Ford finally faces legal action.


Cobalt_Kid
#1
It's obvious that Ford has been on a self-destructive path for a long time, now he's going to start paying a legal price for his irresponsibility.

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star Reporter, To Sue Rob Ford Over Pervert Accusation

Quote:

Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale will sue Rob Ford for saying that the journalist took inappropriate photos of the mayor's children.

Ford made the accusation during a TV interview this week and repeated it on a U.S. radio show Thursday morning.

Star editor Michael Cooke, who has repeatedly said that it would be Dale's decision alone to pursue legal action, broke the news on Twitter Thursday afternoon.

 
CDNBear
+2
#2
Ya, I heard Fords comment, I wish Dale the best of luck, he's going to need it and a retarded Judge if he hopes to win, lol.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#3
The point is i think Ford will lose. The comments made were not valid and Ford had
no proof. Ford is a loser and is out of control. This saga is great for entertainment
value only.
 
CDNBear
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The point is i think Ford will lose. The comments made were not valid and Ford had
no proof.

He said worse and won the last law suit, lol. I think you aren't thinking this through.

Quote:

Ford is a loser and is out of control.

I think he's pissed off.

Quote:

This saga is great for entertainment value only.

Ummm, you seem to be a little deeper in it than that.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#5
Apparently this isn't the first one.

Man suing Rob Ford for $6M brought to tears at trial - Toronto - CBC News

Quote:

The restaurateur who has filed a $6-million defamation suit against Toronto Mayor Rob Ford teared up as he related the effect the mayor's comments about his business had on his family.

George Foulidis is suing Ford over critical comments made in August 2010 concerning a deal between the city and Foulidis' business, Tuggs Inc.

Ford was incensed at the time that the city gave an untendered 20-year lease extension to Tuggs Inc. for the continued operation of the Boardwalk Café along Woodbine Beach. Foulidis has said Ford has suggested he won the contract as a result of illegal activity.

Foulidis, testifying on Wednesday, said he "was humiliated and felt like a criminal" after reading the Sun editorial board report.

He said he felt he had been scrutinized as a result of the deal, but the Sun report "took it to another level." He said he was ridiculed in public after the report was published.

Foulidis began to tear up as he testified, saying his 10-year-old daughter asked him if he did anything wrong. He said Ford voiced his criticisms of the deal "to get votes."

RoFo is probably going to need those millions he and his brother love to throw around like confetti.
 
taxslave
+4
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

It's obvious that Ford has been on a self-destructive path for a long time, now he's going to start paying a legal price for his irresponsibility.

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star Reporter, To Sue Rob Ford Over Pervert Accusation

Being sued by the Canadian equivalent of a National Enquirer writer is hardly paying a legal price for anything except being newsworthy.
 
CDNBear
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

Apparently this isn't the first one.

Man suing Rob Ford for $6M brought to tears at trial - Toronto - CBC News

Ya, he won that and said far worse about the plaintiff.

Which is why Dale will need lots of luck and a brain dead Judge.

Quote:

RoFo is probably going to need those millions he and his brother love to throw around like confetti.

Ummm, ya. Maybe you should come back to reality for a bit. Just a bit. You can go off half cocked later.
 
bill barilko
#8
If you look @ the diagram of what happened and what the police found when they attended the call then you can see Ford is on very shaky ground-he is a true lying assshole.

Which of course explains his ongoing support among the usual suspects here.
 
Goober
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

If you look @ the diagram of what happened and what the police found when they attended the call then you can see Ford is on very shaky ground-he is a true lying assshole.

Which of course explains his ongoing support among the usual suspects here.

From what I gather Ford noted a person taking photos of his children, would that be correct.

He does not know who this person was., would that be correct?

He arrived at a conclusion valid up til he knew who the person was, would that be correct?

That conclusion could be summarized from this article in the N Post.

In an interview with Conrad Black that aired Monday night, Ford suggested Dale was taking pictures of Ford’s children over the fence in his backyard in an infamous 2012 incident.

“I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids,” Ford said. “I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking, ‘What’s this guy all about?’”

Reporter Daniel Dale suing Rob Ford over alleged ‘pedophile’ accusation | National Post
 
CDNBear
+2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

If you look @ the diagram of what happened and what the police found when they attended the call then you can see Ford is on very shaky ground-he is a true lying assshole.

LOL...

Quote:

Which of course explains his ongoing support among the usual suspects here.

Flossy and company aren't defending him.

You should stick to poaching salmon and lying about your travels, you look silly when you try to get all insulting.
 
taxslave
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

LOL...

Flossy and company aren't defending him.

You should stick to poaching salmon and lying about your travels, you look silly when you try to get all insulting.

He looks rather silly trying to add something to an adult conversation too.
 
BornRuff
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

It's obvious that Ford has been on a self-destructive path for a long time, now he's going to start paying a legal price for his irresponsibility.

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star Reporter, To Sue Rob Ford Over Pervert Accusation

Ford has faced countless legal actions so far.

He has faced judges over conflict of interest, libel, and his campaign financing. Probably more.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

From what I gather Ford noted a person taking photos of his children, would that be correct.

He does not know who this person was., would that be correct?

He arrived at a conclusion valid up til he knew who the person was, would that be correct?

That conclusion could be summarized from this article in the N Post.

In an interview with Conrad Black that aired Monday night, Ford suggested Dale was taking pictures of Ford’s children over the fence in his backyard in an infamous 2012 incident.

“I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids,” Ford said. “I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking, ‘What’s this guy all about?’”

Reporter Daniel Dale suing Rob Ford over alleged ‘pedophile’ accusation | National Post

The very premise that he was in his backyard taking photos of his children has been proven wrong long ago.

Dale only took one photo and it was of the public land adjacent to his house. This was easily proven since Dale left his camera behind when Ford chased him away. Neither Ford or any member of his family were in the back yard at the time either. At no time did Dale step on his property.

Beyond the clear intention of his comments, the stuff he did say is clearly wrong and there is abundant proof that Ford knows it was wrong(aka, lying). Ford has continued to blatantly lie with the clear purpose of harming this guys reputation.

Since libel/defamation is "the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual", I don't know if Ford has much of a leg to stand on here.
 
Locutus
+1
#13
Poor ol' danny dale. Cry moar.
 
BornRuff
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Poor ol' danny dale. Cry moar.

Comments like these clearly prove that the lies that the Mayor keeps spreading about Dale have hurt his reputation.
 
Goober
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Comments like these clearly prove that the lies that the Mayor keeps spreading about Dale have hurt his reputation.

Well he is a reporter.
Was he slinking around Fords property?
 
CDNBear
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Since libel/defamation is "the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual", I don't know if Ford has much of a leg to stand on here.

Meh, I just read the Libel and Slander Act, again, I don't think he has a chance. Foulidis had a better chance and lost.

Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Comments like these clearly prove that the lies that the Mayor keeps spreading about Dale have hurt his reputation.

Hurt whose reputation?
 
BornRuff
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Meh, I just read the Libel and Slander Act, again, I don't think he has a chance. Foulidis had a better chance and lost.

It was a different situation. In this case so much of what he said is easily proven to be wrong, it is easily demonstrated that Ford knows that it is wrong, and it is so clear that the sole purpose of his comments were to harm Dale's reputation.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Hurt whose reputation?

Dale's. Dale has received a ton of negative attention because of Ford's continued lies about what happened that night.

Ford said:

“The worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?”

Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.
 
Goober
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

It was a different situation. In this case so much of what he said is easily proven to be wrong, it is easily demonstrated that Ford knows that it is wrong, and it is so clear that the sole purpose of his comments were to harm Dale's reputation.



Dale's. Dale has received a ton of negative attention because of Ford's continued lies about what happened that night.

Ford said:

“The worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?”

Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Can he prove that?
 
BornRuff
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Can he prove that?

What "that" are you referring to?
 
CDNBear
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

It was a different situation. In this case so much of what he said is easily proven to be wrong, it is easily demonstrated that Ford knows that it is wrong, and it is so clear that the sole purpose of his comments were to harm Dale's reputation.

Or just an opinion.

I have kids, whether they're in the house or not, if I caught someone hanging over my fence with a camera, there'd be an issue, and my first thoughts would be about my kids.

Quote:

Dale's. Dale has received a ton of negative attention because of Ford's continued lies about what happened that night.

Negative attention doesn't necessarily mean his reputation has been damaged.

So your claim will have to be proven in court.

Quote:

“The worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?”

Ya, so?

Quote:

Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Hanging over the fence, camera in hand, kids in the house or wherever, I've seen stronger cases with clearer intent tossed.

Like I said, I wish Dale the best of luck.
 
Goober
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

What "that" are you referring to?

This that.
Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.
 
CDNBear
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

This that.
Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Yes, Ford knows that, but he's still allowed to offer his own opinions of the event in an off the cuff interview.

What he inferred should make for some interesting legal babble. I can't wait.

BTW Goob's, ruffy has already convicted Ford of libel, and other criminal acts, so you're barking up the wrong tree if you're looking for objectivity.
 
BornRuff
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Or just an opinion.

What he said was not an opinion. Saying that he was in his back yard taking pictures of his kids is not an opinion.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I have kids, whether they're in the house or not, if I caught someone hanging over my fence with a camera, there'd be an issue, and my first thoughts would be about my kids.

It has already been proven in the police investigation that that never happened. They have surveillance footage of the back fence from that evening.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Negative attention doesn't necessarily mean his reputation has been damaged.

So your claim will have to be proven in court.

Luckily these things are very well documented these days so the backlash that he has faced is easy to demonstrate.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Ya, so?

Hanging over the fence, camera in hand, kids in the house or wherever, I've seen stronger cases with clearer intent tossed.

Like I said, I wish Dale the best of luck.

Again, the Ford's have surveillance cameras. They did not show this happening in any way.

Regardless, you are not even using his words any more. What you are saying is not what he said in the interview.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

This that.
Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Dale dropped his camera and the Fords looked through it before returning it.

The Ford's have surveillance cameras that show the back of the property. It is very clear that Dale was never in their backyard.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Yes, Ford knows that, but he's still allowed to offer his own opinions of the event in an off the cuff interview.

What he inferred should make for some interesting legal babble. I can't wait.

BTW Goob's, ruffy has already convicted Ford of libel, and other criminal acts, so you're barking up the wrong tree if you're looking for objectivity.

Saying he was in his backyard taking pictures of his kids is not an opinion.
 
CDNBear
+1
#24
Settle down dude, you're gunna stroke out.

Look, I get it, you've convicted Ford across the board, you're obsessed, you're a hack, whatever, get over it.

My opinion is, Dale has a pretty good challenge ahead of him, and that's based on being a plaintiff in a stronger case.
 
BornRuff
-1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Settle down dude, you're gunna stroke out.

Look, I get it, you've convicted Ford across the board, you're obsessed, you're a hack, whatever, get over it.

My opinion is, Dale has a pretty good challenge ahead of him, and that's based on being a plaintiff in a stronger case.

Lol, same old same old. As soon as you are challenged, you just resort to personal attacks.

Quite similar to another person we are talking about here.
 
CDNBear
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Lol, same old same old. As soon as you are challenged, you just resort to personal attacks.

Quite similar to another person we are talking about here.

Dude, you've made up your own libelous nonsense about Ford. This isn't a conversation I'm willing to waste time on, other than to either annoy or mock you. You aren't objective.

Your hate for Ford shines through.

And no, you haven't challenged me, I know what happened, I know what he said, I know what libel and slander cases look like. I wish dale all the luck.

All you're doing is parroting the same stupid stuff over and over for some reason. I didn't say anything you said wasn't true other than what remains to be proven. So I can only gather that you're to emotional about the topic to be objective.

Thus we come full circle, you aren't worth anymore of my time, than pure entertainment.

Grow up, get a life, smoke a joint, have a drink, turn off the puter and go get some fresh air, whatever it takes to clear the anger from your head.
 
BornRuff
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Dude, you've made up your own libelous nonsense about Ford. This isn't a conversation I'm willing to waste time on, other than to either annoy or mock you. You aren't objective.

Your hate for Ford shines through.

And no, you haven't challenged me, I know what happened, I know what he said, I know what libel and slander cases look like. I wish dale all the luck.

All you're doing is parroting the same stupid stuff over and over for some reason. I didn't say anything you said wasn't true other than what remains to be proven. So I can only gather that you're to emotional about the topic to be objective.

Thus we come full circle, you aren't worth anymore of my time, than pure entertainment.

Grow up, get a life, smoke a joint, have a drink, turn off the puter and go get some fresh air, whatever it takes to clear the anger from your head.

Does not compute. You accuse me of libel yet claim you never said anything that I said wasn't true?

If people are going to parrot the same incorrect information, then necessarily they are going to get the same corrections each time.

You are just inferring what you want to infer about my emotions regarding this because it helps with your personal attacks. Simply stating the facts is not an emotional thing. I even threw in a little "lol" for you last time to help you out.

I have made very simple and easily verified statements. If there was any argument against them, I know you would have responded with that. If you time is so valuable, clearly you would do that rather than waste time with pointless personal attacks.
 
CDNBear
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Does not compute.

No doubt, you're obsession is to strong.
 
Locutus
+1
#29
Media Malpractice: "With the full support of the Star, I will stay on the city hall beat while pursuing this action."

Fabulous.
 
Goober
#30
So what does the reporter have to prove?
What will Ford use as a defense- perhaps the same one that reporters/ newspapers use- Like that free lancer out in BC who will be bankrupted for her reports on the BC guy.
 

Similar Threads

12
1
Finally Real Action against terrorists
by United_Nations | Sep 12th, 2006
no new posts