Who gave the US Border Agents a Canadians Medical Records?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Disabled woman denied entry to U.S. after agent cites supposedly private medical details

A Toronto woman is shocked after she was denied entry into the U.S. because she had been hospitalized for clinical depression.

Ellen Richardson went to Pearson airport on Monday full of joy about flying to New York City and from there going on a 10-day Caribbean cruise for which she’d paid about $6,000.

But a U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent with the Department of Homeland Security killed that dream when he denied her entry.

“I was turned away, I was told, because I had a hospitalization in the summer of 2012 for clinical depression,’’ said Richardson, who is a paraplegic and set up her cruise in collaboration with a March of Dimes group of about 12 others.

The Weston woman was told by the U.S. agent she would have to get “medical clearance’’ and be examined by one of only three doctors in Toronto whose assessments are accepted by Homeland Security. She was given their names and told a call to her psychiatrist “would not suffice.’’

U.S. Customs and Border Protection media spokeswoman Jenny Burke said that due to privacy laws, “the department is prohibited from discussing specific cases.’’

MP Mike Sullivan said what has happened to his constituent is “enormously troubling. . . . How did U.S. agents get her personal medical information?’’

He said he will be getting in touch with federal privacy commissioner Jennifer Stoddart “and demanding to know how this happened. We’re very concerned if Canadians’ personal medical information is being communicated to U.S. authorities.’’

more

Disabled woman denied entry to U.S. after agent cites supposedly private medical details | Toronto Star

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Public Charge?? ..or maybe she will go off the rails and shoot up a school.. who knows??
I say if 'they want chips used' then they should set an example. Be the first is not the way I would prefer to say it as that might give them the impression they are number one in all things.

BTW that would explain why the security for that event was over $1B while anyplace else in the world it was $10M to $100M on the conservative side of life. Her is the base of the coming mark, buy and sell are two events rather than one, 1/2 a mark doesn't carry any punishment. In short the owners are 'under the thumb of the last authority before Christ' before the consumer are, they endure/enjoy a much shorter period.

Last edited: