Angola Bans Islam - Destroys Mosques

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
African State Of Angola Bans Islam All Mosques To Be Destroyed

AFRICANGLOBE – By popular demand, Angolan authorities have taken pre-emptive action and decided to ban the Muslim religion, which they consider a cult, NOT a religion. They see what Muslims are doing to non-Muslims, especially in Africa, and are taking steps to prevent the same from happening in Angola.

In early October 2013, the Muslims living in Luanda in the municipality of Viana Zango were shocked to see the minaret of their mosque dismantled into pieces on the ground without permission. On Thursday 03 October in the morning, the Angolan authorities decided to destroy the mosque Zango located in the urban district of Viana 17 km. The governor of Luanda Bento announced in a radio spot that radical Muslims are not welcome in Angola and the Angolan government is not ready for the legalization of mosques in Angola.

more

African State Of Angola Bans Islam All Mosques To Be Destroyed

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So now what the Muslims are about to find out what it's like to have the shoe
on the other foot? This could either be a monumental disaster or a blueprint
of what is to come elsewhere. Trying to stomp out a belief system is not all
that successful usually.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Angola being settled by the Portuguese has been largely Roman Catholic for a long time (although so called Animists are still around) there never were a lot of Muzzies 'n the hood.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Atheist are actually guilty of doing what they accuse religion of doing...which is convert people to their belief system, or rather non belief..

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
USSR & China tried it. How did that work out?

People have been taking turns trying to run out the Jews for a couple of millenia now. Still can't swing a fish without hitting a Goldstein in his not-insignificant schnozz. (That's right, I just went there--joking though).

I don't think this kind of thing works, and I fear, as always, it will be the weak and innocent who will suffer most, but part of me is sympathetic to Angola's plight. The Muslims are causing mayhem in other countries.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Atheist are actually guilty of doing what they accuse religion of doing...which is convert people to their belief system, or rather non belief..

Ive never converted people or accused others of converting people. I do not want belief or non-belief forced on anyone. If one wants to believe in a god, no god, unicorns or magic underwear that makes no difference to me. When they can force it on others, then I have a problem with it. Im not a fan of religion, but I do not agree with what Angola has done. Banning a religion and destroying its places of worship will do nothing. Its oppressive and will cause far more problems. Even Iran allows people in other religions to practice. This will backfire on Angola if it hasnt started already. The easiest way to make any idea or religion popular is to ban it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If I could I would rid the world of all religions.
Be careful... that would put you in the same camp as the religious zealots who, if they could, would make sure the whole world thought like them.

Hey, it's a start.....

It's a start to handing control of your spiritual and religious life, over to the government. The two should have nothing to do with one another.