4 Generations of Incest

Locutus
IT is a case of shocking depravity which came to rest in the hills surrounding a picturesque farming community nestled in a valley southwest of Sydney.

Unknown to the 2000 citizens of the town in a fertile valley amid the south-western slopes of NSW, a dark family secret was unravelling.

Now it can be revealed, not only could the case of the Colt family be the nation's most appalling saga of child abuse, it is among one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public.

The NSW Children's Court has taken the rare step of publishing its judgment of actions taken to remove children from the Colt family (a court-appointed pseudonym to protect identification of minors).

Four generations of intimate relations among the Colts had taken place in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and finally come to NSW.

Moving state to state, possibly to evade detection, the scandal only came to light when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn't attend school.

When they turned up on a remote bush block, they uncovered scenes which wouldn't soon be forgotten.

more

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town | News.com.au

petros
Crickey!

Goober
And the locals all knew it was going on.
Goler clan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sal
an horrific nightmare

BaalsTears
+1 / -1
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goler_clan]Goler clan ...

It's the Gopher clan and they're from Minnesota.

captain morgan
Nothing short of sickening.... bastards that participated should be drawn and quartered at very least.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Nothing short of sickening.... bastards that participated should be drawn and quartered at very least.

And the locals, including Police, Judges, Crown Prosecutors, Clergy who did nothing?

SLM
I'll read this later.....maybe. I'm in too good of a mood, finally, after a kind of a crappy day.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I'll read this later.....maybe. I'm in too good of a mood, finally, after a kind of a crappy day.

Good idea-

Sal

it will rival one of your horror flicks

and leave you speechless

captain morgan
+1

And the locals, including Police, Judges, Crown Prosecutors, Clergy who did nothing?

Goobs,

This is in no way an excuse nor justification for any culture, religion, creed nor color - however - these kind of events ca NOT occur without the 'family' in question not having some form of power within the community.

Sick as it is it - and with no excuse for the community at large - the biggest losers in this are the young family members that are the victims here

Goober
+1

Goobs,

This is in no way an excuse nor justification for any culture, religion, creed nor color - however - these kind of events ca NOT occur without the 'family' in question not having some form of power within the community.

Sick as it is it - and with no excuse for the community at large - the biggest losers in this are the young family members that are the victims here

The family in question were dirt poor- poorly educated, no power, no influence.

captain morgan

The family in question were dirt poor- poorly educated, no power, no influence.

I suppose that is the other possibility in that the family was kept secluded, kept in ignorance and exploited

Cliffy
The Ozarks have move to Auzzyland -

Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube

Goober

I suppose that is the other possibility in that the family was kept secluded, kept in ignorance and exploited

Yes they were- But everyone knew and did nothing. I grew up in the maritime, I know the culture of who knows what and who does not. Few secrets in small areas.

captain morgan
Think Weido Ludwig.... there's an an idcation of the familial power

Sal
+1

Yes they were- But everyone knew and did nothing. I grew up in the maritime, I know the culture of who knows what and who does not. Few secrets in small areas.

aren't these two different stories though?

also when one is raised this way and never leaves the clan one is bound to carry on the tradition, they can't prosecute here, who is to prosecute they are all victims descending from the grandparents who were brother and sister, and they are all mentally challenged.

it is a fubar

damngrumpy
This is unbelievable, and even for me shocking. It is conceivable that the
locals didn't know because the locals and the family in question did not live
near each other. Locals live in town and these folks lived in the wilderness.
No excuses though these people are beyond belief Children who have lives
ruined by the such a terrible life.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

IT is a case of shocking depravity which came to rest in the hills surrounding a picturesque farming community nestled in a valley southwest of Sydney.

Unknown to the 2000 citizens of the town in a fertile valley amid the south-western slopes of NSW, a dark family secret was unravelling.

Now it can be revealed, not only could the case of the Colt family be the nation's most appalling saga of child abuse, it is among one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public.

The NSW Children's Court has taken the rare step of publishing its judgment of actions taken to remove children from the Colt family (a court-appointed pseudonym to protect identification of minors).

Four generations of intimate relations among the Colts had taken place in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and finally come to NSW.

Moving state to state, possibly to evade detection, the scandal only came to light when authorities were alerted there were children living in the hills who didn't attend school.

When they turned up on a remote bush block, they uncovered scenes which wouldn't soon be forgotten.

more

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town | News.com.au

Beyond the pale!

SLM
This is just.....I don't even have words for it.... the squalor, the victimization generation after generation without any concept of the harm done (apparently, if they were truly that isolated), those poor kids. I don't know how any of them can move beyond this....where do you even begin?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The Ozarks have move to Auzzyland -

Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube

People in glass houses...

IdRatherBeSkiing

I regret reading the details. Just move on.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I regret reading the details. Just move on.

Too late....this is the kind of story that will stick with you.

no new posts