Good news- anybody got any?

Goober
+2

taxslave
+6
snow is gone. Days are getting longer Neither wife or girlfriend are pregnant. How much good news do you want in one day?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

snow is gone. Days are getting longer Neither wife or girlfriend are pregnant. How much good news do you want in one day?

Well clearly they do not know about the other girfriend. That is good news is it not?

gerryh
+7
2 more days and it's my wife and I 25th anniversary.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Congrats!

Goober
+1

Congratulations and best wishes.

taxslave
+2

Congratulations. Must be one patient woman.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Congratulations. Must be one patient woman.

LOL... yup...still haven't figured out why she has kept me around for this long.

taxslave

LOL... yup...still haven't figured out why she has kept me around for this long.

Masochistic tendencies??? LOL

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

In three days this shopping frenzy and all the rip offs associated with it will be over for another year. The town is like Bedlam at 10 A.M. on Sunday.

Sal
+2

power is back on in my area....got coffee...life is grand

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

power is back on in my area....got coffee...life is grand

Yes, it is, Sal. Looking forward to seeing more of your wisdom, sagacity and common sense. Don't over indulge during the holidays. LOL

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Yes, it is, Sal. Looking forward to seeing more of your wisdom, sagacity and common sense. Don't over indulge during the holidays. LOL

I've been over indulging for weeks now... I have never seen so much food in a work place in my life...we have a chef program and they have to practice... ...I am hoping they let us stay home tomorrow...but it isn't likely so there will be more food.

Tonington
+10
#14  Top Rated Post
Last week my promotion was approved by the big cheeses in corporate. I was interviewed internally a few months ago, but then there was a head count freeze while we try to return more money at the end of the year to the business. New job starting 01Jan2014, no more on-call, and another double digit raise. Pretty nice Christmas present!

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Last week my promotion was approved by the big cheeses in corporate. I was interviewed internally a few months ago, but then there was a head count freeze while we try to return more money at the end of the year to the business. New job starting 01Jan2014, no more on-call, and another double digit raise. Pretty nice Christmas present!

Congratulations, Ton, keep up the good work!

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Congratulations, Ton, keep up the good work!

Thanks, and you bet.

Sal
+2

Exciting, congratulations...that is wonderful news ♦

Tonington
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

Exciting, congratulations...that is wonderful news ♦

Definitely. Already have big assignments for next year. We've been spending a lot of money running trials at third party organizations. One of my objectives is to develop an in-house model that will save us roughly $150,000-200,000 from our spend.

Sal

Definitely. Already have big assignments for next year. We've been spending a lot of money running trials at third party organizations. One of my objectives is to develop an in-house model that will save us roughly $150,000-200,000 from our spend.

wow, that's a huge save, huge...always looks good on the resume for any upcoming possibilities down the road not to mentions possible bonuses...companies love to see savings figures

SLM

That's awesome, good for you!

MHz
After 3 1/2 months I finally found that if you live in a house with a defective sewer system for 14 years then you don't see a General Practice Doctor as they know nothing about anything to do with exposure to toxic gasses and all they should do is refer you to an 'occupational hygienist'. The better news will be the results of that assessment.

Sounds like bad news for the ones that are lowest on the totem pole.

gopher

Brainwrap: Week 12 Obamacare enrollments - including Medicaid Expansion - now exceeds 5.2 million

Pulling together numbers on Obamacare enrollments is a complicated business because of different sources and different methodologies and different definitions of 'enrollment'. Actual enrollment into an insurance plan doesn't happen until the first premium is paid and given that benefits wouldn't start until January 1st 2014 there is little incentive to pay before December 15th. The enrollment numbers of people who have completed all of the steps, including paying the first premium, won't be available until January and have to come from the insurance companies themselves.

The most consistent, careful and trustworthy compilation of people that have gone through the process and qualified for enrollment appears to be done by a blogger by the name of Brainwrap.

He/she has been posting a weekly update and has links to each states numbers.

It is possible that there is some duplication of numbers but it is certain that many of the numbers haven't been updated during the time when people going through the improved website has undergone significant increase in volume.

His latest numbers:

Private Enrollments 1,389,000

Medicaid Expansion/SCHIP 3,888,000

Total 5,277,000

His spreadsheet with links to his source material here:

Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) Health Insurance Signup Chart

American lives to be saved under ACA/Obamacare.

Right wingers hate it, but it's very good news!

spaminator

perhaps the extra money could be used to upgrade the board software?

shadowshiv
+1

Your cuddly disposition.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Your cuddly disposition.

You mean like a barracuda. - - -

55Mercury
+1
just for you, Goob.

cuz you all but begged for it

A Little Good News-Ann Murray Original 1983 Video - YouTube

Blackleaf

I've got some good news. As Noddy Holder said in 1973: "IIIIIIITS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!"

Christianna
+3
Well at aged 74 I woke up this morning (albeit a tad early),thats good news to me. All is well within my family and friends, that is good news to me too. Next best news is that I do not have to go near a store until after Xmas!

petros
+2
It's another gorgeous sunrise this morning. Best part is all the houses guest are sleeping in.

SLM
+5
Update: Thanks to generous supporters, Cecil Williams will keep his heroic dog

Yesterday, we shared the story of Cecil Williams, a blind man whose guide dog, Orlando, saved his life after he fell onto New York City subway tracks.
Williams told the Associated Press that Orlando would soon be retiring — and that his insurance wouldn't cover the costs of caring for a retired dog. He'd have to find his dog a loving home.
Compassionate readers rallied together to make sure that Williams and Orlando don't have to be separated.
Guiding Eyes for the Blind, the organization that trained Orlando, set up a fund to help Williams keep his dog. Enough donations poured in to ensure Williams could keep his "best buddy."

According to the Village Voice, "At a press conference yesterday, Williams announced a Guiding Eyes donor had pledged enough money through to cover Orlando's expenses for the rest of his life."
"As of right now," Williams is planning to keep Orlando, said Michelle Brier, spokeswoman for Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
Additionally, a good Samaritan set up an Indiegogo page for the lucky duo. So far, more than $67,000 has been raised. On GoFundMe, another $39,000 has been pledged.
Williams called the outpouring of support a "miracle."
"The spirit of giving, Christmas…exists in New York," a tearful Williams told the Associated Press from his hospital room.

"I'm not a crybaby or nothing. But my eyes are misty and I'm tearing right now because things like this here don't happen for everybody," Williams said. "They should happen. We should care about one another. We should do for one another. But it's not always that way."
Williams hopes the public will also support other disabled individuals in need of guide dogs. Guiding Eyes for the Blind will forward any leftover donations to do just that, as will the GoFundMe campaign.
If Williams finds himself unable to care for both his retired dog and a new guide dog, the family that raised Orlando is willing to welcome the dog back into their home.

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Pretty good news I'd say.