Mayor Ford- With all the crap going on in Ontario- a Billion for the gas plants, and?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
With all the crap going on in Ontario- a Billion for the gas plants, a Mayor facing charges - a possible tax increase for Transit- 200 plus Mil for Cisco and on and on..........................
Why is Ford the Number 1 target for the Star and others.

So an open discussion on all that is crap in Ontario and why is Ford is the Number 1 news story in Ontario.
Vendetta or Journalism at a new low?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Because he's fat, uncouth, and his addictions and flaws are apparent to the world. That makes him an easy target, and more importantly, it makes readers feel superior.

Feeling like your politicians are ****ing up is one thing, but, we're still conditioned to think that even a crappy politician is socially above us. So, we get mad, but we shrug it off as a society because, well, they're still better than us. Newspapers know this. They know we won't keep buying to read the tales of politicians not being good at their jobs. We don't wallow in people who are above us making mistakes, in fact, the opposite is true, we tend to shy away from it a bit.

Ford however, has knocked himself so far out of the realm of 'politician', that he is now wallowing somewhere around 'used car salesman'. People feel above him. They will spend their time emotionally stroking themselves over how much better they are than him. He may as well be right alongside Miley Cyrus.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Come to think of it most of the other problems facing Ontario are caused by those left of Mayor Ford. Deflection perhaps?

From the Green Plan that will raise elec costs as predicted about 8 years ago or more, to a new high. Reports were made and the Left wing ignored it. Why?
The gas plant cancellation- It would have failed at the review level- but the Libs wanted to win.
The mayor that is facing charges. A former Liberal.Fuk me he is still a Liberal-
Tax increases are coming in the Prov.
But Ford is the story.
Why?
Why are his numbers holding?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ford however, has knocked himself so far out of the realm of 'politician', that he is now wallowing somewhere around 'used car salesman'. People feel above him. They will spend their time emotionally stroking themselves over how much better they are than him. He may as well be right alongside Miley Cyrus.

I'm waiting for Rob Ford Towing on cable.

sometimes I think banana case might be more appropriate.

Either way, it's screwed.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Isn't it obvious? It's because he responds exactly how they want him to. You could say he's being trolled, and he responds in kind. That's what sells advertisements in media today. I especially love the concern trolling from Black. Hilarious.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Isn't it obvious? It's because he responds exactly how they want him to. You could say he's being trolled, and he responds in kind. That's what sells advertisements in media today. I especially love the concern trolling from Black. Hilarious.

It is and they go right along. But the star was out for Ford from day 1.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
With all the crap going on in Ontario- a Billion for the gas plants, a Mayor facing charges - a possible tax increase for Transit- 200 plus Mil for Cisco and on and on..........................
Why is Ford the Number 1 target for the Star and others.

So an open discussion on all that is crap in Ontario and why is Ford is the Number 1 news story in Ontario.
Vendetta or Journalism at a new low?
neither....

why....mindless diversion... he is in your face fuked up... rich, bright, privileged, had it all, p issed it away and messed up beyond all known reason...he is bigger than life, looks like he could stroke out at any second, yet he keeps going like the Ever Ready bunny

I hope he regroups and cleans himself up or the laughs will fade and we will watch a comedy become a tragedy if it hasn't already

sometimes there is no return from the abyss

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
neither....

why....mindless diversion... he is in your face fuked up... rich, bright, privileged, had it all, p issed it away and messed up beyond all known reason...he is bigger than life, looks like he could stroke out at any second, yet he keeps going like the Ever Ready bunny

I hope he regroups and cleans himself up or the laughs will fade and we will watch a comedy become a tragedy if it hasn't already

Are more important stories going on- Corruption at the prov (gas plants) and a local mayor- Not often in the news are they?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Are more important stories going on- Corruption at the prov (gas plants) and a local mayor- Not often in the news are they?
nope, people have too much going on in their lives, they don't want to deal with reality, it is too painful, we are too powerless...in reality how this unfolds in TO will affect most people in a zero,minimalistic kind of way...they don't care if big Rob implodes... their life goes on...the other stuff will affect "us"

it's like viewing a rock star ... everything's at a distance...little emotion or investment other than a momentary "ping" on their radar

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
nope, people have too much going on in their lives, they don't want to deal with reality, it is too painful, we are too powerless...in reality how this unfolds in TO will affect most people in a zero,minimalistic kind of way...they don't care if big Rob implodes... their life goes on...the other stuff will affect "us"

it's like viewing a rock star ... everything's at a distance...little emotion or investment other than a momentary "ping" on their radar
So what is important they ignore due to time evaluation.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ford is a boastful addict and god knows what else. He is an outrageous role model
for children and cavorts about with the most questionable people in Toronto at the
cities expense. In addition he has considerable support from people with as big a
problem with questionable ethics as he does.
You can save the world from god knows what but if you are an idiot people still see
you as an idiot. The world sees this man as a buffoon and a nut case an addicts
and a fool. The problem is many in Toronto don't him in the same light. It leads me
to believe all the outrageous things people have said about Toronto might in fact be
true. Everyone gets fifteen minutes of fame Ford has had an hour and still insists
there might be someone out there that doesn't know he's crazy and by god he is going
to tell them. Why wouldn't the paper help spread the story of a man with no class
I would be surprised if they didn't.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So what is important they ignore due to time evaluation.
I think goob they just ignore what they can't not change and focus on things which are directly in their path

and let things like Ford entertain them