Ford cause of slight spat on Parliament Hill!

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I am surprised that someone in his position would still want to defend Ford.

Also, he represents Whitby-Oshawa, far outside Ford's reign of error.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
JLM good line I liked it. The Finance Minister is not doing himself any favours
family friend or not. He could have at least called for Ford as a friend to step
aside and let the city heal if it can.
Wallen and Duffy should go holiday somewhere far away and not return.
Ford should crawl back under the rock he crawled out from.
The real reason methinks is because Jason is warming up for a run at the PM's
job that will be vacant before the next election.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
TV news said: family friend....

Yup, we know that is true, but the extent that people will put there own professional reputation on the line for family friends usually has a limit.

He doesn't have to publicly chastise him, but he can't be all that surprised that others will do so to some degree based on the sheer volume of disgraceful behavior.

Having publicly supported those two though, you might think that nobody would be more pissed off at their current behavior than Flaherty. I know I would be furious if someone I had supported was conducting himself as Ford has.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I believe there is already a thread about this issue.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/120790-how-many-divisions-do-tories.html

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yup, we know that is true, but the extent that people will put there own professional reputation on the line for family friends usually has a limit.

He doesn't have to publicly chastise him, but he can't be all that surprised that others will do so to some degree based on the sheer volume of disgraceful behavior.

Having publicly supported those two though, you might think that nobody would be more pissed off at their current behavior than Flaherty. I know I would be furious if someone I had supported was conducting himself as Ford has.

Friends, the true ones are there when times are the toughest.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Friends, the true ones are there when times are the toughest.

A true friend wouldn't show such little regard for the people who put themselves out there to help him get where he is today.

I am not so much talking about just the stuff from the police report, but everything after that. Running around council chambers like it is a WWF event. Doing a tabloid media tour to prolong the negative attention. Refusing to step aside for at least a brief period or get the help that everyone so clearly knows he needs.