Back away, she gonna blow Big time

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
judging by the way he was dressed, he popped it on porpoise.

(sorry, had to do it)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Back away, she gonna blow Big time
;)

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
What I had read on it said he was trying to remove the dorsal fin, for a potential skeletal display I think.

That was sooooo bad, I hereby pronounce it good!
It didn't really matter waht he was trying to do, the result was the same.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well at least the learned from this dufus in California.
Exploding whale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus, half a ton of dynamite was applied to the carcass. The engineer in charge of the operation, George Thornton, stated—on camera, in an interview with Portland newsman Paul Linnman—that he wasn't exactly sure how much dynamite would be needed. (Thornton later explained that he was chosen to remove the whale because the district engineer, Dale Allen, had gone hunting).[5][6]

Coincidentally, a military veteran from Springfield with explosives training, Walter Umenhofer, was at the scene scoping a potential manufacturing site for his employer.[1] Umenhofer later told The Springfield News reporter Ben Raymond Lode that he had warned Thornton that the amount of dynamite he was using was very wrong—when he first heard that 20 cases were being used he was in disbelief. He had known that 20 cases of dynamite was far too much dynamite to be used. Instead of 20 cases they needed 20 sticks of dynamite. Umenhofer said Thornton was not interested in the advice. In an odd coincidence, Umenhofer's brand-new Oldsmobile was flattened by a chunk of falling blubber after the blast. He told Lode he had just bought the Ninety-Eight Regency at Dunham Oldsmobile in Eugene, during the "Get a Whale of a Deal" promotion.[1]

For those that cannot wait- 2.02 mark.

The Infamous Exploding Whale - YouTube