Ford to run in October.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Ford throws hat in ring for October election. That’s what I like to see, a man who can brush himself off and get back on his feet after adversity. That is the sign of a real man!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Ford throws hat in ring for October election. That’s what I like to see, a man who can brush himself off and get back on his feet after adversity. That is the sign of a real man!

Lol, adversity? I don't think that I have ever heard people say that getting caught doing bad things is called "adversity".

The guy is his own worst enemy and he has refused to get any help for that. This campaign might literally kill him.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lol, adversity? I don't think that I have ever heard people say that getting caught doing bad things is called "adversity".

The guy is his own worst enemy and he has refused to get any help for that. This campaign might literally kill him.

He may think he can reorganize and recoup on his own. That’s what tough guys can do! I learned early in life never to under estimate a man. You can end up looking like a fool! -:)

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
He may think he can reorganize and recoup on his own. That’s what tough guys can do! I learned early in life never to under estimate a man. You can end up looking like a fool! -:)

There is a difference between toughness and stubbornness.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I will laugh when he gets re-elected.

One question, does the city counselors little power grab expire with the next democratically elected mayor or is the Toronto Mayor forever crippled?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Ford might be tougher than you think, anyway he has the right attitude! Remember what Old Yogi said..........."It ain't over until it's over".

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I think John Tory will be the game changer here. People want fiscal responsibility, with Ford they got that, but his personal life (train wreck that it is) has empowered the people who have been trying to undermine that mandate since his election. With Tory, if he's elected, they won't have that option.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Many people under estimate Ford, I think. Could be a huge mistake, depending on your point of view!
Well this is great news I will be entertained for at least a week by Born Ruff on this thread is my prediction .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think John Tory will be the game changer here. People want fiscal responsibility, with Ford they got that, but his personal life (train wreck that it is) has empowered the people who have been trying to undermine that mandate since his election. With Tory, if he's elected, they won't have that option.

If Tory enters, he and Ford will split the right thinking votes and some tax-and-spend Leftard will win.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Ford might be tougher than you think, anyway he has the right attitude! Remember what Old Yogi said..........."It ain't over until it's over".

Lol, what attitude is that? "My daddy was rich so I can do what I want!"

Reasonable people can disagree over his politics, but I don't think anyone with a head on their shoulders would speak highly of his attitude over the past few months.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Tory won't run. He has poor political instincts and his handlers will not let him be a 3-time loser.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012

If he gets any fatter that might kill him , too much to eat at home obviously.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
What a man LOL

I would hope the people of Toronto are smart enough not to reelect a delusional drug smoking psychopath.

But then again I could be wrong