Should Ford Resign?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Should Ford Resign?
We know he purchased and used illegal drugs- OK- Needs help - I can live with that if he seeks help.
Family or professional- but help. Studies show that both have about the same results- Positive family and friends can have the same/similar results as a professional in addressing the issue.

If he provided assistance to Gang members, criminals that are illegal- then he should resign. Not referring to drugs.

If he cheated on his wife- Well he deals with that with his wife- No need to resign.

Should he take some time to address the addiction(s) - Yes- The stress must be horrendous- dealing with that, the press, family. Think of the stress levels.

But so far I do not see why he should resign.

I heard that Ford challenged all Councillors to provide hair sample for drug tests- Hair is a better indicator of past drug use. I would love to see them all provide hair samples- result to be made public- but not identify any person providing their hair sample.

Does this set a bar higher than should be expected of elected officials- possibly- But as it is anonymous I am fine with the test.

http://jat.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/5/319.full.pdf

Use of hair analysis for confirmation... [J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Depends on the depth of his addiction... first of all he needs to check into rehab pronto...I am so over this fool, straighten yourself out man you are an embarrassment. My patience is done.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Depends on the depth of his addiction... first of all he needs to check into rehab pronto...I am so over this fool, straighten yourself out man you are an embarrassment. My patience is done.

So far we have an addiction issue- That is normal- But he needs to step away from the spotlight and get help.
Dealing with the addiction and performing his function as Mayor is way to much stress.
Take 1 or 2 months off. Get out of the spotlight. Then return.
There is only more news - allegations to come out.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He shouldn't resign if he doesn't want to, but a recall election needs to be seriously looked at as a form of democracy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Does there have to be?
Well we follow the Law do we not. Clearly the premier is at her wits end - and she never had any wit to begin with.
Running around stating if we have all Party consensus- 1 MP declining means nothing happens - Really- lead, follow or get the fuk out of the way.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
He should keep going. This is making for some great belly laughs.
The guy is ten times the buffoon he was on election day. Besides he's not really hurting anything. Council will take away his budget so he can't do any actual city business and they will be free to continue running the city and we get to watch Robby's moronic spectacle.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No he shouldn't step down, it's like trolling every single left hog and hipster douche bag in the country, all at once, lolz.

If this circus keeps up, there will be one.
The only circus is the one the media have created because clowns suck it up. You know, suck it up like posting link after link after link... ;-)