Rob Ford honours Remembrance Day better than Miller

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

No surprise there, lolz...

TORONTO -

There’s a big contrast in how our current mayor and our former mayor chose to honour Remembrance Day.

Nov. 11, 2013.

“Those who did not return are owed a debt that can never ever be repaid,” said Mayor Rob Ford.

Nov. 11, 2010.

“We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other’s children,” said Mayor David Miller.

So what speech did you like better?

The one not spoken by an elitist prick with his head in his ***.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What are you talking about?

What I meant was that it would be unreasonable to assume that because Rob Ford took crack that each and every word he says must be wrong. I think some people are now assuming that a person who has taken crack could not possibly be right on anything. A black and white way of looking at things.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What I meant was that it would be unreasonable to assume that because Rob Ford took crack that each and every word he says must be wrong. I think some people are now assuming that a person who has taken crack could not possibly be right on anything. A black and white way of looking at things.

Fu ck you're stupid.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oooh, you were being smart, reasonable and using deductive reasoning.

Good for you bud!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

No surprise there, lolz...

TORONTO -

There’s a big contrast in how our current mayor and our former mayor chose to honour Remembrance Day.

Nov. 11, 2013.

“Those who did not return are owed a debt that can never ever be repaid,” said Mayor Rob Ford.

Nov. 11, 2010.

“We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other’s children,” said Mayor David Miller.

So what speech did you like better?

The one not spoken by an elitist prick with his head in his ***.

and I agree with Miller. That's all we have been doing, is killing each others children. Nothing has been learned in the last 100 years except that we can do it more efficiently now.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Bear didn't, and doesn't. That's why you're fu cking stupid. To think that he did.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think there was a minor misunderstanding guys, it's all good now.

and I agree with Miller.
Ya, I wouldn't doubt that, but you aren't an elitist **** saying it to a crowd of Veterans.

I don't have a problem with the sentiment, it's valid. I have a problem with the venue. Only a hack would defend Miller for saying it then and there.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't have a problem with the sentiment, it's valid. I have a problem with the venue. Only a hack would defend Miller for saying it then and there.

right, cause sugar coating it is the far better way to go.... actually, it appears the best way to go is to ignore the facts entirely.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's called tact, Gerryh. There is an appropriate place for everything. Not saying everything that is on one's mind is not lying unless it's with intent to deceive. It's just knowing when to open one's yap at the appropriate time.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
right, cause sugar coating it is the far better way to go.... actually, it appears the best way to go is to ignore the facts entirely.
I'm not ignoring it, I embrace it openly, I just agreed with you.

But to slap the faces of those men and women on that day, off side, no matter how you feel.

I suspect in some deep corner of your soul, you agree with me.

Well, you seem to have that down. :lol:
Ummm...

Are you going to attempt an argument, or is all you have in your quiver personal attacks? I just feel sorry for you guys--you just seem really really angry all the time. Anyonme who doesn't have the same point of view as you--just heap the vitriol on. It's just arguing politics, man. There's really no need to blow a gasket. :lol:

LOLz, what a joke you are.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Another way to put it: I wouldnt let out a loud and prolongued belch followed by a loud, prolongued, juicy, stinky fart in Church in the middle of a prayer for the dead just because to hold back the truth of my internal feelings of bloatedness would be sugarcoating it. There is an appropriate time for everything.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh ya, that's an apt comparison.:roll:

I stick with my original assessment of you.