Drone mistakenly kills 15 on way to a wedding


spaminator
#1
Drone mistakenly kills 15 on way to a wedding
Reuters
First posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 06:18 PM EST | Updated: Thursday, December 12, 2013 06:26 PM EST
SANAA - Fifteen people on their way to a wedding in Yemen were killed in an air strike after their party was mistaken for an al-Qaida convoy, local security officials said on Thursday.
The officials did not identify the plane in the strike in central al-Bayda province, but tribal and local media sources said that it was a drone.
"An air strike missed its target and hit a wedding car convoy, ten people were killed immediately and another five who were injured died after being admitted to the hospital," one security official said.
Five more people were injured, the officials said.
The United States has stepped up drone strikes as part of a campaign against Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), regarded by Washington as the most active wing of the militant network.
Yemen, AQAP's main stronghold, is among a handful of countries where the United States acknowledges using drones, although it does not comment on the practice.
Human Rights Watch said in a detailed report in August that U.S. missile strikes, including armed drone attacks, have killed dozens of civilians in Yemen.
Stabilising the country, which is also struggling with southern separatists and northern rebels, is an international priority due to fears of disorder in a state that flanks top oil producer Saudi Arabia and major shipping lanes.
On Monday, missiles fired from a U.S. drone killed at least three people travelling in a car in eastern Yemen.
Drone mistakenly kills 15 on way to a wedding | World | News | Toronto Sun
 
Cliffy
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Another wedding party. Interesting. Ow well, just more collateral damage...
 
Walter
+3 / -2
#3
Saved an eight year old from a fate worse than death.
 
EagleSmack
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Another wedding party. Interesting. Ow well, just more collateral damage...

Yup... yet another "wedding party"! One wedding party after another.

 
petros
#5
Which al Qaeda are they attacking? Good al Qaeda or bad al Qaeda?
 
EagleSmack
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Which al Qaeda are they attacking? Good al Qaeda or bad al Qaeda?

This would be bad Al Queda Petros.
 
petros
#7
As long as they aren't firing missiles at good al Qaeda it's all good.
 
MHz
+2 / -1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Saved an eight year old from a fate worse than death.

At least you removed all doubts about you being a full ****tard, in spades. The rest are about 20 ft behind you if they believe it was a mistake. Until they got to a wedding they had no idea where they were goin, the new trend is to target any group that reaches 12 or so.

Walter it's a good thing you weren't part of the exodus wars as you most likely believe rapes took place then (rather than they grew up as children and then got married and then lost their virginity). How many would you have raped for God and Country Walter?
 
EagleSmack
#9
^
 
petros
#10
I'm confused. What makes southern Yemenites a threat to America?
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

This would be bad Al Queda Petros.

When you guys are pulling names out of the big jar for the next terrorist group did it not occur to you that the name may have been submitted more that once and just because it came up again doesn't mean you can't pick again. Of course had it worked out they could have become the Mujahideen of the USSR era when they started life as the ones throwing acid in the faces of women who did not hide them in public, you know the ones your forked tongue says are the bad guys and they are because behind the scenes that is just what you give them a lot of taxpayer cash to do just that. Looks like history in this case as they won't win against Russia so Syria escapes and the dominos cease to fall so history has to record them as being 'bad'.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I'm confused. What makes southern Yemenites a threat to America?

They won't but the $45B in arms that they need to defend themselves .

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

^

Nice to see your child having a happy day for a change, .... just sayin .......
 
petros
#12
If the Eurasians joined the USSR they'd have been better off as Bolsheviks?
 
MHz
#13
Their economy crashed because they tried to arm an offensive Military that never used anything that was produced. Defensive measures are cheaper and at some point it is considered to be 'fully prepared' and then the money can be diverted to the social parts of society and that gains you nothing but hard-core patriots who can drive drones from any location in Siberia rather than grouping up for any possible drone strike ( or bigger). Europe would roll over to operate under their 'umbrella' if Russia has such desires, she doesn't, she already know the bigger you are the harder the fall is. Military goods aren't the only merchandise that people want and without a large military budget there is lots of 'free money'.
 
petros
#14
The USSR dumped $Billions into A-Stan to modernize it then destroyed it all when they exited. Would they (A-Stan) have been better off without Western nations pumping money into the Mujahedeen and going Bolshevik?
 
EagleSmack
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post


Nice to see your child having a happy day for a change, .... just sayin .......

That was supposed to be you... I knew you'd have trouble with that.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Looks like history in this case as they won't win against Russia so Syria escapes and the dominos cease to fall so history has to record them as being 'bad'.

.

Oooooo... Syria.... wow what a bloody grind that is. Have you seen the youtube videos! They are all flocking to Syria to fight. Good Al Queda, Bad Al Queda, Hammas, Hezbollah, FSA, foreign fighters, Iranians... money coming in from all over and more and more weapons.

What a slow long grind.

lol
Last edited by EagleSmack; Dec 13th, 2013 at 11:24 AM..
 
petros
+1
#16
The Syrian question is: Will the Saudis get their pipeline to the EU?
 
EagleSmack
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Syrian question is: Will the Saudis get their pipeline to the EU?

Not with all the fighting going on... and it is bad and non-stop.

No matter how many billions the Russians invest the opposition numbers grow. They are already battling each other for control of areas the Syrian government has surrendered.
 
petros
#18
The Saudis have cozied up to the Russians/Israelis who already have lines running. The US companies have sunk their money into Lebanon but were dead ended by Assad for some reason.
 
MHz
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Syrian question is: Will the Saudis get their pipeline to the EU?

... soon as they build it through Iran. Saudi will be using their new terminal for ocean going ships, that will be about it and most of that will be taken to pay for the war costs that that they backed and lost. Syrian will be the port for the products coming from off shore and the Golan Heights and the new find in the West Bank. Israel is so predictable, the West Bank find was on the wrong side of the wall so Israel becides to move the wall so they can claim the resources. Do they really think nobody will notice that and say something?
 
petros
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

... soon as they build it through Iran. Saudi will be using their new terminal for ocean going ships, that will be about it and most of that will be taken to pay for the war costs that that they backed and lost. Syrian will be the port for the products coming from off shore and the Golan Heights and the new find in the West Bank. Israel is so predictable, the West Bank find was on the wrong side of the wall so Israel becides to move the wall so they can claim the resources. Do they really think nobody will notice that and say something?

Have you seen their LNG trains? Longest trains in the world.


They are longer than the oil trains here in SK which became necessity after Obama wanted to up the kerogen content of the XL
 
MHz
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Not with all the fighting going on... and it is bad and non-stop.

No matter how many billions the Russians invest the opposition numbers grow. They are already battling each other for control of areas the Syrian government has surrendered.

Post as many links as you have pictures lately.
Western-backed Syria rebels in disarray as aid halted

Syria activists, state media say many feared dead near Damascus after attack by Islamic rebels | Fox News

Syria regime slams Gulf interference in conflict

It will be billions the UN spends, Russia will be getting big paychecks for material goods sold to Syria, Iran will get the energy contacts and the EU will gobble up the infrastructure contracts for the civilians so they won't bitch about how high the price goes.

Israel will be busy building a 3 sq mi island off the coast of Gaza for their new international deep water port/airport.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Have you seen their LNG trains? Longest trains in the world.


They are longer than the oil trains here in SK which became necessity after Obama wanted to up the kerogen content of the XL

That's actually a pretty good idea but there must be a point where the volume couldn't be handled. In that case they could be used to feed the product from the (remote) wells to the refinery and move the tracks as needed.

2 engines per car, we should be able to do better than that lol

 
EagleSmack
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Post as many links as you have pictures lately.
Western-backed Syria rebels in disarray as aid halted

Syria activists, state media say many feared dead near Damascus after attack by Islamic rebels | Fox News

Syria regime slams Gulf interference in conflict

It will be billions the UN spends, Russia will be getting big paychecks for material goods sold to Syria, Iran will get the energy contacts and the EU will gobble up the infrastructure contracts for the civilians so they won't bitch about how high the price goes.

Israel will be busy building a 3 sq mi island off the coast of Gaza for their new international deep water port/airport.

You always were a big dreamer.

What is Syria going to pay them back with... rubble?

Post all the cheery propaganda you wish... the war will drone on and on as it has. And what a bloody one it is! Thousands are pouring into Syria to fight for one side or the other.

Al Queda even set a car bomb off in a Hezbollah controlled area of Lebanon! How poignant was that! Hezbollah being car bombed!

And Israel recently did ANOTHER air strike against Syria ... shattering another one of your myths of impregnable Syrian Air Defenses.

Israeli planes strike Syrian military base, U.S. official says - CNN.com
 
petros
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

It will be billions the UN spends, Russia will be getting big paychecks for material goods sold to Syria, Iran will get the energy contacts and the EU will gobble up the infrastructure contracts for the civilians so they won't bitch about how high the price goes.

Israel will be busy building a 3 sq mi island off the coast of Gaza for their new international deep water port/airport.


That's actually a pretty good idea but there must be a point where the volume couldn't be handled. In that case they could be used to feed the product from the (remote) wells to the refinery and move the tracks as needed.

Israeli Bolsheviks are already pushing NG through Syria.


The Friendship line and the Islamic line are what is being fought over. Competition is killing thousands but who cares when they are labeled Hezbollah and al Qaeda to justify the Islamic line.
 
MHz
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

You always were a big dreamer.

If you intentionally go small, like yourself, you might as well stay home.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

What is Syria going to pay them back with... rubble?

Funds allocated by the ICC once Syria demands sombody pay for all the intentional damages that are part of a 'war' as declared by 5 of the Arab States in the area. Syria gets to decide who get the contracts. Golan Height products can go straight to Israel at a 'slight' discount once she shows they are for peaceful projects, like an experimental salt-water battery array near the Dead Sea (inexhaustible electric energy that could serve Europe and the emerging economy of Africa as the breadbasket of the civilized world compared to 'hell no I won't glow of the radiated NA' (2020 and all the rest of the plants in Japan go critical as everybody with ant brains will have abandoned the whole island)

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Post all the cheery propaganda you wish... the war will drone on and on as it has. And what a bloody one it is! Thousands are pouring into Syria to fight for one side or the other.

Cherry is when you find it on page 14/15 pages, these were the top 3 headlines with 'syria' as the search term.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Al Queda even set a car bomb off in a Hezbollah controlled area of Lebanon! How poignant was that! Hammas being car bombed!

You really want to create sympathy for them on their home turf with elections coming up. The STL shut down completely once they made some political gains and the loses went and hid himself in the Palaces in Saudi Arabia, once he starts breaking off again then there is something about to happen so the US can have their parrot back in power. The arrests didn't take very long after the other recent attacks so their time in Syria has them well acquainted with their standard way of creating terror on civilians.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

And Israel recently did ANOTHER air strike against Syria... shattering another one of your myths of impregnable Syrian Air Defenses

Israel does more complaining about Syria getting the S-400 system than I brag it up so they are doing a better job of selling how good it is than any vid youtube has. The US removed a Carrier Force as soon as they hypersonic cruise missiles were brought in.
Syria needs something that can pick off little rocks coming from space, on the shelves as we speak so not a project that need a decade of hard work.

I like the red star and circle for Jerusalem, is that now the 'official capital' on the maps for the area. The rest is not real important and the odds arte it was rebel controlled materials that were blown up via remote control rather than the invisible Israel air force. That far north it would have been a American missile that delivered the munition and the planes in the area was the cover so the real method of delivery was. Tell me you have at least heard of the Arrow3 system.
That is the highlight for the whole last week?? Not real impressive.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Competition is killing thousands but who cares when they are labeled Hezbollah and al Qaeda to justify the Islamic line.

You just don't get it do you, the hardline Islamics that are causing all the trouble are fully funded by the werst to wage a covert war against the Muslims that could implement all the UN human right demands for all of it's citizens if it were not for the US only wanting hardline dictators in the area tha prefer most of the population be kept at the level that Indians are at in North America 100 years after they were forced onto them.

If you can't pay them to be bad then they get demonized in the press that only works so many time on most people.
Last edited by MHz; Dec 13th, 2013 at 12:28 PM..
 
petros
+1
#25
They aren't opposed to Muzzies. That is a ruse so boobs like you go off on anti-Islamic tangents and support their cause. IF Muzzies really were a threat all ties with the Saudis would have been severed long ago.
 
Spade
#26
There is no doubt if China, Russia, Germany, or France were to use drones as does America to advance their extraterritorial claims, I can just imagine the outrage from our hawkish brothers.
Last edited by Spade; Dec 13th, 2013 at 01:12 PM..
 
petros
+1
#27
Hawkish as in chicken hawk?
 
Cliffy
+2
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Hawkish as in chicken hawk?

Chicken Hawks - that is what they should name the drones, because they are piloted by pimply nosed little putzes in bunkers in the US who spent their whole youth playing computer war games and are too chicken to face their enemies.
 
petros
#29
Bunkers? It's an office building in las Vegas.
 
EagleSmack
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post


Israel does more complaining about Syria getting the S-400 system than I brag it up so they are doing a better job of selling how good it is than any vid youtube has. The US removed a Carrier Force as soon as they hypersonic cruise missiles were brought in.
Syria needs something that can pick off little rocks coming from space, on the shelves as we speak so not a project that need a decade of hard work.

LMAO... still living in your dream world.

A long slow grind of a war that will cost billions of dollars and take decades with no real source of money.

And they are coming from all over the world to slaughter each other.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post



I like the red star and circle for Jerusalem, is that now the 'official capital' on the maps for the area. The rest is not real important and the odds arte it was rebel controlled materials that were blown up via remote control rather than the invisible Israel air force. That far north it would have been a American missile that delivered the munition and the planes in the area was the cover so the real method of delivery was. Tell me you have at least heard of the Arrow3 system.
That is the highlight for the whole last week?? Not real impressive.

.

What is this babble about? You lost all military cred when you insisted the Patriot was a ground to ground missile system.

Save the keystrokes on your board. You military knowledge is about nil.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Chicken Hawks - that is what they should name the drones, because they are piloted by pimply nosed little putzes in bunkers in the US who spent their whole youth playing computer war games and are too chicken to face their enemies.

Aggravating isn't it? lol
 
no new posts