kinda sorry to bump this with this post but I am amazed at how the indiegogo campaign is ramping up. Yesterday afternoon it was thirty grand. By bedtime last night it was 34,000 or so...this am it was 36,000. In the last hour and a half it has jumped from 38,000 to 42,000.....that's wild to me.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Kinda sorry to bump this with this post but I am amazed at how the indiegogo campaign is ramping up. Yesterday afternoon it was thirty grand. By bedtime last night it was 34,000 or so...this am it was 36,000. In the last hour and a half it has jumped from 38,000 to 42,000.....that's wild to me.
you can keep bumping the post, no harm in that...it's updating

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
LMAO!!! All that money raised for an organization that puts animals down.

If you want to really help animals give your money to the SPCA.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
LMAO!!! All that money raised for an organization that puts animals down.

If you want to really help animals give your money to the SPCA.
Did you read the campaign info? I think it speaks to people's empathy for the plight of an animal being subjected to the nightmare of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and becoming the unwilling target of some sick sonofabiatch subsequently dying a slow and tortuous death while the freak probably monitors their plight.

I think the campaign is about finding that person / persons. I hope they do.

Your comment is callous and telling.

Here's yer sign....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Did you read the campaign info? I think it speaks to people's empathy for the plight of an animal being subjected to the nightmare of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and becoming the unwilling target of some sick sonofabiatch subsequently dying a slow and tortuous death while the freak probably monitors their plight.

Here's yer sign....

No, whats callous and telling, is the fact that people will raise thousands upon thousands because an animal was killed, but have no problem what so ever with 64,000 plus abortions per year in Canada alone. That's callous and telling.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
No, whats callous and telling, is the fact that people will raise thousands upon thousands because an animal was killed, but have no problem what so ever with 64,000 plus abortions per year in Canada alone. That's callous and telling.
I think it has more to do with simply that the animal was killed in a manner that was intentionally cruel and for pleasure. I think it is partly that the animal is an innocent and was preyed upon by a cruel entity with an obviously twisted psyche looking for an outlet. Compound this with an image of the animal, that, through no fault of it's own is now forced to slowly die with no way to aid itself and no way to communicate it's plight......Fvkkin' awful is what.

The abortion issue is something else altogether in my mind. Many people in many situations with many justifications for their actions. I'd wager that these actions haunt a good many of these people forever, especially if they subsequently have children after the fact. The love for the children that they have must accentuate the sorrow in the actions they took in aborting a child, a sibling, previously. Hard to judge someone. I agree on the whole that it is wrong but it is a huge issue and I don't think the cause behind someone making such a decision is evil necessarily....not in intent anyway. Maybe evil as a premise, in the taking of a life, but I don't for one minute suspect that anyone making such a decision does so out of any twisted sense of pleasure.

I think it's a little presumptuous to assume a person would have no problem terminating a pregnancy. Perhaps in some cases but not as a blanket statement.

Apples and oranges.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I think it has more to do with simply that the animal was killed in a manner that was intentionally cruel and for pleasure. I think it is partly that the animal is an innocent and was preyed upon by a cruel entity with an obviously twisted psyche looking for an outlet. Compound this with an image of the animal, that, through no fault of it's own is now forced to slowly die with no way to aid itself and no way to communicate it's plight......Fvkkin' awful is what.

The abortion issue is something else altogether in my mind. Many people in many situations with many justifications for their actions. I'd wager that these actions haunt a good many of these people forever, especially if they subsequently have children after the fact. The love for the children that they have must accentuate the sorrow in the actions they took in aborting a child, a sibling, previously. Hard to judge someone. I agree on the whole that it is wrong but it is a huge issue and I don't think the cause behind someone making such a decision is evil necessarily....not in intent anyway. Maybe evil as a premise, in the taking of a life, but I don't for one minute suspect that anyone making such a decision does so out of any twisted sense of pleasure.

I think it's a little presumptuous to assume a person would have no problem terminating a pregnancy. Perhaps in some cases but not as a blanket statement.

Apples and oranges.

Ya, I'm not surprised that the evisceration of a human baby would be apples and oranges to the cruel death of a dog. The dog should definitely come out on top. Besides, the baby isn't really a human, or a baby any ways. It's a "fetus" which is obviously well below the importance of a dog or cat.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
Ya, I'm not surprised that the evisceration of a human baby would be apples and oranges to the cruel death of a dog. The dog should definitely come out on top. Besides, the baby isn't really a human, or a baby any ways. It's a "fetus" which is obviously well below the importance of a dog or cat.
Two different emotions, two different situations, two different motivations. The impetus for one does not necessarily discount or nullify the worth or importance of the other any more than making an assumption that because there are great ills in the world we shouldn't respond in an empathetic manner over a lesser ill should we get the chance and are moved to do so.

You make your statements from a particular standpoint, as do I, Go back and read my previous post and consider that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Here's yer sign....
Money doesn't raise animals from the dead.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
Money doesn't raise animals from the dead.
No but money may well help nail the twisted fvkk that would find pleasure in abusing critters....which may be a prelude to abusing humans. Not too much of a stretch to progress from one to the other...I believe it may actually be documented.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No but money may well help nail the twisted fvkk that would find pleasure in abusing critters....which may be a prelude to abusing humans. Not too much of a stretch to progress from one to the other...I believe it may actually be documented.

and tell me how raising money will help catch the person(s). Police not going to do their job without extra compensation? People that know something about this won't come forward without some kind of reward?

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
How the hell would I know? Somebody knows somebody that heard something? Geezuz....it's like you guys trail around after Eyore and Schleprock......"Oh what's the use Pooh....it'll probably just rain anyway". Must be fun to party with y'all....

I find the concept of crowd funding intriguing. I find that people being moved enough to be compelled to donate to something like this is heartening. I suspect that you two could suck the life outa Richard Simmons. Could just be me though....I'm new here. :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Two different emotions, two different situations, two different motivations. The impetus for one does not necessarily discount or nullify the worth or importance of the other any more than making an assumption that because there are great ills in the world we shouldn't respond in an empathetic manner over a lesser ill should we get the chance and are moved to do so.

You make your statements from a particular standpoint, as do I, Go back and read my previous post and consider that.

Quite a number of years ago a cruise ship, in the Pacific was evacuated- fire or something. Anyhow, all were off the ship, a dog was left behind.
The hue and cry, the media stories, to raise funds to rescue the dog.
At that time if I recall correctly, it was over 50 K USD. They raised the funds, dog was rescued. And the world was safe.
1 USD per day feed a child. Do the math.
136 children fed for a year.
20 Kids for 7 years.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
How the hell would I know? Somebody knows somebody that heard something? Geezuz....it's like you guys trail around after Eyore and Schleprock......"Oh what's the use Pooh....it'll probably just rain anyway". Must be fun to party with y'all....

I find the concept of crowd funding intriguing. I find that people being moved enough to be compelled to donate to something like this is heartening. I suspect that you two could suck the life outa Richard Simmons. Could just be me though....I'm new here. :)
yeah you'll learn to put some fuk nuts on ignore...they have one song and one agenda...if you don't agree with their agenda they view you as less than human...don't sweat it

oh, one more thing, and they use any cause as a spring board for their agenda.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
Quite a number of years ago a cruise ship, in the Pacific was evacuated- fire or something. Anyhow, all were off the ship, a dog was left behind.
The hue and cry, the media stories, to raise funds to rescue the dog.
At that time if I recall correctly, it was over 50 K USD. They raised the funds, dog was rescued. And the world was safe.
1 USD per day feed a child. Do the math.
136 children fed for a year.
20 Kids for 7 years.
And I'm sure people do donate to those kids right? And people donate to cancer research. And people donate to this or to that......a donation to any given 'cause does not mean that we shouldn't simply because there are more pressing or "worthwhile" causes. Do you rain on peoples parades when they leave a tip for a waitress that has given good service...."hey buddy....you know how many kids in Africa that ten bucks could feed for a month?"

It's about what moves people from one instant to the next....what's wrong with that? One person actually donated 5000 bucks to this campaign. You'd have the nerve to tell him face to face he should have donated it to something else....something more worthwhile to you. Maybe he has....maybe I have.