Girl kills cousin, 4, while playing with rifle in Detroit

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Girl kills cousin, 4, while playing with rifle in Detroit
Reuters
First posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 11:08 AM EST | Updated: Friday, January 17, 2014 11:19 AM EST
A four-year-old Detroit boy died when his cousin, also four, accidentally shot him while playing with a rifle she found inside a relative's home, police said on Friday.
The children, whose names were not released, were visiting their grandparents' home Thursday afternoon when the four-year-old girl found the gun, Detroit police Officer Nicole Kirkwood said.
The girl was playing with it when she accidentally shot her cousin in the torso, Kirkwood said. The boy was pronounced dead after being taken to a nearby hospital, she said, while the girl was not injured.
The grandparents were not home at the time and had left the children in the care of a family friend, Kirkwood said.
The incident is being investigated, she said.
Girl kills cousin, 4, while playing with rifle in Detroit | World | News | Toronto Sun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What do you expect in America? It's hardly surprising news, is it?

I mean, allowing a four year old child to play with a deadly weapon. Everywhere else in the world that would be considered a very silly and dangerous thing to do. But not in gun mad America.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Not like in good old blighty, eh?

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Until you can proof that that terrorist attack involved letting a four year old child play with a rifle, then I'll just look at your post as being the ludicrous piece of tripe that it is with no cogent argument or any good points in it whatsoever.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Just made a comment employing a (highly) visual aid that illustrates that heinous violence is not restricted to the United States of America.

Then again, it would also be fair to say that a man being hacked to death on a busy street in front of numerous people would never happen in the US

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just made a comment employing a (highly) visual aid that illustrates that heinous violence is not restricted to the United States of America.

Then again, it would also be fair to say that a man being hacked to death on a busy street in front of numerous people would never happen in the US

Since when did this attack involve letting a four year old child play with a rifle? Unlike gun-mad Yankeeland, the British (and most of the rest of the world) don't leave rifles lying about willy-nilly allowing their children to pick them up and play with them.

America has a serious problem with guns (it was only last week that somebody shot a cinema up during some petty row), and trying to divert attention away from that fact by pointing to a terrorist attack in another country in which even the terrorists weren't armed with loaded guns won't help eradicate that problem.

America needs to sort out its gun problem. The whole world can see that, but the mad Yanks can't.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Since when did this attack involve letting a four year old child play with a rifle? Unlike gun-mad Yankeeland, the British (and most of the rest of the world) don't leave rifles lying about willy-nilly allowing their children to pick them up and play with them.

I take it that this is an apology.

I will consider if I am prepared to accept it

America has a serious problem with guns (it was only last week that somebody shot a cinema up during some petty row), and trying to divert attention away from that fact by pointing to a terrorist attack in another country in which even the terrorists weren't armed with loaded guns won't help eradicate that problem.

.. And?

Based on the Rigby incident, is it fair to say that Britain has a meat cleaver problem?.. Terrorist problem?... Or maybe terrorists with cleavers?

America needs to sort out its gun problem. The whole world can see that, but the mad Yanks can't.

Then let them... It's their decision(s).

Inserting perpetually unsolicited comments from abroad only invite critical analysis of your nation's issues

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I take it that this is an apology.

I will consider if I am prepared to accept it

Apologise for what? I'm not to blame for America's gun problem.

Based on the Rigby incident, is it fair to say that Britain has a meat cleaver problem?

No, it isn't. It's fair to say that going on killing sprees with meat cleavers is a very rare occurrence in Britain.

Gun crime, however, ISN'T a very rare occurrence in America. It's a very common occurrence which occurs thousands of times per day.

Inserting perpetually unsolicited comments from abroad only invite critical analysis of your nation's issues

Attacking other nations' "issues" whenever someone CORRECTLY points out the serious probably that trigger-happy Yankeeland has with the gun is just a way of distracting from the serious and psychotic gun problem that the US has (and it is serious and psychotic, as this case of allowing a CHILD to PLAY with a gun shows).

Burying your head in the same and denying - despite the overwhelming evidence that is plain to see the world over - that America has a SERIOUS gun problem, will do nothing to address that problem to try and do something about it.