It's only $90k !!

Durry
+1
How much longer is this eastern nonsense going to go on.
It's only $90k and it's not even taxpayer money!!

How much money had been wasted already and just what is it that these bozos expect to achieve if they get all their questions answered???

Whatever it is, is it going to be worth all the money they have wasted chasing the issue surrounding this $90 cheque??

Once again, Ottawa has lost it!!

BornRuff
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

How much money had been wasted already and just what is it that these bozos expect to achieve if they get all their questions answered???

Whatever it is, is it going to be worth all the money they have wasted chasing the issue surrounding this $90 cheque??

The 90k from Wright isn't so much the issue as the possible criminal charges of bribery, fraud, and beach of trust within the Senate and the PMO, with us finding out that Harper and his staffers were more and more involved than orginally claimed.

Remember Watergate? It wasn't the original crime that got him, but his attempts to cover it up.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Remember Watergate? It wasn't the original crime that got him, but his attempts to cover it up.

Slobbering Benghazi rant in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . .

Durry
A complaint has been launched and the RCMP are investigating if a criminal act was committed.

Let the RCMP do their job. Politicians are doing fk all except wasting needless time on this issue. It's an RCMP matter now..

Time to move on and let those who get paid to do this job, do their job!!

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence. It has not been shown that Ottawa ever had it.

Durry
I stand corrected !! Your right!!

BornRuff

A complaint has been launched and the RCMP are investigating if a criminal act was committed.

Let the RCMP do their job. Politicians are doing fk all except wasting needless time on this issue. It's an RCMP matter now..

Time to move on and let those who get paid to do this job, do their job!!

It is the job of the opposition to hold the government to account. It isn't like Harper ever let up on the whole sponsorship thing.

WLDB
+3 / -1

Hey, you westerners put those guys there.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Hey, you westerners put those guys there.

Ontarians are Westerners now? Better git myself a 10 gallon hat.

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Our temporary lack of judgement wouldn't have meant squat without their decades of fealty.

petros
+2

In Canada it's a 45.6L hat.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Our temporary lack of judgement wouldn't have meant squat without their decades of fealty.

Pronouns need antecedents, in other words, "What you talkin' 'bout, boy?"

JLM

Money is not the issue, stealing is! -

petros
Hang 'em high!

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

In Canada it's a 45.6L hat.

Yeah, thanks to that f*(kin' Pierre and his f'n metric!

petros
As a scientist I like metric. The only places and people who use metric are civilians in the US an UK.

JLM

As a scientist I like metric. The only places and people who use metric are civilians in the US an UK.

Have you tried buying metric lumber and metric nails. You're a Rough Riders fan, how many metres did the team pass and run? -

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Have you tried buying metric lumber and metric nails. You're a Rough Riders fan, how many metres did the team pass and run? -

Lumber has been metric since before we went metric and to me yards are just a sporting measure and nothing more.

JLM

Lumber has been metric since before we went metric and to me yards are just a sporting measure and nothing more.

O.K. I was thinking retail not cunits. I notice on the financial reports lumber is still quoted by a 1000 board feet. (I think)

WLDB

The Ontarians who are members of a party led by westerners. The west wanted in, they got it.

Yeah, thanks to that f*(kin' Pierre and his f'n metric!

All but two countries have switched over. It likely would have changed here no matter who was in.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

All but two countries have switched over. It likely would have changed here no matter who was in.

Three -

Countries That Don’t Use the Metric System

petros

O.K. I was thinking retail not cunits. I notice on the financial reports lumber is still quoted by a 1000 board feet. (I think)

Try exporting lumber that isn't metric. When was the last time you've bought a sheet of plywood that wasn't metric?

JLM

Try exporting lumber that isn't metric. When was the last time you've bought a sheet of plywood that wasn't metric?

In July I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood and lots of 4' X 8' sheets of gyproc in the past 6 months.
I guess you can do a hard conversion.

I notice on the news when giving descriptions of lost or wanted people they always use metric (generally to several places of decimals) but coincidentally it works out to an exact imperial figure like 6' and 180 lbs. -

petros

In July I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood and lots of 4' X 8' sheets of gyproc in the past 6 months.
I guess you can do a hard conversion.

I notice on the news when giving descriptions of lost or wanted people they always use metric (generally to several places of decimals) but coincidentally it works out to an exact imperial figure like 6' and 180 lbs. -

What was the thickness?

JLM

What was the thickness?

I believe it was 5/8". I used it to make a new door for my tin shed.

damngrumpy
+1
When it was the Liberals and their scandal the Conservatives played it for all its
worth and now the shoe is on the other foot. Two things going on here one its
about the perception of honesty itself and trust in an institution. The other thing
is this. Harper came to office stating things like this would not happen. He was
the one who appointed more than one person who might have done a criminal
deed the investigation continues. In parliaments the opposition will attack any
government in power to destabilize the powers that be its their job. Harper did it
to the Liberals and now karma is in full swing in return.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

When it was the Liberals and their scandal the Conservatives played it for all its
worth and now the shoe is on the other foot. Two things going on here one its
about the perception of honesty itself and trust in an institution. The other thing
is this. Harper came to office stating things like this would not happen. He was
the one who appointed more than one person who might have done a criminal
deed the investigation continues. In parliaments the opposition will attack any
government in power to destabilize the powers that be its their job. Harper did it
to the Liberals and now karma is in full swing in return.

They are all tarred with the same brush, it doesn't matter which bunch of bandits are in power, it's just a different bunch of bandits profiting, be it political bandits or corporate bandits.

relic
So, when the guy driving the bus is weaving all over the road, do you just figure that all other drivers are the same and brace for the crash ?The "their all the same" argument is just silly.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

So, when the guy driving the bus is weaving all over the road, do you just figure that all other drivers are the same and brace for the crash ?The "their all the same" argument is just silly.

Poor analogy- there are in fact some good bus drivers, but I've yet to see a group of politicians who have managed to sustain functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
Last edited by JLM; Dec 3rd, 2013 at 07:38 AM..

Tecumsehsbones

Poor analogy- there are in fact some good bus drivers, but I've yet to see a group of politicians who has managed to sustain functionality, integrity, and efficiency.

The IQ of a committee is the IQ of the stupidest person on the committee divided by the number of people on the committee.

no new posts