Helping Muslim Girls is "Racist"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Edmonton Transit Caves to Islamic Supremacist Demands and Takes Down AFDI Bus Ads

via atlas shrugs:

I just received a call from CTV asking me what I thought of the removal of our ad, which was designed to help Muslim girls in trouble. I had not been told. It was the first I was hearing it. We placed our ads in Edmonton because human rights activists there wanted to partner with our organization to do so. Honor killing is a grim reality that is largely ignored, and girls are suffering as a result. Muslim fathers kill their daughters for real or imagined sexual indiscretions that have supposedly dishonored the family. Nothing is done because political correctness prevents us from speaking about the problem honestly. Muslims commit 91 percent of honor killings worldwide and Islamic law stipulates no penalty for a parent who kills his child. These girls need and deserve protection. Apparently Muslims complained. Why?
Is this how the Canadian Muslim community responds to the desperate circumstances of Muslim girls living in devout Muslim homes? They deny, obfuscate and dissemble. The Muslim community protects the religious honor code, while smearing and libeling the truth tellers coming to the aid of these girls as "racists."
AFDI's new honor killing awareness campaign was designed to help young girls living in fear of the Islamic honor code.
The Palestinian Authority gives pardons or suspended sentences for honor murders. Iraqi women have asked for tougher sentences for Islamic honor murderers, who get off lightly now. Syria in 2009 scrapped a law limiting the length of sentences for honor killings, but "the new law says a man can still benefit from extenuating circumstances in crimes of passion or honour 'provided he serves a prison term of no less than two years in the case of killing.'" And in 2003 the Jordanian Parliament voted down on Islamic grounds a provision designed to stiffen penalties for honor killings. Al-Jazeera reported that "Islamists and conservatives said the laws violated religious traditions and would destroy families and values." (Source: Jihadwatch)
Honor victims here.

Helping Muslim Girls is "Racist": Edmonton Transit Caves to Islamic Supremacist Demands and Takes Down AFDI Bus Ads - Atlas Shrugs

CTV Edmonton: City pulling controversial signs | CTV News

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
The old rule applies: If you go out of your way to offend, don't get offended when people predicatably take offence.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Canadian law sees no difference between the Muslim dad who kills his daughter for being 'immoral', and the Christian dad who does the same, so part of me can't help but think that a group that tries to deal externally with Muslim issues, is being a bit narrow focused. I can get how some would see that as bigoted.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I've come to admire Muslims. They know how to deal effectively with leftists. Leftists fear them.

They do... they absolutely do. One need only to look at the NY Times Ad awhile back and you can see that.

They allowed a full page anti-Catholic ad to run.

So someone mirrored the ad making it anti-Muslim to prove a point... the NY Times refused to run it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Edmonton Transit Caves to Islamic Supremacist Demands and Takes Down AFDI Bus Ads

via atlas shrugs:

I just received a call from CTV asking me what I thought of the removal of our ad, which was designed to help Muslim girls in trouble. I had not been told. It was the first I was hearing it. We placed our ads in Edmonton because human rights activists there wanted to partner with our organization to do so. Honor killing is a grim reality that is largely ignored, and girls are suffering as a result. Muslim fathers kill their daughters for real or imagined sexual indiscretions that have supposedly dishonored the family. Nothing is done because political correctness prevents us from speaking about the problem honestly. Muslims commit 91 percent of honor killings worldwide and Islamic law stipulates no penalty for a parent who kills his child. These girls need and deserve protection. Apparently Muslims complained. Why?
Is this how the Canadian Muslim community responds to the desperate circumstances of Muslim girls living in devout Muslim homes? They deny, obfuscate and dissemble. The Muslim community protects the religious honor code, while smearing and libeling the truth tellers coming to the aid of these girls as "racists."
AFDI's new honor killing awareness campaign was designed to help young girls living in fear of the Islamic honor code.
The Palestinian Authority gives pardons or suspended sentences for honor murders. Iraqi women have asked for tougher sentences for Islamic honor murderers, who get off lightly now. Syria in 2009 scrapped a law limiting the length of sentences for honor killings, but "the new law says a man can still benefit from extenuating circumstances in crimes of passion or honour 'provided he serves a prison term of no less than two years in the case of killing.'" And in 2003 the Jordanian Parliament voted down on Islamic grounds a provision designed to stiffen penalties for honor killings. Al-Jazeera reported that "Islamists and conservatives said the laws violated religious traditions and would destroy families and values." (Source: Jihadwatch)

Honor victims here.

Helping Muslim Girls is "Racist": Edmonton Transit Caves to Islamic Supremacist Demands and Takes Down AFDI Bus Ads - Atlas Shrugs

CTV Edmonton: City pulling controversial signs | CTV News

The choice of wording in that add is clearly intended to offend. There is nothing wrong with the idea in principle of reaching out to these girls and trying to help them, but the wording of the add comes across as if its main concern is to take a puck shot at Muslims in general and comes across as insincere.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's easier to chuck a baby into the Ganges than wait for her to grow up only to piss you off.

Hindus blow the Muzzies out of the water. 10 Million dead baby girls in the past 20 years.

India Has Killed 10 Million Girls in 20 Years - ABC News

I can't recall hearing of any any relevant episodes in Canada for these kinds of practices amongst the Canadian Hindi community... Can't see why there would be a 'help line' established in Canada for something that doesn't exist.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
They do... they absolutely do. One need only to look at the NY Times Ad awhile back and you can see that.

They allowed a full page anti-Catholic ad to run.

So someone mirrored the ad making it anti-Muslim to prove a point... the NY Times refused to run it.

Muslims treat leftists the same way Colonel Sanders treats chickens.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Muslims treat leftists the same way Colonel Sanders treats chickens.

Strange. Wahabis don't get anymore Left because they are it. Muzzie Bros. are cozying up to the Soviets again in the ME as of late after and have given them what they've wanted after all these years.

The Suez and Egypt which are the keys to the front door of Africa.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The ad was in your face but was it racist? I don't think so. In this country
we have been at wits end trying to deal with honor killings done by people
who come here and can't behave according to our rules. Thiess ads are
responding to a religion and a society that has no problem disregarding the
laws of their adopted country.
I also agree that anyone who commits an honour killing should be treated
the same and receive a life sentence for their actions.
In this case I see no need to remove the signs on busses as the organization
is providing a legitimate alternative to those bullying these women and girls.
When do we just stand up and say you will obey the law and we will farrot out
the violators of the legal system and the foundations of our society.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
When do we just stand up and say you will obey the law and we will farrot out
the violators of the legal system and the foundations of our society.

We do that all the time.

When people immigrate to Canada, they are told in no uncertain terms in their citizenship materials, that Canada does not accept these behaviours.

We educate people in school that Canada does not accept these behaviours.

We educate people in the media, that Canada does not accept these behaviours.

Police state it. Social services states it. The judicial system states it.

Honour killings are not a thing that Canada keeps quiet on its view of. Nor does it pardon them in the judicial system.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Strange. Wahabis don't get anymore Left because they are it. Muzzie Bros. are cozying up to the Soviets again in the ME as of late after and have given them what they've wanted after all these years.

Ironically it is the right wingers and Tea Baggers who have called for a theocratic state in the USA - the same ones who object to such theocracies overseas (unless it is Saudi Arabia). Your earlier post about Hindus also hits the mark as they have even more honor killings than do Muslims. Furthermore, in Northern India Sikhs are known for this abhorrent practice as well though they get a free ride from all the criticism directed at Muslims.

Honor killings are abhorrent and have no place in any society. And, as both the USA & Canada are sectarian societies we both have the right and, in my book, the obligation to protect girls from these crimes.

If Metro Transit here in Gopherland had similar signs and were enjoined from displaying them in public, I would recommend they appeal in court for the right to continue this education campaign. After all, we do have local PSA's on tv and radio about familial obligations, rights, and protections and I see public bus signs as part of such campaigns.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California

America's position in the Middle East has effectively collapsed. The entire American alliance system in the ME and NA has been eviscerated by the realization that they can't trust the Americans under any circumstance. Uncle Sam's word is no good so they have concluded that they can't do business with the US. Uncle Sam had better scurry home before any more Americans get killed. Besides, the US and Canada bestride the world as energy giants. Together we can crush OPEC and Russia. Let the tar sands flow south to Houston. Screw the MENA.

Ironically it is the right wingers and Tea Baggers who have called for a theocratic state in the USA - the same ones who object to such theocracies overseas (unless it is Saudi Arabia). Your earlier post about Hindus also hits the mark as they have even more honor killings than do Muslims. Furthermore, in Northern India Sikhs are known for this abhorrent practice as well though they get a free ride from all the criticism directed at Muslims.

Honor killings are abhorrent and have no place in any society. And, as both the USA & Canada are sectarian societies we both have the right and, in my book, the obligation to protect girls from these crimes.

If Metro Transit here in Gopherland had similar signs and were enjoined from displaying them in public, I would recommend they appeal in court for the right to continue this education campaign. After all, we do have local PSA's on tv and radio about familial obligations, rights, and protections and I see public bus signs as part of such campaigns.

Minnesota is the Newfoundland of the USA.