Ford finally faces legal action.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
It's obvious that Ford has been on a self-destructive path for a long time, now he's going to start paying a legal price for his irresponsibility.

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star Reporter, To Sue Rob Ford Over Pervert Accusation

Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale will sue Rob Ford for saying that the journalist took inappropriate photos of the mayor's children.

Ford made the accusation during a TV interview this week and repeated it on a U.S. radio show Thursday morning.

Star editor Michael Cooke, who has repeatedly said that it would be Dale's decision alone to pursue legal action, broke the news on Twitter Thursday afternoon.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ya, I heard Fords comment, I wish Dale the best of luck, he's going to need it and a retarded Judge if he hopes to win, lol.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The point is i think Ford will lose. The comments made were not valid and Ford had
no proof. Ford is a loser and is out of control. This saga is great for entertainment
value only.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Apparently this isn't the first one.

Man suing Rob Ford for $6M brought to tears at trial - Toronto - CBC News

The restaurateur who has filed a $6-million defamation suit against Toronto Mayor Rob Ford teared up as he related the effect the mayor's comments about his business had on his family.

George Foulidis is suing Ford over critical comments made in August 2010 concerning a deal between the city and Foulidis' business, Tuggs Inc.

Ford was incensed at the time that the city gave an untendered 20-year lease extension to Tuggs Inc. for the continued operation of the Boardwalk Café along Woodbine Beach. Foulidis has said Ford has suggested he won the contract as a result of illegal activity.

Foulidis, testifying on Wednesday, said he "was humiliated and felt like a criminal" after reading the Sun editorial board report.

He said he felt he had been scrutinized as a result of the deal, but the Sun report "took it to another level." He said he was ridiculed in public after the report was published.

Foulidis began to tear up as he testified, saying his 10-year-old daughter asked him if he did anything wrong. He said Ford voiced his criticisms of the deal "to get votes."

RoFo is probably going to need those millions he and his brother love to throw around like confetti.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
If you look @ the diagram of what happened and what the police found when they attended the call then you can see Ford is on very shaky ground-he is a true lying assshole.

Which of course explains his ongoing support among the usual suspects here.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If you look @ the diagram of what happened and what the police found when they attended the call then you can see Ford is on very shaky ground-he is a true lying assshole.

From what I gather Ford noted a person taking photos of his children, would that be correct.

He does not know who this person was., would that be correct?

He arrived at a conclusion valid up til he knew who the person was, would that be correct?

That conclusion could be summarized from this article in the N Post.

In an interview with Conrad Black that aired Monday night, Ford suggested Dale was taking pictures of Ford’s children over the fence in his backyard in an infamous 2012 incident.

“I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids,” Ford said. “I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking, ‘What’s this guy all about?’”

Reporter Daniel Dale suing Rob Ford over alleged ‘pedophile’ accusation | National Post

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOL...

Flossy and company aren't defending him.

You should stick to poaching salmon and lying about your travels, you look silly when you try to get all insulting.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
It's obvious that Ford has been on a self-destructive path for a long time, now he's going to start paying a legal price for his irresponsibility.

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star Reporter, To Sue Rob Ford Over Pervert Accusation

Ford has faced countless legal actions so far.

He has faced judges over conflict of interest, libel, and his campaign financing. Probably more.

From what I gather Ford noted a person taking photos of his children, would that be correct.

He does not know who this person was., would that be correct?

He arrived at a conclusion valid up til he knew who the person was, would that be correct?

That conclusion could be summarized from this article in the N Post.

In an interview with Conrad Black that aired Monday night, Ford suggested Dale was taking pictures of Ford’s children over the fence in his backyard in an infamous 2012 incident.

“I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids,” Ford said. “I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking, ‘What’s this guy all about?’”

Reporter Daniel Dale suing Rob Ford over alleged ‘pedophile’ accusation | National Post

The very premise that he was in his backyard taking photos of his children has been proven wrong long ago.

Dale only took one photo and it was of the public land adjacent to his house. This was easily proven since Dale left his camera behind when Ford chased him away. Neither Ford or any member of his family were in the back yard at the time either. At no time did Dale step on his property.

Beyond the clear intention of his comments, the stuff he did say is clearly wrong and there is abundant proof that Ford knows it was wrong(aka, lying). Ford has continued to blatantly lie with the clear purpose of harming this guys reputation.

Since libel/defamation is "the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual", I don't know if Ford has much of a leg to stand on here.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Since libel/defamation is "the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual", I don't know if Ford has much of a leg to stand on here.
Meh, I just read the Libel and Slander Act, again, I don't think he has a chance. Foulidis had a better chance and lost.

Comments like these clearly prove that the lies that the Mayor keeps spreading about Dale have hurt his reputation.
Hurt whose reputation?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Meh, I just read the Libel and Slander Act, again, I don't think he has a chance. Foulidis had a better chance and lost.

It was a different situation. In this case so much of what he said is easily proven to be wrong, it is easily demonstrated that Ford knows that it is wrong, and it is so clear that the sole purpose of his comments were to harm Dale's reputation.

Hurt whose reputation?

Dale's. Dale has received a ton of negative attention because of Ford's continued lies about what happened that night.

Ford said:

“The worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?”

Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It was a different situation. In this case so much of what he said is easily proven to be wrong, it is easily demonstrated that Ford knows that it is wrong, and it is so clear that the sole purpose of his comments were to harm Dale's reputation.

Dale's. Dale has received a ton of negative attention because of Ford's continued lies about what happened that night.

Ford said:

“The worst one was Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?”

Ford knows that Dale was not in his backyard, he knows that he didn't take any photos of his kids, yet he clearly lies and claims that Dale did these things.

Can he prove that?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Or just an opinion.

I have kids, whether they're in the house or not, if I caught someone hanging over my fence with a camera, there'd be an issue, and my first thoughts would be about my kids.

Negative attention doesn't necessarily mean his reputation has been damaged.

So your claim will have to be proven in court.

Ya, so?

Hanging over the fence, camera in hand, kids in the house or wherever, I've seen stronger cases with clearer intent tossed.

Like I said, I wish Dale the best of luck.