Congratulations, Rob Ford!


Walter
+1 / -2
#1
Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis, keeping his constituents up-to-date and taking flak from all sides and not shirking his duty.
 
taxslave
+1
#2
Just another day in the life of Ford.
 
Walter
-2
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Just another day in the life of Ford.

Got that right.
 
Cannuck
+4 / -1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis...

Crisis? When did storms become crisis'. Oh, btw it's Rob's jurisdiction. Of course he the guy in from to the camera. He's supposed to be. Has Rob now sunk so low that he's now getting kudos for simply doing what he is supposed to do?
 
Goober
+1 / -1
#5
Wack of Reds for such a short Thread.
 
Walter
+3 / -2
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Oh, btw it's Rob's jurisdiction. Of course he the guy in from to the camera. He's supposed to be. Has Rob now sunk so low that he's now getting kudos for simply doing what he is supposed to do?

Becuz most pols don't do what they are supposed to do.
 
Cannuck
+4
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Becuz most pols don't do what they are supposed to do.

A thousand pardons. I was unaware you knew most politicians. You must really get around.
 
Goober
+3 / -1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Wack of Reds for such a short Thread.

Well I guessed correctly.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

A thousand pardons. I was unaware you knew most politicians. You must really get around.

Not what he stated. Perhaps I could explain it for ya.
 
Walter
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well I guessed correctly.

You remind me of my clairvoyant who said she knew I would call when she picked up.
 
Goober
+3 / -1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

You remind me of my clairvoyant who said she knew I would call when she picked up.

Oh Walter, thanks for the belly laugh.
 
Cannuck
-1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Not what he stated. Perhaps I could explain it for ya.

You should run along now Goobs. This thread is already over your head....but thanks for coming. I do appreciate the effort
 
Goober
+2 / -1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You should run along now Goobs. This thread is already over your head....but thanks for coming. I do appreciate the effort

Oh I see your thanks-

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Oh Walter, thanks for the belly laugh.

Guess having a laugh is upsetting to you.
 
BornRuff
+2
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Only pol to be in front of the cameras each day of the ice-storm crisis, keeping his constituents up-to-date and taking flak from all sides and not shirking his duty.

Lol, the guy now gets credit for self promotion?

Other politicians were busy actually organizing the response and ensuring that resources were available on top of communicating with the media daily. Ford just played with his buddies the media.

For all of your praise, can you explain what he actually did to help?
 
mentalfloss
+1
#14
Yup.

It's obvious now that Walter's other thread was a setup for this one.

Too predictable.
 
Walter
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Yup.

It's obvious now that Walter's other thread was a setup for this one.

Too predictable.

I've started many threads, which one in particular are you referring to, Thinskin?
 
Cannuck
+1 / -1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post


Other politicians were busy actually organizing the response and ensuring that resources were available

That is done before the response is needed. Politicians, if they have done their job properly need not even be around when a "crisis" occurs. I was the Director of Disaster Services in the town I use to live in. I developed a plan and all that was required was a majority of council to activate it in the event of an emergency. The person that is designated to talk to the media does not have to be the mayor. During the floods in Medicine Hat this year Ron Robinson, the city's Fire Chief, was the media liaison. Only people unfamiliar with the process would give a politician credit for speaking to the media.
 
relic
+2
#17
Cannuck,you should watch out you don't dislocate your shoulder being so humble.
 
BornRuff
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

That is done before the response is needed. Politicians, if they have done their job properly need not even be around when a "crisis" occurs. I was the Director of Disaster Services in the town I use to live in. I developed a plan and all that was required was a majority of council to activate it in the event of an emergency. The person that is designated to talk to the media does not have to be the mayor. During the floods in Medicine Hat this year Ron Robinson, the city's Fire Chief, was the media liaison. Only people unfamiliar with the process would give a politician credit for speaking to the media.

Unfortunately, in Toronto that power rests with Rob Ford and he refused to make that call, so people like Norm Kelly and Kathleen Wynn had to step in to work around Ford.
 
Walter
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Unfortunately, in Toronto that power rests with Rob Ford and he refused to make that call, so people like Norm Kelly and Kathleen Wynn had to step in to work around Ford.

Norm Kelly went to FL.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

That is done before the response is needed. Politicians, if they have done their job properly need not even be around when a "crisis" occurs. I was the Director of Disaster Services in the town I use to live in. I developed a plan and all that was required was a majority of council to activate it in the event of an emergency. The person that is designated to talk to the media does not have to be the mayor. During the floods in Medicine Hat this year Ron Robinson, the city's Fire Chief, was the media liaison. Only people unfamiliar with the process would give a politician credit for speaking to the media.

Imagine what would have been said had Ford disappeared for the last two weeks. Your argument is weak.
 
BornRuff
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Norm Kelly went to FL.

And he still did infinitely more for Torontonians than Ford did.

Kelly certainly isn't my guy, but if you hear his reasoning for his short trip, I think most of us can accept that.
 
Walter
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

And he still did infinitely more for Torontonians than Ford did.

Kelly certainly isn't my guy, but if you hear his reasoning for his short trip, I think most of us can accept that.

What specifically did he do besides go to FL?
 
taxslave
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

What specifically did he do besides go to FL?

According to him he answered his Emails. While Ford was there talking to the right people and going around the city. Don't expect the leftys to understand the difference.
 
lone wolf
+5
#23  Top Rated Post
Talking is certainly one of those things Ford does....
 
taxslave
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Talking is certainly one of those things Ford does....

Important for a politician. There is no such thing as bad press in their minds.
 
BornRuff
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

What specifically did he do besides go to FL?

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

According to him he answered his Emails. While Ford was there talking to the right people and going around the city. Don't expect the leftys to understand the difference.

He worked with the province to bring in all of the additional resources that we needed to respond to the emergency, and coordinated the response.

Ford never actually talked to anyone from the province, so it is hard to say he was talking to any of the right people.
 
taxslave
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

He worked with the province to bring in all of the additional resources that we needed to respond to the emergency, and coordinated the response.

Ford never actually talked to anyone from the province, so it is hard to say he was talking to any of the right people.

And you know that by tapping his phone?
 
petros
+2
#27
Next year when winter happens again, all of southern ON should either head south or jump off a bridge.
 
Christianna
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Crisis? When did storms become crisis'. Oh, btw it's Rob's jurisdiction. Of course he the guy in from to the camera. He's supposed to be. Has Rob now sunk so low that he's now getting kudos for simply doing what he is supposed to do?

Exactly he is the friggin mayor so he should be acting like the mayor.
Quote:

may·or(mr, mâr)n.The head of government of a city, town, borough, or municipal corporation.

 
petros
+1
#29
Act like one or be one?
 
DaSleeper
#30
So many experts to pick from on the internet.....................................


 

Similar Threads

34
Congratulations Earth Capitalism is Dead
by darkbeaver | Sep 22nd, 2008
5
Congratulations World
by darkbeaver | Mar 9th, 2006
no new posts