U.K. surgeon accused of branding patient's liver


spaminator
#1
U.K. surgeon accused of branding patient's liver
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:30 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:38 AM EST
A British doctor has been suspended for allegedly branding his initials on a patient's liver.
The surgeon worked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, located in central England, the BBC reported Tuesday.
The doctor's initials were reportedly found by a colleague during another operation.
The doctor has been identified in British media reports as 48-year-old Simon Bramhall. His website says Bramhall has been a consultant surgeon at the hospital since 2002.
"I am hoping this is just a mistake, I don't know what would possess someone to do that to another human being," an inside source told the Telegraph newspaper.
Experts told the newspaper the branding may have been done using a beam of argon gas, which would leave a superficial burn and would not be harmful to the organ.
U.K. surgeon accused of branding patient's liver | World | News | Toronto Sun
 
SLM
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

U.K. surgeon accused of branding patient's liver
QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:30 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:38 AM EST
A British doctor has been suspended for allegedly branding his initials on a patient's liver.
The surgeon worked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, located in central England, the BBC reported Tuesday.
The doctor's initials were reportedly found by a colleague during another operation.
The doctor has been identified in British media reports as 48-year-old Simon Bramhall. His website says Bramhall has been a consultant surgeon at the hospital since 2002.
"I am hoping this is just a mistake, I don't know what would possess someone to do that to another human being," an inside source told the Telegraph newspaper.
Experts told the newspaper the branding may have been done using a beam of argon...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Quote:

A British doctor has been suspended for allegedly branding his initials on a patient's liver.

What kind of narcissists have the British become?
 
Cliffy
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

What kind of narcissists have the British become?

After all these years of Blackhead's posts, you need to ask?
 
SLM
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

After all these years of Blackhead's posts, you need to ask?

I was hoping it was just him and not so pervasive throughout the nation.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#5
Pride in craftmanship.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

What kind of narcissists have the British become?

There are some good Brits out there! There is a Member here that is actually a pretty good guy (and British).
 
SLM
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

There are some good Brits out there! There is a Member here that is actually a pretty good guy (and British).

I know there are, my mother in law is British and she's a sweetheart.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I know there are, my mother in law is British and she's a sweetheart.

She's one of those tart candies found wrapped together with several others?
 
SLM
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

She's one of those tart candies found wrapped together with several others?

Lol. No. She's a lovely person.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Lol. No. She's a lovely person.

I'm sure she is. Of course, if we find out that one of your organs have been branded we may have to change that assessment.
 
SLM
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

I'm sure she is. Of course, if we find out that one of your organs have been branded we may have to change that assessment.

Rather doubtful, lol. She rarely comes at me with sharp instruments.
 
karrie
+2
#12  Top Rated Post
As fun as it is to tease BL about Brits and their insane egos, I recall a story about an American doctor who carved his initials in a woman's uterus.
 
shadowshiv
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Rather doubtful, lol. She rarely comes at me with sharp instruments.

Unlike me, where all you have to worry about is my sharp wit.
 
Cliffy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

As fun as it is to tease BL about Brits and their insane egos, I recall a story about an American doctor who carved his initials in a woman's uterus.

... with a dull instrument?
 
shadowshiv
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

As fun as it is to tease BL about Brits and their insane egos, I recall a story about an American doctor who carved his initials in a woman's uterus.

Geez! I hope he ended up in jail for that!
 
karrie
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Geez! I hope he ended up in jail for that!

I'm not sure, I just remember when it hit the media.
 
shadowshiv
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm not sure, I just remember when it hit the media.

There are a lot of kooky doctors out there!
 
SLM
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

As fun as it is to tease BL about Brits and their insane egos, I recall a story about an American doctor who carved his initials in a woman's uterus.

Doctor's and their egos. God complexes.

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Unlike me, where all you have to worry about is my sharp wit.

Ouch!
 

Similar Threads

25
Branding Sea Lions-Justice Served at Last!
by bill barilko | Mar 26th, 2013
8
Ottawa comedian's kidneys, liver shut down
by Locutus | May 15th, 2012
19
Re-branding oppression
by CHUCKMAN | Dec 1st, 2008
3
Branding, Spin and Framing
by Reverend Blair | Apr 29th, 2005
no new posts