stunt biker seriously injured in Hamilton show

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
B.C. stunt biker seriously injured in Hamilton show - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton A dirt bike stunt performer was seriously injured after he crashed during an attempted record-setting stunt at Copps Colliseum in Hamilton Friday night.
Bruce Cook, 26, was attempting to set a world record for the first ever double front flip on a dirt bike but crashed into the landing ramp, as seen in multiple witness videos, causing, what paramedics described, as a "serious trauma. "
Paramedics were called to the scene around 10 p.m. Friday and immobilized Cook before transporting him to Hamilton General Hospital where the trauma team was waiting, according to Carmen D'Angelo, manager of the Hamilton Paramedic Service.
"There was some type of first response on scene. We weren't notified of the event beforehand, we were called in via 911," D'Angelo explained.
On Cook's Facebook page Saturday, the Kelowna, B.C. native posted a photo of himself in a hospital bed explaining he had just undergone three hours of back surgery.
"This morning I underwent 3 hours of surgery on my back and I'll likely be in hospital in Ontario for the remainder of the week at which time I will transfer to BC," Cook wrote.
"My mom and dad are here with me and helping keep spirits high. I've got this!"
Multiple videos of the crash have circulated online from fans who were attending the event, a motocross show called Nitro Circus: Live. The show's twitter account confirmed Cook's crash, stating he underwent surgery "and it went well."

I really have absolutely no pity for this person. The burden he is going to put on the health care system throughout his life.
Simply because of a stupid stunt and in need for his 15 minutes of celebrity is infuriating.