How should Western Democracies - Business -incorporate and recognize the 3 major Rel

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How should Western Democracies - Business -incorporate and recognize the major Religions & their respective dates for celebration?

There are approx. 10 K religions and I only mentioned the major ones – reason is that each country has a variety of religions and that would also need to be addressed.

So I tried to keep it simple, yet I did not and have no intention to exclude.

I will use First Nations in North America as a clear example as they represent a significant number in the population.

Add Islam, Sikhs, Judaism, Hindu as well.

So how should Govts. Municipal, Provincial & Federal address these issues.

List of religious populations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Major Religions Ranked by Size

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think commonsense should prevail. I just make myself unavailable on days we have ceremonies. I've even been paid for them a couple times in the past, because I would work other holidays I didn't observe.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I think commonsense should prevail. I just make myself unavailable on days we have ceremonies. I've even been paid for them a couple times in the past, because I would work other holidays I didn't observe.

Myself I see that some companies work with the employee to ensure that they can observe these Religious days, ceremonies, traditions to be observed.
They are the ones that are ahead of the curve.
How are non Christians treated, based upon religious holidays and celebrations in a truly secular society.
The above, not word for word was posted in another thread, and where I got the idea. Thanks TC -
Society is ever changing.
Some people think that all or 99 % of Muslims are completely observant of their Faith - false-
Same as any religion. Observance varies along with how strongly they adhere to the tenets of that religious belief.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What about people that do not have any religion? The only two that are religious are christmas and easter. All the rest are civic. Then there is the not insignificant problem with wording in union contracts.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
More like defending ourselves from muzzie terrorists and the PC crowd thatdefends them.
From a business perspective we have enough holidays from a workers perspective we never have enough holidays .
How do you square that circle ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
More like defending ourselves from muzzie terrorists and the PC crowd thatdefends them.
I think all terrorists should be eliminated, including the Pentagon, the CIA and the other organizations in every country that promotes invasions, political assassinations, exploitation of other countries' natural resources and people, etc., etc.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There are many factors to consider. The number of holidays actually
contributed to the fall of Rome. How you say? I believe there were
about 145 stat holidays in that country and the sheer number cut into
productivity and led to a lazy population.
We should consider recognition of celebrations based on how we would
be treated in other nations. For example how tolerant would Iran be if we
celebrated New Year with a giant p*ss up like we do here? No well I am
afraid.
We should remember we set the days and tradition is the byword here.
I don't mind people coming but i do mind when they want to rearrange
the furniture so to speak. I don't care what days they take off as long as
they don't interfere with the ones already established. To be fair most of
the recent PC correct changes are not at the insistence of the newcomers.
The changes have come about by people born here without a life and
wanting to be the ultimate multiculturalist. They won't stop until nothing is
left

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I'm sorry to hear that you've been attacked by Muzzie terrorists,. I had to undergo continual harassment by a rogue Iranian tank brigade which terrorsized the Cobequid Mountains in Nova Scotia some years back. Did you know the Taliban have made steady inroads into the Annapolice valley over the last few years. It is thought they are trying to capture the apple fields.
Please share some of your harrowing stories of Muzzie encounters with us. The only way we will save Canada from this horde is to talk aboot our experiences and hold each other till the sobbing stops.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
There are many factors to consider. The number of holidays actually
contributed to the fall of Rome. How you say? I believe there were
about 145 stat holidays in that country and the sheer number cut into
productivity and led to a lazy population.
We should consider recognition of celebrations based on how we would
be treated in other nations. For example how tolerant would Iran be if we
celebrated New Year with a giant p*ss up like we do here? No well I am
afraid.
We should remember we set the days and tradition is the byword here.
I don't mind people coming but i do mind when they want to rearrange
the furniture so to speak. I don't care what days they take off as long as
they don't interfere with the ones already established. To be fair most of
the recent PC correct changes are not at the insistence of the newcomers.
The changes have come about by people born here without a life and
wanting to be the ultimate multiculturalist. They won't stop until nothing is
left

I think corruption and Politically appointed Generals who lost hundreds of thousands of trained Legionnaires led to Romes downfall.Not holidays.
Now check out what a Roman Legionnaire needed to do to become a member of the Legion.

Legionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read abut Gaius Marius or his protege Lucius Cornelius Sulla.

Marius

Sulla

So we set the traditions? Why?

I was born here, I have a life and I believe in equality.

Do we treat these people of differing faiths as second class citizens due the fact they are a minority?

Some companies incorporate their employees different Religious Holidays and make it work.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been attacked by Muzzie terrorists,. I had to undergo continual harassment by a rogue Iranian tank brigade which terrorsized the Cobequid Mountains in Nova Scotia some years back. Did you know the Taliban have made steady inroads into the Annapolice valley over the last few years. It is thought they are trying to capture the apple fields.
Please share some of your harrowing stories of Muzzie encounters with us. The only way we will save Canada from this horde is to talk aboot our experiences and hold each other till the sobbing stops.

Thems ain't terrorists- Thems are hill folk comin down for the Rink dances in Kingston.