Congratulations, Rob Ford!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis, keeping his constituents up-to-date and taking flak from all sides and not shirking his duty.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis...

Crisis? When did storms become crisis'. Oh, btw it's Rob's jurisdiction. Of course he the guy in from to the camera. He's supposed to be. Has Rob now sunk so low that he's now getting kudos for simply doing what he is supposed to do?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Oh, btw it's Rob's jurisdiction. Of course he the guy in from to the camera. He's supposed to be. Has Rob now sunk so low that he's now getting kudos for simply doing what he is supposed to do?
Becuz most pols don't do what they are supposed to do.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis, keeping his constituents up-to-date and taking flak from all sides and not shirking his duty.

Lol, the guy now gets credit for self promotion?

Other politicians were busy actually organizing the response and ensuring that resources were available on top of communicating with the media daily. Ford just played with his buddies the media.

For all of your praise, can you explain what he actually did to help?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yup.

It's obvious now that Walter's other thread was a setup for this one.

Too predictable.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Other politicians were busy actually organizing the response and ensuring that resources were available

That is done before the response is needed. Politicians, if they have done their job properly need not even be around when a "crisis" occurs. I was the Director of Disaster Services in the town I use to live in. I developed a plan and all that was required was a majority of council to activate it in the event of an emergency. The person that is designated to talk to the media does not have to be the mayor. During the floods in Medicine Hat this year Ron Robinson, the city's Fire Chief, was the media liaison. Only people unfamiliar with the process would give a politician credit for speaking to the media.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
That is done before the response is needed. Politicians, if they have done their job properly need not even be around when a "crisis" occurs. I was the Director of Disaster Services in the town I use to live in. I developed a plan and all that was required was a majority of council to activate it in the event of an emergency. The person that is designated to talk to the media does not have to be the mayor. During the floods in Medicine Hat this year Ron Robinson, the city's Fire Chief, was the media liaison. Only people unfamiliar with the process would give a politician credit for speaking to the media.

Unfortunately, in Toronto that power rests with Rob Ford and he refused to make that call, so people like Norm Kelly and Kathleen Wynn had to step in to work around Ford.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Unfortunately, in Toronto that power rests with Rob Ford and he refused to make that call, so people like Norm Kelly and Kathleen Wynn had to step in to work around Ford.
Norm Kelly went to FL.

Imagine what would have been said had Ford disappeared for the last two weeks. Your argument is weak.