And Who Exactly is Against the Pipeline?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I have said before the Northern Gateway Pipeline I am opposed to
the reason the company is as shabby as the railroad
Kinder Morgan I am not opposed to
Instead of getting all worked up about rail lines and pipelines we
should be demanding an inquiry into the safety of rail traffic .
Their safety standards and upkeep is lousy. If the rail was in good
order there would not be these serious breaches of safety

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm not opposed to the pipeline, but I am opposed to what is starting to seem like a conspiratorial spike in train derailments since the pipeline started being pushed.

Wow, I'm really showing off my tinfoil hat today.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not opposed to the pipeline, but I am opposed to what is starting to seem like a conspiratorial spike in train derailments since the pipeline started being pushed.

Wow, I'm really showing off my tinfoil hat today.

Is the "spike" in the derailments or is it in the reporting of incidents since Megantic?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's not a conspiracy.

There has been a spike in rail development and use, so we're getting more incidents.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Railways are running at capacity and, just like highways, the more they get used the more incidents there will be.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have said before the Northern Gateway Pipeline I am opposed to
the reason the company is as shabby as the railroad
Kinder Morgan I am not opposed to
Instead of getting all worked up about rail lines and pipelines we
should be demanding an inquiry into the safety of rail traffic .
Their safety standards and upkeep is lousy. If the rail was in good
order there would not be these serious breaches of safety
You still haven't looked into who they purchased and when? You really need to learn more about Enbridge on your own without greenie weenie media influence.

It's not a conspiracy.

There has been a spike in rail development and use, so we're getting more incidents.
You can thank the anti-pipeline crowd (which would be you) for the rail incidents. Are ya happy?

The oil trains are getting as long as if not longer than the grain trains.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The Northern pipeline is opposed by most because of its location, running through pristine wilderness. The environmental impacts and the impacts on the lifestyle of the aboriginal people is all negative. There is not enough pristine wilderness left as it is. Use existing industrial corridors. But.... money, money, money... that is all anybody can think about, that and how much mindless consumerism it will allow them to indulge in.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pristine? Yeah f.cking right.

Are you opposed to the NG pipelines and LNG tankers?

What about bulkers carrying yellowcake, sulfur or potash?

Are you opposed to the bauxite bulkers going in and out of Kitimat?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I'm not opposed to a pipeline in theory. However, if there is opne I want top-notch oversight by the company and the government, especially with respect to the tankers. The reason I'm opposed to this particular pipeline is because both the government adn the company are trying to greenwash the whole thing, running commcericals of BC wilderness and their boundless commitment to the BC environemnt rather than doing much substantive about it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The tankers aren't Canadian.

Canadian wilderness? The same one that is contaminated by sodium fluoride from decades of aluminum smelting?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
The tankers aren't Canadian.

Thye are in Canadian waters. Part of the problem is the government of Canada deferes to IMO regulation. In the US, they have their own regulations because they found the IMO (an industry-run group) to be insufficient.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thye are in Canadian waters. Part of the problem is the government of Canada deferes to IMO regulation. In the US, they have their own regulations because they found the IMO (an industry-run group) to be insufficient.
Do you think there will be different tankers coming to Canada than the US?