Iceland Stops Work on a New Highway That Would Destroy Elf Habitats

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A lawsuit that halted a new highway in Iceland was filed on behalf of elves. The road construction project is now being delayed until Iceland's Supreme Court rules on a case from Friends of Lava, a group concerned about destruction to elf and wildlife habitats. Their ideas may not be as bizarre as it first appears.
The proposed highway would cut through the natural lava fields south of Reykjavik, disrupting grass, birds, and... elves. Of especial concern? An elf church in the area. "This elf church is connected by light energy to other churches, other places," Ragnhildur Jónsdóttir, a self-proclaimed Icelandic elf seer, told The Atlantic. "So, if one of them is destroyed, it's, uh, well, it's not a good thing."

More:
Iceland Stops Work on a New Highway That Would Destroy Elf Habitats

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Now in rural Newfoundland there were many and a few that also believed in the little people.
Some are careful where they walk in the forest as they do not want to destroy a ferry ring its
very bad luck and they will take revenge on you.
Long time ago you say? Not really I heard tales of the little people within the last ten years.
What is unreal to you and I is very real to others. Jumpin' Joe Jesus what if they win they
would elf an entire road project

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Now in rural Newfoundland there were many and a few that also believed in the little people.
Some are careful where they walk in the forest as they do not want to destroy a ferry ring its
very bad luck and they will take revenge on you.
Long time ago you say? Not really I heard tales of the little people within the last ten years.
What is unreal to you and I is very real to others. Jumpin' Joe Jesus what if they win they
would elf an entire road project

They drink a lot in Newfoundland now, don't they? ;)

Lol

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They're the ones that you see
When you wake up and scream
They're the ones that'll follow you
Down the boreen
They live in the small ring of trees on the hill
Up at the top of the field

And if ever you see them
Pretend that you're dead or they'll bite off your head
They'll rip out your liver and dance on your neck
They dance on your head and they dance on your chest
They give you the cramp and the colic for jest

Remember this place
It's damp and it's cold
The best place on Earth
But it's dark and it's old
Lay next to the wall
And cover your head
Good night and God bless
Now f*ck off to bed!

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
very bad luck and they will take revenge on you....
It's still like that in rural Ireland, some parts of Scotland & even dear olde Englandstan -people never mess with fairy circles or ancient burial mounds (barrows).

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The best proof for the existence of elves is in the 1866 painting by Malmstrom.

The painting is titled Älvalek. A copy of this painting hung in my parents`home for years. My parents would never have displayed anything other than that of the Realist.

Faerie rings can be found on the Canadian Prairies. Some rings are over a kilometre in diameter. Can you fathom how many faeries and elves it would require to dance out a ring that large?

Assuming average faeries are no larger in wingspan than swallowtail butterflies, estimates posit as many as 400 000.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I am reminded of the poem of the great American poet Lizzie M. Hadley.

The Fairy Rainbow

Two little clouds one summer's day
Went flying through the sky.
They went so fast they bumped their heads,
And both began to cry.

Old Father Sun looked down and said,
"O never mind my dears.
I'll send my little fairy folk
To dry away your tears."

One came dressed in violet,
Another in indigo.
Blue, green, yellow, orange, red;
They made a pretty row.

They dried the cloud tears all away,
And then from out the sky,
Upon a line the sunbeam made,
They hung their gowns to dry.

mystical

thanks Spade, had never seen this before

Art is a reflection of life.

Note to the unbeliever.

Elves and other hidden folk are pre Christian realities.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Note to the unbeliever.

Elves and other hidden folk are pre Christian realities.
And in some places today, in spite of Christianity. Have you ever read about Findhorn? Native American believe in Nature Spirits too. How jaded has civilization become, when magic reaps their spurn.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
“Fairytales don’t tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
“Fairytales don’t tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Right; but, since they are "fairytales", they are by definition, not true. Therefore dragons cannot be killed.

I'm going to start looking under the bed again.

Thanks Chesterton. Thanks a lot.